Page 1 of 65
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Purge of Dalaran (Alliance-side; major spoilers)

http://imageshack.us/f/404/wowscrnshot121012152001.jpg/

Enlarge and/or use the little arrows to go to the next screenshot; the entire event is there. Credit to Lucida for taking them.

Not quite as epic as I was expecting (Jaina wandering around imprisoning a few random mobs isn't quite the war-torn Dalaran I was hoping to see), but eh. Good stuff. Leads in to the Horde version (Rommath's rescue mission) nicely too.

Oh, Aethas. You should have taken up her offer to get out...

Video here, too:

Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-12-11 at 07:50 PM.

Where is this from?

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn humans. I just hit 8.1k/21k today as a NE. Cant wait to wrap up this story arc. Brings me closer to shoving my polearm down Garrosh's throat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    Where is this from?
    EU story forum. The French one. Or "the last part of the Operation: Shieldwall quests," if that's what you meant.

Again, credit to Lucida for taking the screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    Damn humans.
    I know right? I had forgotten about the DMF rep buff as well until a few days ago. ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    "This has always been the destiny of the Kirin Tor: To serve the Alliance"

Booyakasha!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    Damn humans. I just hit 8.1k/21k today as a NE. Cant wait to wrap up this story arc. Brings me closer to shoving my polearm down Garrosh's throat.
    I'm still at 6415/21000 because my server is stupid. I've only ever gotten the Beastmaster boss daily done once, because Thrall is the worst Alliance server ever(ironically, that's why I originally transferred here... on my Horde main).

10+ Year Old Account
    The screenshots are really good, I'm not sure what I was expecting from this really but I hope I'm to disappointed with it. Jaina has no mercy !

Glory to the Alliance !

Damn, that is some serious business going on there. As a horde member, i must say it upsets me because i love Dalaran so much, even if it is just the lore and not in-game purposes (for now?).

These lore scenes from 5.1 have been awesome. I just did the Horde one where we have to capture a Mogu Lord, and then Garrosh shows up. It was hilarious when Gorehowl flies across the screen and into the Mogu's chest.

Did anyone see the amount of Mogu bodies outside the crypt after Garrosh leaves?! He had to have killed 100+ mogu on his way in. That made me lol.

Deleted
    Aethas Sunreaver's elite guards at the start have epic gear. Whats it called? =x

Deleted
    Looking forward to this. going to be amazing. For i be honest, When Jaina was still all neutral after the sige of teremore i was mad, i mean it was just freaking stupid.
    But now it is time for dalaran to show why a flying city is to be feared

Wow, this is going to be epic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Looking forward to this. going to be amazing. For i be honest, When Jaina was still all neutral after the sige of teremore i was mad, i mean it was just freaking stupid.
    But now it is time for dalaran to show why a flying city is to be feared
    I have a strange feeling Dalaran will serve as the Alliance staging point ready for the siege of Orgrimmar. The Horde gets the echo isles and the Alliance get Dalaran. Like how argent tournament grounds/wyrmrest served as the staging point the past two expansions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I have a strange feeling Dalaran will serve as the Alliance staging point ready for the siege of Orgrimmar. The Horde gets the echo isles and the Alliance get Dalaran. Like how argent tournament grounds/wyrmrest served as the staging point the past two expansions.
    Yeah i also had that idea since in the horde version of thise quest, the orcs are killing and enslaveing the trolls.

But i am to cynical for haveing dalaran as a Alliance city. For lets be honest, the horde have NEVER been on the short side of the giving table.. So ofc it will return to neutral of being destroyed in the battle.

But for now, is a epic story line and going to hope for a bright alliance future for Dalaran

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there you have it, Jaina moves in and makes dalaran alliance only.

you know all this just feels like one alliance victory after another. We already know Garrosh is set to fall, that the horde will not be following his demented rule, and where does that leave the horde after what the alliance take from this?

I really hope, if blizzard are serious about balancing things out, that it has from here on a conflict between silvermoon and dalaran on equal levels, the sunreavers and lor'themar's elite standing at the magical fonts against dalarans magic. AND making use of the sunwells power.

Cut off the high elves from the sunwell. I'd dearly love to see a scene where Silvermoon claims the sunwell for itself, cutting off all high elves from it, and shoving that in Veressa's face... and hopefully see her become a wretched one, that would be sweet.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    But i am to cynical for haveing dalaran as a Alliance city. For lets be honest, the horde have NEVER been on the short side of the giving table.. So ofc it will return to neutral of being destroyed in the battle.

But for now, is a epic story line and going to hope for a bright alliance future for Dalaran
    God I hope it stays with the Alliance.
    Just because some Horde players liked a city that is very deep in the Alliance lore that a lot of Alliance players didn't like after it went neutral doesn't mean it should return to being a neutral city.

Just let us as a faction have something unique for a change, it's not like the Horde blew up one of our cities so all we're getting is a replacement.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    you know all this just feels like one alliance victory after another. We already know Garrosh is set to fall, that the horde will not be following his demented rule, and where does that leave the horde after what the alliance take from this?
    You've had Thrall as a Horde quest giver defeat Garrosh's execution force and Lor'themar show he does have a pair and that he's not some characterless Blood Elf leader.

This has been a good patch for both factions.

AND making use of the sunwells power.

Cut off the high elves from the sunwell. I'd dearly love to see a scene where Silvermoon claims the sunwell for itself, cutting off all high elves from it, and shoving that in Veressa's face... and hopefully see her become a wretched one, that would be sweet.
    I doubt it.
    The Sunwell seems now to be more akin to what Zandalar was to the Trolls. If the Blood Elves were to do such a thing then there would no longer be any unity amongst the two kinds of which I feel would actually kill one of the main story arcs of the two races.

Deleted
    Well there you have it, Jaina moves in and makes dalaran alliance only.

I really hope, if blizzard are serious about balancing things out, that it has from here on a conflict between silvermoon and dalaran on equal levels, the sunreavers and lor'themar's elite standing at the magical fonts against dalarans magic. AND making use of the sunwells power.

The Horde have the Divine Bell, I'm sure many alliance asses will be kicked when Garrosh rings that shit. I'm also praying for the blood elves to re-affirm their alliance with The Forsaken, blood elves and undead go after the Silver Covenant and Sylvanas finally rids herself of the one thing that keeps her tied to her former life, her sisters. I want her to kill Vareesa, for one epic shit storm.

10+ Year Old Account
    W

you know all this just feels like one alliance victory after another.
    Usually it's the other way round, about time the Alliance get to kick ass. I do agree it should be balanced though but the Alliance deserve some victory after all that has happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow...that's all I have to say. *blinks*

Granted it's been a bit over a year since I faction changed most of my toons from alliance to horde and I've missed reading a few of the books, but it's kind of shocking to see Varian being the reasonable, calm one and Jaina going full on crazy. o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    I'm also praying for the blood elves to re-affirm their alliance with The Forsaken, blood elves and undead go after the Silver Covenant and Sylvanas finally rids herself of the one thing that keeps her tied to her former life, her sisters. I want her to kill Vareesa, for one epic shit storm.
    I highly doubt that would happen.
    The two haven't been real friends since Wrath and even prior to this you gotta remember the two were really an alliance of convenience. To add to this why would the Blood Elves start being friendly again with a race of people who are becoming like the same people who obliterated their own race?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm watching these screenshots here (awesome job btw, thanks!) and I gotta say I'm surprised we get to play all that! Until now when one faction did something unquestionably evil, players always found a way to remain free of blame. The bombing on the Wrathgate? Those were rogue forsaken, not us! Attack on Camp Taura'jo? Rogue Alliances, players didn't have anything to do with it! Theramore? We were there just to rescue some elf, we had no idea there was a bigass bomb coming in!

The purge of Dalaran on the other hand actually has you invading the Sunreaver's lairs and killing their people there. Player's characters can't act ignorant of the evil being done here, if they were trully innocent they'd try to reason with Jaina or at least contact Varian before entering shops and slaughtering their vendors. I wonder if the Horde will also have quest events that damn our characters like that, personally I think that adds a lot more depth to the "heroes" of Warcraft, although I'd prefer if we actually could choose our paths, even if the result was the same. Imagine if Alliance players actually had the option to try to contact Varian before Jaina did something so harsh, even if they failed to prevent the purge itself.