View Poll Results: What do you play?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • I play Holy

    35 23.97%
  • I play Disc

    99 67.81%
  • I can't decide between the two.

    12 8.22%
Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Titan Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    11,784

    Holy or Disc? I can't decide!

    From level 85-90 I frequently switched between Holy and Disc through dungeons. I plan to only PvE, and I just can't make up my mind on which one to play. I really like both, and both seem to be very viable. The only difference I can see between the two, is that I feel more secure with my mana in Disc spec (rapture). Other than that, I just can't make up my mind on which to play.

    Any opinions on why you play your spec? Pros - Cons?
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2012-12-10 at 07:33 PM.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Titan Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    11,784
    ^ Awesome sauce, lol.

    I just hate paying for the reforge.

  4. #4
    Disc is the best healing spec now, like mistweaver before. Go disc.

  5. #5
    Yeah disc is the best healer spec. if you like both then you will have a huge advantage as disc

  6. #6
    What exactly do you reforge?

  7. #7
    I play all three specs on a regular basis in a 10 man raid setting.

    I recommend you play whatever spec best suits the fight. For the most part i am playing Disc/Shadow but i switch to holy for fights like tsulong / leishi. I don't know why people lock themselves into disc or holy, both are viable use them both!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    From level 85-90 I frequently switched between Holy and Disc through dungeons. I plan to only PvE, and I just can't make up my mind on which one to play. I really like both, and both seem to be very viable. The only difference I can see between the two, is that I feel more secure with my mana in Disc spec (rapture). Other than that, I just can't make up my mind on which to play.

    Any opinions on why you play your spec? Pros - Cons?

    Only way for you to decide is to try out both specs, man. Noone can tell you how you feel about a character/spec.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Rec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    700
    Disc is better in 5 mans, LFR, normal/heroic raids, and PvP. Holy is useful on certain fights (like Tsulong, as mentioned above), and as a last minute DPS spec. Seriously, the DPS isn't super terrible, it's just a reglyph away!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Markle View Post
    I play all three specs on a regular basis in a 10 man raid setting.

    I recommend you play whatever spec best suits the fight. For the most part i am playing Disc/Shadow but i switch to holy for fights like tsulong / leishi. I don't know why people lock themselves into disc or holy, both are viable use them both!
    This. If you are a dedicated healer, Holy and Disc are fine. They have exactly the same reforges (Spirit until comfortable [about as much as you can get if the fights are even "kinda" challenging for your group] then Mastery). Go Disc for most fights. If you need the direct healing (Tsulong) or high mobility (maybe kiting on Garalon?), go Holy. Otherwise, Disc is really the best right now.

  11. #11
    Titan Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    11,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernewbb View Post
    What exactly do you reforge?
    Mostly the haste comes off for Disc.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Markle View Post
    I don't know why people lock themselves into disc or holy, both are viable use them both!
    Because you don't wanna be in a spec you hate? I could never play as Holy because I hate it so much. Seriously hate it.

  13. #13
    You can play both holy and disc with mastery reforge.

    5.2 Disc Priest Guide | Retired(Playing Aion)

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Mostly the haste comes off for Disc.
    Well what do you need haste for as holy anyway? To get the best healing you need to be spamming your aoe heals renew still IMO isn't worth using much tbh compared to prayer and circle of healing

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernewbb View Post
    Well what do you need haste for as holy anyway? To get the best healing you need to be spamming your aoe heals renew still IMO isn't worth using much tbh compared to prayer and circle of healing
    Haste is your most important stat as Holy because it lowers the cooldown of Renew, Lightwell and HW:Sanctuary and decreases cast time of PoH.

    http://www.icy-veins.com/holy-priest...rity-reforging
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/priest/holy/stat-priority
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2012-12-10 at 08:41 PM.

  16. #16
    Titan Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    11,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernewbb View Post
    Well what do you need haste for as holy anyway? To get the best healing you need to be spamming your aoe heals renew still IMO isn't worth using much tbh compared to prayer and circle of healing
    Read post above this one. Haste matters in Holy.


    Spirit
    Intellect
    Haste Rating- 3039

    Crit and Mastery are....meh.
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2012-12-10 at 08:48 PM.

  17. #17
    Lol for real? Of course it lowers the cast time but you would need a crap load for it to be worth it and what is cd on renew ? It's a 0.5 gcd anyway

  18. #18

  19. #19
    disc is op as frac right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

  20. #20
    Haste is throughput at the expense of mana
    Mastery is throughput at the expense of response time
    Crit is throughput at the expense of reliability

    On paper haste does the most however it also has the highest cost considering how difficult it is to manage mana in low gear. Once we start reaching 12k+ spirit, most seem to be considering a haste build. Healing isnt as much number crunching as it is comfort and raid comp, If you're running with other healers who do absorbs, it may not be worth it to stack mastery or switch to disc. If you run with comps that run HoT's you may not want to go holy or haste, if you run with classes that can heal up quick, you may want to avoid haste and go for absorbs instead.
    Last edited by Nestar; 2012-12-10 at 08:58 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •