10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] The Bourne Legacy

Disappointing? It really lacked the WOW from the last 3 =/
    This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ADman319 View Post
    Disappointing? It really lacked the WOW from the last 3 =/
    Well different director, different character,and 3rd sequel what did you expect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Well different director, different character,and 3rd sequel what did you expect.
    Epicknes is it to much to ask from Hollywood that they keep a good series good?
    This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.

Quote Originally Posted by ADman319 View Post
    Epicknes is it to much to ask from Hollywood that they keep a good series good?
    I don't count it as part of the bourne trilogy due to the fact it isn't jason bourne which deprives it of being a bourne movie.

I enjoyed it, even if it was no masterpiece. I dug Renner's fight scenes...his style is different than Bourne's, more vicious. I was disappointed in how the final assassin met his end though, I was kinda hoping for more of a showdown. It was kinda low key compared to the prior two(the first Bourne movie was really good, and the series just built up as it went on) but I guess they kinda wanted to introduce the new character on a smaller scale.

As I have yet to see this movie since it hasn't hit Redbox yet, I can see where the director might be coming from with the "Blackbriar/Treadstone 2.0" agents that are an improvement of what Bourne was, and how the series will be going from here, the fact it says Bourne in the title to me is what made people go all crazy and just overlooked the word "Legacy" which can be interpreted in many ways.

Either way I will most likely enjoy the movie for what it is, an action movie with some suspense moments, and leave it at that.