Are hunters good in high end level arena play?

just wondering what the most played classes on high end arena are at the moment

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters are terrible in Arena. "The Zoo" bug was the only good thing they had that was fixed. Its pretty much similar to what happened to Demonology Warlocks with Chaos Wave.

Mages, Shamans (Resto), Warriors, DKs, Holy Pallys, Locks (If you're good), Priests.

You really can't go wrong rolling a team like MLS. It's just so well rounded. There's a reason it's been a successful comp since basically forever, even through years of crazy changes to all the classes.

Hunters aren't very good now without the crazy high burst gimmick we were before 5.1

Marksman was the staple Hunter PvP spec for quite awhile but it's just terrible at everything right now, and running Arena with SV is just retarded.
    Last edited by skitz0129; 2012-12-10 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    just wondering what the most played classes on high end arena are at the moment
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...-0--0-0-0.html

There you go, as you can see Hunters are doing pretty fine right now

Hunter is the class that is hardest to master by a large margin. A hunter who truly mastered his class is still very very hard to beat even after all the changes 'n' nerfs, but such hunters are a very very very veeeeery rare breed.

Middle of the pack. Slightly on the lower end.

Re-roll a mage or SP.

Deleted
    Hunters are bad for pvp. Reroll or cancel sub till next patch, I know I did, but as a monk. Will only buy more time if GC fixes these classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...-0--0-0-0.html

There you go, as you can see Hunters are doing pretty fine right now
    Just an FYI, hunters were stomping beginning of MoP thanks to the broken BM spec. After the fix, they have definitely taken a hit on viability. However, that wouldn't show in those graphs if the smart hunters sit on their arena rating.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Just an FYI, hunters were stomping beginning of MoP thanks to the broken BM spec. After the fix, they have definitely taken a hit on viability. However, that wouldn't show in those graphs if the smart hunters sit on their arena rating.
    All team ratings and MMR over 2.2k were reset a while ago. If you factor out 2.2k hunters, their representation comes out to be about 5% in high end arena.

Deleted
    Now I am terrified! Just started to play PvP with my hunter (never really played PvP before), guess I'm never gonna be pro at PvP then.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kharyll View Post
    Hunter is the class that is hardest to master by a large margin. A hunter who truly mastered his class is still very very hard to beat even after all the changes 'n' nerfs, but such hunters are a very very very veeeeery rare breed.
    Now I am terrified! Just started to play PvP with my hunter (never really played PvP before), guess I'm never gonna be pro at PvP then. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Wanjin View Post
    Now I am terrified! Just started to play PvP with my hunter (never really played PvP before), guess I'm never gonna be pro at PvP then. :<
    Or you could break the mold of all the doomsayers in the class, and persevere with it, get really good, and dominate. There is something special about playing an underdog spec, even if it's only perceived as one. I know I still love PvP'ing as an enhance shaman, and have done since TBC, and you dont come more underdog than that.
    RETH