Xbox 360 assistance, trying to fix an issue with the console.

Having some recent, odd problems with my Xbox 360. (Not in warranty, about to break the cases open on the box and brick to see if I can figure or change/replace anything to fix it... )

When using Composite or HDMI in my TV or Monitor, I will sometimes loose audio for a fraction of a second, than get a huge loud burst of audio all at once, louder than what my volume settings currently are.

This happens quite literally in less than a second, and happens randomly. Sometimes within a few minutes, other times it wont happen for days at a time. Happens in all games, very different display, tried multiple composite and HDMI cables, even went as far as switching power-strips and testing on different circuits and friends houses. Same thing, every time.

TV audio, or headphones, and sometimes both. Switched power supplies(bricks), nothing changed. Only thing I cant accurately test, is using another Xbox 360. I have a different generation and model then what my friends use.

Only time the burst of audio doesn't happen, is when I'm on the dashboard listening to music, or running through the dashboard apps. Other downloadable games though, Including Call of Duty Elite, Halo Waypoint, etc, the sound occurs in them as well.

Just checking but when exactly did you get this xbox 360? Year would be helpful and if it's a white model. If it is a white model PM me and I can try to help you with it as I've fixed numerous 360's over the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Just checking but when exactly did you get this xbox 360? Year would be helpful and if it's a white model. If it is a white model PM me and I can try to help you with it as I've fixed numerous 360's over the past few years.
    Possibly the motherboard, gpu, ram & cpu are solder integrated?

This really reminds me when I was overclocking Q9550's and a huge fail/bsod was causing immediately a very loud buzzing sound on my speakers. Possibly my sound card was getting something wrong and this happens on my new rig with a fail oc. Was also happening when you were oc'ing a graphics card or an overheating gpu.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post

This really reminds me when I was overclocking Q9550's and a huge fail/bsod was causing immediately a very loud buzzing sound on my speakers. Possibly my sound card was getting something wrong and this happens on my new rig with a fail oc. Was also happening when you were oc'ing a graphics card or an overheating gpu.
    Yeah everything is integrated in to the board but on a lot of old white model xbox's they used some really shitty solder that the connection would go "cold" after a while and a simple fix was to re-solder. I've flashed quite a few 360s and fixed a few red rings and the red rings where from cold connections.

Xbox 360 S 4Gb Arcade, second generation, third-party 250G HDD Adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post

Sound is a very finicky thing, distortion from electronics even on shielded and high quality audio tech is still a serious problem. Any high frequency can in actuality be picked up and emitted to a sound wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Sound is a very finicky thing, distortion from electronics even on shielded and high quality audio tech is still a serious problem. Any high frequency can in actuality be picked up and emitted to a sound wave.
    Yep.. So possibly it could be the gpu overheating or bad ram we.