10+ Year Old Account

Question RPG Maker VX Ace

LINK: http://store.steampowered.com/app/220700/

I've always been wondering about these games and have ALWAYS enjoyed making things about them. Has anyone here experimented with the RPG maker series and able to vouch for them or give any insight? $70 is really just something I don't want to regret spending.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to use the older RPG Makers back in 2002. It was fun to try and make a classic FF style RPG. The scripts can be confusing but the communities out there are loads of help.

Pretty much what Buckwald said. though it was always fun to create a fanfic rpg with megaman fighting Sora form KH. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be into them in the past but VX kind of ruined it for me, XP was great but when they changed the tileset capabilities it really destroyed functionality. VX Ace has some improvements over VX 'classic' but it still doesn't quite match the mapping capabilities in XP in my opinion, although if I'd given it more time I could probably have worked around it.

I did pirate it (mainly because I couldn't be bothered waiting for the English version to be released), so I cannot really say if it is worth that much but $70 seems a little steep to me.

I believe there is a demo out there somewhere with limited functionality that you could try out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    I used to be into them in the past but VX kind of ruined it for me, XP was great but when they changed the tileset capabilities it really destroyed functionality. VX Ace has some improvements over VX 'classic' but it still doesn't quite match the mapping capabilities in XP in my opinion, although if I'd given it more time I could probably have worked around it.

I did pirate it (mainly because I couldn't be bothered waiting for the English version to be released), so I cannot really say if it is worth that much but $70 seems a little steep to me.

I believe there is a demo out there somewhere with limited functionality that you could try out.
    yeah been trying to download the lite on steam, but it refuses to work for some reason.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    yeah been trying to download the lite on steam, but it refuses to work for some reason.
    http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download
    Give that a go.

I might give that IG Maker a try myself :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download
    Give that a go.

I might give that IG Maker a try myself :P
    Ty! and yeah that actually looks pretty cool too... really hoping that since the RPG Maker is on steam they integrate it with the steam workshop so there will be infinite amounts to try