Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    6 Char slots for Preferred players?

    I've seen this rumor going around on the forums but on my preferred player account (I've subbed before but atm it's f2p) I have access to 2 char slots. Is this change coming and if so is it out tomorrow with the 1.6 patch? Can't find any patch notes that confirm this.

  2. #2
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,579
    It's not a rumor, it was confirmed. Please search posts here before you create threads like this. It's the entire reason why we made information threads for F2P and returning players.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    It's not a rumor, it was confirmed. Please search posts here before you create threads like this. It's the entire reason why we made information threads for F2P and returning players.
    I did search, read threads and even asked this question in another thread and didn't get a response.

    Where was it confirmed? And if so when is it out?
    Last edited by MaraStarfury; 2012-12-10 at 10:58 PM.

  4. #4
    It is coming "soon" that is about all they have said. Will it be before they enforce the 2 toons per server for F2P, common sense would say no, after there history of common sense blunders I am sure they will force ppl to 2 toons then make them unhappily wait for the others. Not realizing that most will just never come back or maybe not caring.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  5. #5
    The Patient Slugfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In your fridge, drinking your beer
    Posts
    301
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    I've seen this rumor going around on the forums but on my preferred player account (I've subbed before but atm it's f2p) I have access to 2 char slots. Is this change coming and if so is it out tomorrow with the 1.6 patch? Can't find any patch notes that confirm this.
    It's going to be when they make character slots available for sale in the Cartel store, supposedly at the end of December, if I recall correctly. So, based on that and the language they use ("we will allow preferred players to activate"), don't be surprised if BioWare doesn't actually give you six slots, but lets you purchase up to a limit of six total.

    EDIT: Oh wait, the Dev blog from December 4th says they will give preferred four more slots, but now they don't know when.
    Last edited by Cooper; 2012-12-10 at 11:26 PM.

  7. #7
    Thanks for the replies, very helpful.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugfest View Post
    All it says on the character slots is it is coming. The Cathar race and HK side kick have been coming soon for over half a year. One is actually here now the other should be soon.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  9. #9
    I'm hoping they add it in during tomorrow's patch. Since I remember reading somewhere that they said we wouldn't have to wait long for it.

  10. #10
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    All it says on the character slots is it is coming. The Cathar race and HK side kick have been coming soon for over half a year. One is actually here now the other should be soon.
    You act like it's not going to happen...same as the people who try to say they are going to make you buy it.

    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Additionally, in an upcoming patch (no exact date yet, but players won’t have to wait long), Preferred Status Players will be given four (4) additional character slots, which means that they will have a total of six character slots. As always, Free-to-Play Players can reach Preferred Status simply by purchasing anything from our online store or purchasing a physical copy of the game.

    Source

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You act like it's not going to happen...same as the people who try to say they are going to make you buy it.

    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Additionally, in an upcoming patch (no exact date yet, but players won’t have to wait long), Preferred Status Players will be given four (4) additional character slots, which means that they will have a total of six character slots. As always, Free-to-Play Players can reach Preferred Status simply by purchasing anything from our online store or purchasing a physical copy of the game.

    Source
    That isn't what I am saying at all. I am sure they will add it. The only thing I wonder about is how long they dangle the carrot that it is coming soon. I also wonder if they will force ppl down to 2 before they do it, which I think would be a huge mistake but kinda par for the course so far.

    I also wouldn't be too surprised if a cartel coin option for more was put in prior to them adding it. Most of that is due to the fact I don't put anything past them when it comes to them trying to squeeze a few short term dollars and crap on long term gains.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post

    I also wouldn't be too surprised if a cartel coin option for more was put in prior to them adding it. Most of that is due to the fact I don't put anything past them when it comes to them trying to squeeze a few short term dollars and crap on long term gains.
    Yea Biowares terrible track record and greedy/restrictive cartel market ways does seem to not bode well for this option.

    I really wonder how hard is it for them to change the parameters that they haven't done so already?!?

    Then again this is an mmo company... they seem to make the biggest deals over the most minor things while taking forever to release it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 05:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You act like it's not going to happen...same as the people who try to say they are going to make you buy it.

    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Additionally, in an upcoming patch (no exact date yet, but players won’t have to wait long), Preferred Status Players will be given four (4) additional character slots, which means that they will have a total of six character slots. As always, Free-to-Play Players can reach Preferred Status simply by purchasing anything from our online store or purchasing a physical copy of the game.

    Source
    I find that a strange quote since I know 2 people who bought physical copies of the game but arn't considered preferred players.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I really wonder how hard is it for them to change the parameters that they haven't done so already?!?
    Adjusting the limits globally for all players is probably as easy as setting a new server parameter as they have done so in the past, but adjusting the allotment based on your account status is obviously taking some time to implement as this wasn't really needed before the switch to F2P. Plus they need entirely new code so that you can choose which chars remain active and such, because again such a thing wasn't needed in the subscription system.

    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I find that a strange quote since I know 2 people who bought physical copies of the game but arn't considered preferred players.
    That would be a bug then. Anyone who has bought the box should be prefered status.

  14. #14
    I think it's very generous of them to give preferred players 6 chars not that I'm complaining at all, that's a hell of a lot of content and value. I just think out of all the small but annoying restrictions you can buy I would of thought they could of made a bomb of cash out of char slots in particular.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    I think it's very generous of them to give preferred players 6 chars not that I'm complaining at all, that's a hell of a lot of content and value. I just think out of all the small but annoying restrictions you can buy I would of thought they could of made a bomb of cash out of char slots in particular.
    See thats one of the odd things to me, the Character Slots seem like a no brainer for the types of things that should cost you additional dollars. I'm not even a fan of the F2P model, but if I were going into one or starting one up, that the first thing on the list I would have or expect to have costing RL money. It doesn't even bother me that coming back I would be restricted in toon, I mean if I'm doing the F2P model there is much more to do than level anyways.

    I would be relaxing some of the other features imo.

  16. #16
    You see and I hated it having to unlock characters when I tried F2P version of AoC.... . I hadn't played this game for a very long time and therfore completely forgot how each class played = to try out which one I wanted I had to unlock them for rl money.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    You see and I hated it having to unlock characters when I tried F2P version of AoC.... . I hadn't played this game for a very long time and therfore completely forgot how each class played = to try out which one I wanted I had to unlock them for rl money.
    Yeah I can see that point of view as well, I guess you gotta find that nice balance between trial and actual game play. Being it is " free " I'm not sure I wouldn't have an issue with just deleting and starting over, although I guess depending on the time involved I could see that being an issue as well.

    Its one reason I'm not a huge fan of F2P, the system causes about as many problems as it solves.

  18. #18
    Over 9000! Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    9,272
    So are those 6 character slots for preferred status players on one server or the whole account? And did it come with patch 1.6?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    So are those 6 character slots for preferred status players on one server or the whole account? And did it come with patch 1.6?
    It will be for the whole account.

    It really sucks because i have to delete >10 characters until i can make a new one, even with the 6 slots.

  20. #20
    Over 9000! Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    9,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    It will be for the whole account.

    It really sucks because i have to delete >10 characters until i can make a new one, even with the 6 slots.
    So I'll still only be able to make 2 per server? And it's not live yet either? What am I able to make now, 2 accountwide?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •