10+ Year Old Account

DW or 2hander for pvp?

trying to decided if i wanta go DW or 2hander for frost pvp?

with a 2 hander i can switch back and forth between frost unholy and blood but with 2 1 handers im kinda stuck with just 1 spec.
    idk i just want some imput

DW against heavy armor (strong against heavy and light armor)
    2H against light armor (very strong against light armor, but not so strong as DW against heavy armor)

yes, i know it sucks. Terrible design by blizzard. 2h and DW should have stayed the same way as they were in Cata, where it was only a cosmetic option and feeling to it.
    But we have to live with this sadly.. for now...

My suggestion to a change:

Rework "Might of the Frozen Wastes" and "Threat of Thassarian" to no longer increase FS and Obliterate damage. Keep the other bonuses. Increase FS-damage by 40% and Obliterate-damage by 10% for all frost DK's instead, also make Obliterate ignore 15% armor per diseases. This would even things out. We would be strong against heavy armor again and less OP against Light armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    DW against heavy armor (strong against heavy and light armor)
    2H against light armor (very strong against light armor, but not so strong as DW against heavy armor)

yes, i know it sucks. Terrible design by blizzard. 2h and DW should have stayed the same way as they were in Cata, where it was only a cosmetic option and feeling to it.
    But we have to live with this sadly.. for now...

My suggestion to a change:

Rework "Might of the Frozen Wastes" and "Threat of Thassarian" to no longer increase FS and Obliterate damage. Keep the other bonuses. Increase FS-damage by 40% and Obliterate-damage by 10% for all frost DK's instead, also make Obliterate ignore 15% armor per diseases. This would even things out. We would be strong against heavy armor again and less OP against Light armor.
    30% ac debuff for just doing your rotation. Faerie Fire got nerfed duration wise and it was only 12%. CS had to be nerfed to 50% and it only lasts 6 seconds.

2hand oblits can still crit high on plate, cause it makes that much burst dmg, besides its required to play in blood presence and this would insanely hurt dw dmg output.

2hand makes less dmg on plate healers aka holy palas, plate+resi+heal isn't something you can just burst through, however dd plate wearers usually put everything in strenght and pvp power, with the exception of the dk who better go resi, cause survivabilty is horrible. You are basicly a glass canon in plate!

If you want to risk to play more offensively you can do it in bgs/rbgs, but not arenas, there you can easily afford to go dw + masterfrost and spam HB.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2012-12-11 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, I'm in a similar situation as the OP... I have two 1-h weapons from LFR (Kil'rak and scimitar of seven stars,) but only the goresoaked headreaper from heroic scholomance (damn starshatter never drops) for 2h.

I previously attempted masterfrost with the twin LFR elegions ( /sigh ) I had, but howling blast and frost strike seemed to hit like wet noodles... while I have more PvP gear now (a complete combination of honor and conquest,) I'm hesitant to reforge all my gear to mastery merely for a similar lackluster result.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    30% ac debuff for just doing your rotation. Faerie Fire got nerfed duration wise and it was only 12%. CS had to be nerfed to 50% and it only lasts 6 seconds.
    he ment to say only let OBLITERATE ignore armor not all of our spells/skills

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    indeed. Obliterate hits like a chicken on holy paladins.

Add i think more of our abilities should come from other skills the Obliterate. More FS and Howling Blast.
    Mabye give Frost Strike an effect that makes your next Howling Blast deal x% more damage to main target, stack up to 3 times.
    Our rotation would be much more interesting then. Another solution would be adding a new ability with a short CD (10-30sec).
    Nerf Obliterate and buff Frost Strike to even things out. Increase Obliterate damage by 10%, make it ignore 10-15% armor to Obliterate (Obliterate only) per diseases, increase FS damage by 30% and add a new ability (not for a dps buff really, but for a more fun rotation) or as i mentioned above (FS stack increases HB damage).

Frost is really boring now. It's too much about Obliterate (for 2h) and FS and HB feels very week. It's also not very fun to use only 3 dps skills, now that we're not using NS any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Monks says hi.. But that's off topic.

I'd say go 2h for pvp OP, just because I like 2h more than DW, but then again.. Personal preference.

if you have t1 you should try unholy/warrior/hpally.you dont lost too much pressure if you dps in blood presence and your whole team need to gems resil.Death coil proc is op with lichborn healing.Pet stun and necrotic strike absorb 35k healing.

if you are frost spec in blood presence your frost strike will cost 32 rp too much dps lost

http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...%ACan/advanced

http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...n/Fyn/advanced

the only thing idk yet is blood tap or runic corruption
    Last edited by Gabbynator; 2012-12-11 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    Ah, that would be less crazy then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Monks says hi.. But that's off topic.

I'd say go 2h for pvp OP, just because I like 2h more than DW, but then again.. Personal preference.
    Haven't looked into monk pvp but I've heard that that they make warriors with double time + death from above look like they're standing still, as well as have crazy defensive cds.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 02:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    if you have t1 you should try unholy/warrior/hpally.you dont lost too much pressure if you dps in blood presence and your whole team need to gems resil.Death coil proc is op with lichborn healing.Pet stun and necrotic strike absorb 35k healing.

if you are frost spec in blood presence your frost strike will cost 32 rp too much dps lost

I'd imagine Blood Tap; always better to have the rune you need when you need it than hoping for RNG, een if RNG yields more rues in a given period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post

Frost is really boring now. It's too much about Obliterate (for 2h) and FS and HB feels very week. It's also not very fun to use only 3 dps skills, now that we're not using NS any more.
    I still use ns on those holy paladins and warriors that are near second wind, way better idea than to use oblits if there are death runes.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 03:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post

well blood tap for unholy in any case to stack ns, and i used blood tap for frost 2hand too for better controlled on demand burst with oblits, but runic corruption is ok too.

whats nice is the idea to use dw in arenas with runforged silence protection, spellbreaking(you may consider disarm protection aka swordbreking too, but its not as useful) those silences are the greats threat to a dk, it can kill you in a burst scenario and they tend to occure far more often than disarms. the problem just is you uptime easily not high enough to deal enough dmg with it, as 2hand requires less uptime to maximize burst through 2hand oblit killing machine procs. Too bad threat of tharassian is not availible for the unholy tree i see more use of it there.

However if it comes to rbgs and dw you max offensive stats razorice in the mainhand fallen crusader in the offhand i recommend to use the 2 set pve bonus 10% more dmg on oblit and fs is more than couple of pvp power. the uptime is way better too in rbgs most people simple do not move much and stuff becomes zergish with many switches, so extremely different to arena(positioning!)
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2012-12-12 at 03:01 AM.