10+ Year Old Account

[suggestion] Adding Pet Battle Arena's

I was thinking that it could be cool to add pet battle arena's to the world.

Why Pet Battle Arena's?
    Because pet battles are cool.

Is there anything new in the arena's?
    Yes, there is a 'Pet Brawling Guild' where you buy items with [Pet Ribbon]'s.

How can i get a [Pet Ribbon]?
    Good question. Win 3 pet battles in a row to receive 1 [Pet Ribbon] for every fainted pet minus the amount own fainted pets. Example: you win the battle, so opponent has 3 fainted pets, you have 1 fainted pet. So you get only 2 (3 - 1 = 2) ribbons.

What can i buy with [Pet Ribbon]'s?
    Well everything related to pets. Like Pet biscuits, Battle stones, Pet vanity stuff. Even new pets can be bought.

To who am i competing?
    Other players ofcourse. You can only join these fights if have at least raised 1 pet to pet level 25.

How does a fight work?
    It works like the new Brawlers guild except you can always join and dont have to buy some invitation somewhere. You can queue for a fight. Then if you win, you may stay in the battle. If you lose then you're out. If you won 3 battles in a row, then you leave so others has a chance to play as well.

Where can i join these fights?
    In all following goblin cities: Everlook (Winterspring), Gadgetzhan (Tanaris), Ratchet (Barrens), Booty Bay (Stranglethorn), Area 52 (Netherstorm), K3 (Storm Peaks).
    Also you can join with a new addition to the Looking For Pet Battle feature.

With how many pets can i play?
    You can choose if you join the 1 pet versus 1 pet, 2 versus 2 or 3 versus 3 battles.
    It's always 1 against 1 player.

Any concept image?
    Yeah, check this:
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2012-12-10 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice idea but Pet battles has been designed from the ground up as a 1 on 1 encounter. Increasing that will lead to broken teams (look at the movesets for water elemental pet and the new kun-lai runt, those 2 together will smash almost anything) and QQ.

See PVP for proof.

Remember : QQ leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Unsubs.
    Last edited by the0o; 2012-12-10 at 09:45 PM.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

As awesome as it sounds and as much as I want it, we probably won't see it because pet battles were supposed to be pretty casual and arena would make it very competitive and limit the amount of pets people use because there will just be a set of must have pets to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this idea. I actually submitted an in-game suggestion last night due a completely selfish and hilarious reason. My friend and I tried out the 'find battle' feature for the first time. She stripped her male belf down to his undies and put a jack-o-lantern on. I wanted nothing more than to see the reaction when she entered the battle. After ending up in a random battle together we learned that your appearance is changed upon entering battle. I was rather disappointed her dancing naked male belf was not seen .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Nice idea but Pet battles has been designed from the ground up as a 1 on 1 encounter. Increasing that will lead to broken teams (look at the movesets for water elemental pet and the new kun-lai runt, those 2 together will smash almost anything) and QQ.

See PVP for proof.

Remember : QQ leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Unsubs.
    It will always be 1 player against 1 player. No matter what. You can only choose if you want a battle with 1 pet, 2 pets or 3 pets. But the current pet battle rules will always be followed, so 1 pet at a time.
    It only should be that 1 pet vs 1 pet are quicker then 3 vs 3 pet battles.