Issue with patching WoW

When I launch wow, it starts downloading the update, and completely stops about half way in, and says this.

"ERROR: The file: C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Updates\wow-0-16357-Win-final.MPQ appears to be corrupt. You may need to download this file again."

Now every time I launch WoW, it just says that right away. Do I have to re install WoW? Or is there any other way to fix it. I'd really rather not re install, because of all my addons and how I have my UI set up. Unless I can save all of it before uninstalling?

I had the same issue. I used the repair tool and it fixed itself and finished the patch. So that should help you too, sounds like you have the same issue I did.

No need to go through the long process of using the repair tool, just go to your warcraft folder, then into the Updates, and delete wow-0-16357-Win-final.MPQ. It will redownload it and it will all be peachy. (It's only a 5MB file, so it's nearly instant.)

Quote Originally Posted by Moogie423 View Post
    No need to go through the long process of using the repair tool, just go to your warcraft folder, then into the Updates, and delete wow-0-16357-Win-final.MPQ. It will redownload it and it will all be peachy. (It's only a 5MB file, so it's nearly instant.)
    I did this and it worked fine for me and corrected my issue.

Cool, it works now.
    Thanks.

This is true. The repair function did not take long either in this instance. It was maybe five minutes total

Much thanks.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it