Deleted

BGs are boringgggggg, Arena = honour

Ok, so I have got my Mage to 90 and i'm now on the grind for dreadful, I have all the contender gear and I only need about 5 pieces to go but my problem is BG's they are so boring when you have done them for the 1000th time, what can be done about this and whats your opinion on BGS

my other question is why dont arena matches give honour??! Has there every been a blues post about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    They want you to do bgs because they want you to grind longer. Not to mention, its really easy to wintrade arena queues if you really wanted to.

My idea would be to make an Honor Arena type that made you lose 200 honor if you lost and 300 for a win. At least that would give people an incentive to actually play the game. Then again, that'll end up being abused by higher geared players who can't get 1800 in the regular queues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    My idea would be to make an Honor Arena type that made you lose 200 honor if you lost and 300 for a win.
    Ok, I spend all my Honor so I have 0. I lose an Arena. I lose nothing, my opponent (who I am wintrading with) gains 300. Rinse and Repeat.

The reason they haven't implemented another system for acquiring something so vitally connected to progressing in PvP, is (besides getting you to grind more) that almost any "simple" or "why haven't they already done this" idea can be debunked as "easy to exploit", "counter-intuitive" or just flat out "lazy" within 5 to 10 minutes.

I really wish they didn't have to go ahead and add the gear updates for PvP though, it's just making having an alt impossible and widening the gap between "no gear" and "full gear"

Just memorize the patterns of all the bots you're facing in the BG (usually at least 75% at this point) and then have fun utterly dissecting them.

yes but since bgs give higher conq cap people still do them. tbh atm no aspect of pvp is actually fun (at least not on live servers) but only very few of those players who play above 2200 rbgs actually enjoy them

Play with friends, it makes a world of difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel just the opposite. For me, arena is boring and BGs are fun. The only reason I do arena is to get conquest points, since it is impossible to do rated BG unless you have a high arena rating already. I liked it much better back when I could trade valor points for conquest.

I just generally prefer the objective based 'game' type PvP over simple 'death match' arena.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

I just generally prefer the objective based 'game' type PvP over simple 'death match' arena.
    there is objective in death match, to kill your enemy and survive.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Just memorize the patterns of all the bots you're facing in the BG (usually at least 75% at this point) and then have fun utterly dissecting them.
    75%? I would be willing to bet all of my honor and a Four Loko that you couldn't identify a bot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzfun View Post
    Pointless point is pointless.

Yes, killing your opponents is the one and only objective in arena, as opposed to being something you do on the way to the objectives which win the game in a battleground, making arena a far less interesting game type. IMO.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

add the fact that gear>class>skill

so you end up in bg that u have done 45516561 time cuz u play since the release and you can't do shit cuz STUPID BOT AND BACKPEDLER PLAYER ONESHOTING U

YEAH I LOVE THAT GAME

but i have a sollution for u: do what i do, bot

edit, hf killing my bot, whit a roflmao class and gear, he can 3v1 players :x very funny to watch
    Last edited by dinouille; 2012-12-11 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dinouille View Post
    add the fact that gear>class>skill

so you end up in bg that u have done 45516561 time cuz u play since the release and you can't do shit cuz STUPID BOT AND BACKPEDLER PLAYER ONESHOTING U

YEAH I LOVE THAT GAME

but i have a sollution for u: do what i do, bot

edit, hf killing my bot, whit a roflmao class and gear, he can 3v1 players :x very funny to watch
    Agree, it's actually quite funny that Bots are better than some of the players. People just afk in BG's bots actually do something.
    Hi

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    BG's boring? Why do you pvp :/

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    BG's boring? Why do you pvp :/

pvp is not boring, bg are cuz they are badly tuned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyPie View Post
    Ok, so I have got my Mage to 90 and i'm now on the grind for dreadful, I have all the contender gear and I only need about 5 pieces to go but my problem is BG's they are so boring when you have done them for the 1000th time, what can be done about this and whats your opinion on BGS

my other question is why dont arena matches give honour??! Has there every been a blues post about it?
    So you dislike BG's because you have done them so much and find them being a repeat of the same thing, but you like 2 minute long arena games in the same arena maps, of which you can't even choose which one to fight in? Ok...

As to ways to avoid entering Battlegrounds but still getting honor, I suppose you could farm dungeons if you find them more fun (doubt it though since they are also repeatably grinding the same thing over and over, as are raids, and quests, and... everything in WoW...) for justice points to convert into honor points. Alternatively you could sign to those specific battlegrounds you do like (I assume there is at least one?), so many people are bent set to use that random signup, but unless you're after conquest points which you receive much more easily in arena anyways, there isn't much point to it, especially if you through it enter battlegrounds you don't even enjoy.

I farmed my honor points by signing up to Arathi Basin over and over, as that's the battleground I like the most.

I actually prefer BGs and find Arena deathly boring, go figure.

As a LOTR-head, when I PvP I don't want a couple of people scrapping; I want huge ass battles that feel like actual wars.

My favourite instances of PvP in fact are when people just think "Fuck it" to every objective in AV and have a huge battle in the middle, fighting only on the basis of reinforcements.

It's rare but it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouzfun View Post
    That isn't quite what he meant. BG objectives such as node assault/defence or defending/capping flags are generally more amusing and entertaining than pillar humping for 20 minutes until you get a money fear and/or CC Chain into a kill.