Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Whos is to blame?

Id love to know, who is to blame for the mess that is pvp? it used to be that lvling bgs were just a gank fest and max lvl pvp was a bit more balanced and fun, but tbh both are the same now.

(Insert class) opens on you, you die if no cds or trink, and you do the same to others, someone must oversee proposed ideas etc before then are implemented, surely blizz has people watching pvp and playing it, not ptr as they are just ignored.

Who is responsable? who is paid for this? who ever it is they want to do the job properly.

Quote Originally Posted by jojomo View Post
    Who is responsable? who is paid for this? who ever it is they want to do the job properly.
    A guy named Mike is responsible for this and paid for it.

So the temptation here is to say 'lurk moar'. What I mean by that is there are dozens of threads discussing pvp, and many many many blue posts referrenced.

Look over the site, the answers are there. Blizz is actually watching pvp, and they've stated they're not happy with burst. They are, however, fine-tuning it rather than using a hammer. It's not quick work, but the result should be better.

WoW PvP has never had a semblance of balance and it never will. Who is to blame for PvP imbalance? The stupid fuck who decided arena and rated battle grounds were a good idea. Seriously PvP in this game was developed as a little fun aside. Something you do for fun between instances and raids. Making a competitive, ranked system in a game that is horrendously imbalanced was the worst idea in WoW history.

Deleted
    [/COLOR]Dont you think Woceip that after all these years they should have some sort of idea by now?
    Last edited by mmocd9499e1535; 2012-12-11 at 12:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    WoW PvP has never had a semblance of balance and it never will. Who is to blame for PvP imbalance? The stupid fuck who decided arena and rated battle grounds were a good idea. Seriously PvP in this game was developed as a little fun aside. Something you do for fun between instances and raids. Making a competitive, ranked system in a game that is horrendously imbalanced was the worst idea in WoW history.
    Thing is, it was better and worse at times then it is now, mostly better though. The burst damage is absurdly high and so is the CC. Yet they keep increasing both of those.

Problem really isn't rated PvP but the way they're aiming mostly at PvE and then balance PvP around it as an afterthought.

I do. In fact I know they have several ideas. However, the problem is there are so many differing factors that go into pvp that until the whole stew goes together, you may not see how two seemingly innocent abilities will interact in a way that causes havoc.

See: Thirst for Blood buffing heroic strike, and then being off the GCD so you could, if you got lucky enough to stack it to 5, pop some cooldowns and then use it at pretty much the same time as mortal strike for huge burst.

Shit like this doesn't turn up until you let the million monkeys on typewriters do their work. As many people use the PTR, a very small percentage actually do anything other than screw around. That sample size usually isn't enough to turn these things up. Especially when some people might not even report it, due to enjoying being OP.

Deleted
    One problem with the ptr is there are so many who play it and cancel their subs or play ptr when no cash to sub, as you know without sub you cant post anything even if you wanted too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    I really don't view it as the worst idea in WoW history. I mean, World of Warcraft is a game. PvE or PvP. People may take one or the other very seriously but in the end it's simply a game that's meant to be fun. As long as players are having fun with a portion of a game, even if it's unbalanced, then how could that ever be a bad thing?

I mean, PvP would honestly lose some of its appeal if there wasn't any rating at all. Half of the fun of PvP (at least for me) is setting up a personal goal and then going out to try to achieve it. Without rating, I wouldn't have a real goal for myself. I'd just be doing PvP to go against other players -- which is fun too, but even if we win, it would mean a lot less to me than if I win and also receive the rating that pushes me closer and closer to my goals.

Yeah, without a doubt, it would be better with more balance -- but I really wouldn't go as far to say that it was the worst idea in WoW; maybe that's just me though.
    Last edited by Syh; 2012-12-11 at 01:37 AM.

I think the problem inherently lies in the solution. Trying to balance 11 classes to be balanced against the other 10 can't work with the complexity and diversity blizzard likes to offer with different classes.

The way to have a better balance is to go with a roshambo (rock - paper - scissors) approach. Each class should be better against 2-3 classes, and weak against 2-3 classes, and the rest somewhat even.

As for the "mess" that is all blizzard's fault (other then then obvious that they actually develop the game). Some of the developer/designers are bias, they will never admit it, but you can tell if you watched over the years which class was popular internally.

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    Look over the site, the answers are there. Blizz is actually watching pvp, and they've stated they're not happy with burst. They are, however, fine-tuning it rather than using a hammer. It's not quick work, but the result should be better.
    And after they take that long slow walk to balance they'll release the next expansion and blow it all up again. They're 4 for 4 on that.

And next expansion, when they go 5 for 5, some dude will write exactly what you just did.

Deleted
    Well GC has a very difficult task in front of him. He must balance all other classes in such a way that they pose no threat to mages but also be able to fight other classes than mages.

Deleted
    Honestly i would like to see arena get removed from this game. Every balance discussion is about arena. "Lol im getting one shot" "Tell your healer to dispell then" = forever unbalanced pvp.

Arena is just a small cage, this is an MMO and arena feels like a free multiplayer game.

Arena should be removed, and world pvp should be buffed and get as much content as pvers because we pay for this game too.

And people saying that pvp is balanced around 3v3. For me it seems that its like 1v1. Only a few specs are viable. Others dont get high ratings. Except one.

Its the same for BGs. 99.9% might hate ele shamans in bgs, but one might be good at it. But theres one flaw: You have to be like 183823831283 times more skilled than a viable spec. Who wants that?

And yeah Ghostcrawler and Kalgan are two to blame. Also the forum moderators for banning people posting thread after thread about the same issue, because, only when you post about 5000 threads of the same subject Blizzard takes some action.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-12-11 at 08:32 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I blame the cute looking pandas rotting our world. Oh, wait a minute... New red bar has ruined pvp and those warlocks too. Yeah, blame them.

I am, sorry about that guys.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure pvp has never been balanced.. so people stop telling that, we've all been there and we've all seen it... move on.

The point here is... MoP PvP, so far, is probably the WORSE PvP we've EVER have in WoW. By far.

The shortest and best way to explain it is to say that every class is overpowered. That might sound as it's great, because if all are OP then all are balanced in the OP level... but no.. as OP told, every class can eat you alive in a few hits... basically pvp takes no brain now, you pop you CD's to blow your enemy cd's, then you use your surv CD'd you can blow him off again. Yes, two times, because now EVERY class can bubble+lay on hands, just different names and looking spells... Also every class healing like mad, that's lame.

I guess things will get much better, just because it has never been so bad that they need to do something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Sure pvp has never been balanced.. so people stop telling that, we've all been there and we've all seen it... move on.

The point here is... MoP PvP, so far, is probably the WORSE PvP we've EVER have in WoW. By far.

The shortest and best way to explain it is to say that every class is overpowered. That might sound as it's great, because if all are OP then all are balanced in the OP level... but no.. as OP told, every class can eat you alive in a few hits... basically pvp takes no brain now, you pop you CD's to blow your enemy cd's, then you use your surv CD'd you can blow him off again. Yes, two times, because now EVERY class can bubble+lay on hands, just different names and looking spells... Also every class healing like mad, that's lame.

I guess things will get much better, just because it has never been so bad that they need to do something.
    Dealing crap damage out of cds and having too many attacks locked in a silence is not fun. This is indeed the worst expansion to date and anyone having hopes should give up, sadly.

You want to know how stupid silence is? Well let me put it like this: Imagine if you have a stone on your backpocket that you would like to put down. Nope you cant do that because someone put a melon in your mouth.

I blame the community.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    I blame the community.
    The community's outrage is an effect, not a cause.

Deleted
    Tom Chilton aka Kalgan

There is a whole team of people working hard on making pvp as unenjoyable and broken as possible with each expansion, sure. But the strings run together in that dudes hands.