Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The beauty is the lack of class restrictions.

Monk in Rogue/Druid T3? sure.
    DK in Warrior T3

About half of them look ridiculous (warlock, Druid, Shaman) others look fantastic (Warrior, Priest) and a few have great parts for other transmog combinations. (Paladin, Rogue) It really comes down to which class you play and whether or not you like the look of that specific class' Tier 3 set.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    This,
    I cannot believe the OP has said t7 druid is better looking than t3. T3 is the best druid set ingame. Why they made the green a bit darker @ T7 is beyond me.
    Same with the priest t3, it got absolutely destroyed in WotLK.
    It's again a matter of taste really. For me T3 Druid is a bit to bright and I actually liked the purple version.
    Also the old tiers have that old-school vibe going on and again it depends if you like that. I personally prefer the more graphically up-to-date ones. As far as druid tiers go I believe it's one of the classes which had the luck of getting so many good ones:

T1: very classic druidish and very decent set
    T2: same as 1 (I really love the recolored chest of it 'Robes of Summer Flames' and use it for transmog)
    T3: good, but too bright for my taste
    T4, T5 & T6: All pure win for me
    T7: like the purple one best, green one is decent too
    T8: loved this set
    T9: meh as Horde (am tauren), but very nice as Alliance
    T10: kinda liked this one as long as you burn the helmet. It's nice if you don't look for anything flashy
    T11: my absolute favorite. There's something about those shoulders that made it a instant classic for me and I thought the blue was refreshing instead of the standard stuff.
    T12: lesser set tbh
    T13: only like the hc one
    T14: decent

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    I cannot believe the OP has said t7 druid is better looking than t3. T3 is the best druid set ingame. Why they made the green a bit darker @ T7 is beyond me.
    Same with the priest t3, it got absolutely destroyed in WotLK.

T3 > T7
    Priest , Shaman, Warrior, Warlock, Mage, Druid, Paladin, Hunter
    Obviously it is subjective.

Personally I like the shaman and priest much better from Tier 7, either raid size (although shaman's 25 is really similar to the original). I'm apathetic on the warlock, mage, druid and hunter. I hate the paladin set in any colouring. Warrior and rogue are the only ones I flat out prefer the Tier 3 look.

There is no "right" or "wrong" position here. It's personal preference.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

While it comes down to taste, rarity gives them flavour in the eyes of many.

Deleted
    the only tier3 i really like is the Warrior one. Looks truly amazing. The rest...meh

I don't really like most of them. Shaman one is bleh, paladin one is no, just no... Others so-so, the best looking one is possibly the priest one I'd say.

Who the fuck do you people think you are just straight up passing judgement on what is actually good looking and what isn't?
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    There might be a little bit of nostalgia fueling the rationale for the T3 sets... but let's face it -- what a great time for WoW. Naxx was excellent in design and very challenging. As a result, players were rewarded with beautiful sets across the board. Not one of the sets was met with a resounding groan like many that we've been subjected to.

Are they the end all/be all sets? No, but they are measuring sticks for sure.

I wrote an article with a friend about my favorite armor sets in WoW thus far, excluding the new Pandaria ones and surprisingly only a few came from T3. And despite how sexy Dreadnaught is, I even chose Onslaught over it because it exudes more of a "warrior" feeling overall, like many have said previously.
    Solid article. I agree that the best warrior sets are the ones that look more realistic than other class' counterparts, because warriors by definition are not fantasy magic wielders like most every other class in the game (even Rogues have a supernatural grasp of poisons).

That said, Warrior Tier 3 >>>> Warrior Tier 6.

Deleted
    well its all a matter of taste but i must say that t3 rogue set looks amazing for monks and is definetly worth it because they cant get the t7 recolors of it

Deleted
    love: Mage, Warrior, Rogue, Priest.

That said, nothing beats Alliance Marshal Plate Gear on a female Human.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Who the fuck do you people think you are just straight up passing judgement on what is actually good looking and what isn't?
    I don't think anyone in here is claiming they speak on behalf of everyone.

Settle down champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to squint pretty hard to see the differences between Dreamwalker and Valorous Dreamwalker.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Personally, they're not aesthetically pleasing to me, as nostalgic and prestigious as they are. I tend not to care for most tier sets in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sets where T3 looks better:
    Dreadnought
    Redemption
    All Others

Set where t7 looks better:

Not to say some t7 sets don't look bad. I like Valorous Redemption and Heroes' Dreadnought. The problem is is that they just look like rusted, ill-maintained variants on the originals. It's hard to look epic when you're running around in a layer of stylized rust.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

a lot of my guildies are in love with their t3 sets.
    but for me as a warlock i have to say i don't like neither t3 or t7....in my opinion there are more better looking sets than t3/t7.
    so i never mind buying them from the bmah even if those set pieces are around 10-15k each

T3 is from a better time.....

I'm in love with T3 just because of no class restrictions. My shaman is collecting crypt and my hunter is collecting shaman T3.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I have to squint pretty hard to see the differences between Dreamwalker and Valorous Dreamwalker.
    One is green, the other is dark green.

Then there's the purple 10 man set, which I don't know why they went purple and bronze unless the point was for a plague druid or something.

I think is personal preference. Personally, I think the Warrior T3 looked better than the T7/7.5 (especially the T7)... looked amazing with my CAB too =).

I don't think T3 (of any class) is the best looking set in the game, but again, its all opinion.

I'm a Wrath baby who has always found T3/T7 models pretty unimpressive. I get that there is nostalgia for T3, but really, how much can there be when it was even played by so few, how many of whom might not even still play at all? The prestige gear that actually justifies itself from an art standpoint is the pvp stuff, and even then mostly just the Alliance side, IMO.