Thread: Brawler's Guild

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Brawler's Guild

Was wondering if anyone got any rogue specific tips for some of the more difficult encounters.

I'm currently stuck on dark summoner, and i've tried to mitigate as much of spellcasting dmg as possible (double cloak, smoke bomb, kick if close by and arcane torrent) but i can't get the boss down below 50%, even with blinding the 2nd add that comes out by the time the 1st shield runs out on the boss i'm at around 30% while he is still at around 50.

Any tips ?

And generally what is ilvl / dps needed for the rank 7+ bosses ?

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Was wondering if anyone got any rogue specific tips for some of the more difficult encounters.

I'm currently stuck on dark summoner, and i've tried to mitigate as much of spellcasting dmg as possible (double cloak, smoke bomb, kick if close by and arcane torrent) but i can't get the boss down below 50%, even with blinding the 2nd add that comes out by the time the 1st shield runs out on the boss i'm at around 30% while he is still at around 50.

Any tips ?

And generally what is ilvl / dps needed for the rank 7+ bosses ?
    The way I managed to be Summoner was to go combat spec, use KS as soon as first shield drops cause that's about the only time you'll get to use it. After that I just chased down every ghost that spawned and focused the ghosts with BF on to hit the Summoner. Focus kick the Summoner. Think that was about it aside from the standard "Get full buffs, pre-pot, get a HS" etc. Any of the more healing intensive fights are very very hard for us comparatively since feint/shiv/recoup eat so much of our damage resources.

Edit: Not sure what my dps was in the end but my ilvl was 484-86

Deleted
    also took me quite a while to get him down. The most important thing I had to realize was that the melee range of the ghost is a lot higher than the melee range of the boss (im guessing twice as high?). I got one shot by a ghost several times that hit through the boss without even being that close to me. Often times the ghost wouldnt even make a combat animation, you were just dead.
    So what I did was kill the first ghost immediately and hope the 2nd one doesnt spawn close to you, it helps a lot. Dps the boss. When the next Ghost comes you have to have the following position: <<<<GHOST>>>>SPACE BETWEEN GHOST AND BOSS>>>>BOSS<<<<YOU
    Now you use the light and direct it at the ghost so it stops moving and then you move through the boss, activate blade flurry, move into the space between ghost and boss and dps the Ghost and the boss at the same time. When the ghost goes down deactivate BF and go back to boss dps. Do that with every ghost and try to kick as many as boss spells as possible. You can even kick him when his shield is up.

Use prep to reset defensive cooldowns. Leeching poison to make up for the melee hits of the boss and the occasional spell that comes through. Shadowstep is weak in this fight imo. Remove all talents that have anything to do with stun and replace them with something useful.

As for the 7+ bosses I am currently still working on all of them. Had Manastorm on 1% (buffed). Zenshar at 30% (unbuffed). Maximus at 24% (buffed but played badly) and not even worth mentioning the last one...
    I am on ilvl 495 now and I am sure I can kill manastorm but you need a little spawn luck with the crystals. Dont even try to kill them as a melee, takes too much time. Your only hope is that he spawns 2 crystals close to each other pretty early and sometimes during the fight again so that your stacks go up fast and his stacks will reset at some point during the fight.
    Zenshar is harder to figure out. My only advice is that you definitely need mutilate for the beginning and figure out how the lasers move, theres actually a pattern.
    Maximus is probably the fight that requires the highest gear. The movement in this fight is insane but its doable without stopping to dps him. The spell you need to kick always comes right after the laser ends, easy for rogues. Prep for def cds is important as there will be 3 phases where you need them.

The last boss I dont even know but I guess shadowstep will be king.

Also I recommend mutilate for all the last 4 bosses. You will definitely need all the outside buffs that exist. Remember that auras dont swap over into the arena. So no cat crit buff, no shaman mastery, no hunter ap....
    Stamina buff is almost unnecessary as most abilities simply one shot you.
    Last edited by mmocee3b623cec; 2012-12-11 at 08:03 AM.

How are battletron and meatball ? On my realm / bg it seems that only 13 people have cleared them, which doesn't seem that high.

I'm stuck on Dark Summoner aswell, though I came pretty close with only 477 ilvl and my two blue weapons as combat. (No acces to raids and weapons won't drop for mer in LFR). Guess I just need some better gear.

I recommend using the Glyph of Deadly Momentum for the fight, it resets your SnD and Recup every time you kill a ghost.

How are battletron and meatball ? On my realm / bg it seems that only 13 people have cleared them, which doesn't seem that high.
    Where Dark Summoner is a brick wall for melee, Battletron is a brick wall for ranged as you need to constantly move. Shouldn't be to much of a problem for us as long as you have the dps. (Basing this on what I saw, spent a good amount of time watching others in the arena)

Meatball is much easier compared to the other 2. Here are the stats from my realm

Dark Summoner 735 - 33
    Battletron 352 - 15
    Meatball 12-15
    Last edited by Mikeshort; 2012-12-11 at 09:56 AM.

Deleted
    Meatball is a pushover. Remember the fight in TotC against the 2 valkyres where you had to collect those spheres to get buffed? Its pretty much the same with meatball. I stacked my dmg until 350% and then hit him like a truck. First try. You can tell he is easy simply by looking at his statistics. He is the only rank7 mob that has negative stats meaning he lost more than he won.

Battletron is where I switched from combat to mutilate. There was just so much running and turning that I couldnt do while mashing 2 1 1 1 1 3 1 1 2 1 3 etc. If you have good movement and quick fingers you can still do it as combat but mutilate was much more relaxing due to not having to spam attacks but energypooling. You can reset the mines twice completely using cloak and prep and cloak again. They wont blow up while they spawn so you can stand still during that. You might have to throw in a selfheal or two because he also uses a constant laser beam that hits for 30-40k. I was told you need around 90k dps (buffed) to kill him before he enrages. Not sure if thats true but my guess is you need at least 490 ilvl.

Killed everything as mutilate at 491 ilvl including Milhouse Manastorm. Dark summoner how I did it was as soon as you see him summon another add get on the one up previously. Whenever you are dpsing him down kick his shadowbolt. Might even help to make a kick focus target macro. Also prepot and instead of using an agi pot for the second use a 120k healing potion. The fight is more survivability than dps. Battletron cloak the 1st set of orbs, cloak 3 on the second set, double agi pot, and dps your little heart out. Might have to throw a recuperate in there but do so after your CDs have worn off.

Hmm, while for my realm the data is somewhat different Dark Summoner and Battletron do seem somewhat overtuned.
    I will try and see if momentum plus everything else will help to get summoner to lower percentage, this does make me wonder if i should be getting elusive + glyph of feint + momentum + recuperate

486 ilvl combat rogue and Dark Summoner gave me some issues until I realized that you HAVE to kill the adds basically as they spawn, or youll get overwhelmed.

Start the fight, prepot, kill the first add, KS the boss, when the second add pops, pop AR/SB on it nuke it down and then quickly switch to the boss. Again as soon as an add pops, run over and kill it, the only time an add should be ignored is if you know you can kill him in the remain debuff. It helps if you can pull the boss over next to an add and blade flurry it. He tends to always cast shadowbolt right AFTER spawning an add. but with the damage reduction, 2 cloaks and kicking a couple, dying to his damage shouldnt be the issue.

Currently working on Zen'Shar, a 6.1% wipe and a 4% wipe, >.< FML. All the other bosses seem next to impossible without 500+ ilvl gear.

Deleted
    just killed Millhouse Manastorm

got lucky since I could reset his stacks twice without destroying any crystals. Am the 3rd on my server to do it.

I have brick walled at Battletron. 487 ilvl, I can't keep up the dps needed with the healing required, I think 10% is about as far as I get if I manage to live until enrage, just too much self healing required, maybe with higher ilvl it won't be an issue but stuck at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tavalus View Post
    I have brick walled at Battletron. 487 ilvl, I can't keep up the dps needed with the healing required, I think 10% is about as far as I get if I manage to live until enrage, just too much self healing required, maybe with higher ilvl it won't be an issue but stuck at the moment.
    if you havent already then try this:

remove shadowstep and choose preparation. you can now twice completely remove the mines with your cloak. remember battletrons mines dont hit you while they spawn.
    remove leeching poison and choose elusiveness. mines will now hit you for whooping 16k. granted you have less self heal but you will need less self heal to begin with. I'm actually not completely sure which one is better here but if youre tinkering around anyway you migth give this a shot. I have tried to stand still as a rogue for the whole fight and just use def cooldowns and selfheal and I actually survived. however, I hit the enrage timer pretty badly because most of my energy went into healing/avoiding dmg and not dps.

Deleted
    Just gonna bump this thread up abit..
    Just got my invite yesterday and had alot of fun with it!
    How's it going for everyone?

Just ran out of time yesterday i had to sleep due to work!
    Did 2 tries on milli watt or w/e she's called, but im sure i'll get her down today!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunker View Post
    486 ilvl combat rogue and Dark Summoner gave me some issues until I realized that you HAVE to kill the adds basically as they spawn, or youll get overwhelmed.
    I've had around 489 gear when I killed him as Assa. Didn't kill any adds I didn't need for the debuff. Its a nice fight, but at around 490 ilevel gear not that difficult after a few tries and learning to manage the ghosts and the lantern light.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't see how anyone without full heroic gear could do any of the rank 8 fights as combat. I raid exclusively as combat (unless we start wiping to enrage) and I had to go Assassination to even remotely have a chance on them.

Zen'shar was kind of a cake walk after I figured out you could stand underneath him and almost completely ignore the green lasers, some of them will still cross the middle from time to time.

I'm not sure how I'll ever do Disruptron at this point, but I guess that getting used to the lasers, refining mechanics and a bit of luck with where he wanders it could happen.

Milhouse seems to be pure RNG with the crystal spawns, because I've died to enrage several times at around 2% and each time I had to kill 1 or 2 crystals to help reset his stacks.

EDIT: Well with full raid buffs, 300 food and flask I got Epicus. 105k dps, might've gotten lucky on Blindside procs though.
    Last edited by -Raer-; 2012-12-16 at 09:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those of you who've risen in ranks, how far do you figure a decently skilled Assassination rogue of around 474 iLv rocking blue daggers is going to realistically be able to make it? I found myself getting a little frustrated around the end of rank 4, mostly because I basically one-shot my way to rank 6 on my similarly geared WW monk.

I'd just rather not beat my face against something that's flat-out going to require better gear.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    For those of you who've risen in ranks, how far do you figure a decently skilled Assassination rogue of around 474 iLv rocking blue daggers is going to realistically be able to make it? I found myself getting a little frustrated around the end of rank 4, mostly because I basically one-shot my way to rank 6 on my similarly geared WW monk.

I'd just rather not beat my face against something that's flat-out going to require better gear.
    You can probably get to rank 7, but anything beyond that will be really rough.

rank7+ is a serious dps check for almost all 8 fights. You will almost certainly NEED at least raid finder weapons just to make the timer, and gear of approximately similar level.

I've made it up to Dark Summoner with 478 iLvL and two blue weapons as combat, so I would say you should be able to make it to rank 7 if you have buffs etc.

I heard they fixed GG engineering because people were doing them as resto or tank and now the rockets will be more randomly spread over the area instead of on you all the time. (which you used to hit the other guy, greatly reducing the dps you needed to do yourself).

10+ Year Old Account
    (which you used to hit the other guy, greatly reducing the dps you needed to do yourself).
    This would make sense, I went Sub and stunned the Gnome while dodging the rockets and letting them do all the damage. I did maybe 1.8m overall damage on them.