Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I have a digital power supply so my numbers are pretty much correct.

However you want to call the ax860i being a digital or blabla. A 500W for any nvidia should be more than fine and even too much.

Got this cpu now OC'ed at 4.7GHz with 1.4V and the gtx 680 at 1300MHz (if full boost) and not even reaching 500W while I have 8fans.
    http://imgur.com/cbxv1

While I am not on a budget so to speak, I can't spend just to spend. 150 for the PSU, 200 for the video.

I have already decided the PSU will be either from Seasonic or an offshoot from them. Seasonic's reputation is almost universally epic when it comes to quality. I will pay for quality.

But reading the responses, it brings up another question.

Say I get a new PSU, and its oh say 750w. Chances are, unless your doing major graphic work, you don't need that kind of juice just to game, so say about 400w's is complete overkill. Does that matter? Does it hurt anything?

Sorry if thats a noob question, about this tuff, I'm a noob.

Also, my hats off to everyone who has replied to my questions in this thread. Props to the posters because most people in this section, if you ask them, give you easy to understand answers to hard questions. And most are not jerks about it but helpful and don't steer you wrong.

I cannot thank you guys enough.

Quote Originally Posted by The Handsome Stranger View Post
    Say I get a new PSU, and its oh say 750w. Chances are, unless your doing major graphic work, you don't need that kind of juice just to game, so say about 400w's is complete overkill. Does that matter? Does it hurt anything?
    Buying a 750W PSU you don't need hurts your wallet. At the very least, its budget that could be shifted towards a better graphics card.
    Last edited by yurano; 2012-12-12 at 09:44 AM.

While I am not on a budget so to speak, I can't spend just to spend. 150 for the PSU, 200 for the video.

I have already decided the PSU will be either from Seasonic or an offshoot from them. Seasonic's reputation is almost universally epic when it comes to quality. I will pay for quality.

Also, my hats off to everyone who has replied to my questions in this thread. Props to the posters because most people in this section, if you ask them, give you easy to understand answers to hard questions. And most are not jerks about it but helpful and don't steer you wrong.

You're not an overclocker at all. Even if you do you still would push a few more watts out of the cpu. 500W is just more than enough. Just check my previous post. 430W is even enough.

It wouldn't hurt you if your PSU was extremely overkill for your system. You're only going to draw from it what you need, but as already stated, you'll be purchasing wasted wattage when you could be putting that extra cash toward a better graphics card or other upgrades. There are some perks to having an overkill unit, with say double the power you need, but those perks don't usually outweigh the extra cost factor.