Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Athene 'world first' Diablo 3 MP10 Naked run

    http://www.athenelive.com/stream/42146/?athene

    Athene just completed the challenge, naked MP10 Diablo Inferno!

    Congratulations to him!

  2. #2
    I challange him to do it on hard core :P
    - Thanks Axalicious for this awesome sig.

  3. #3
    As much as I dislike this jackass, he's got some pretty amazing skill at video games... sometimes... gratz to him on a super hard fight "naked"...

  4. #4
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    6,214
    *shrugs* Don't look towards Athene, don't like his attitude. He's also had his skype hacked which then proceeded to be the reason Swifty and others had their skype hacked, heh. Well, it was a bug on Skype's system, but it needed the emails and the hacker got that from Athene's skype account.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

  5. #5
    Bloodsail Admiral Huntardicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    *shrugs* Don't look towards Athene, don't like his attitude. He's also had his skype hacked which then proceeded to be the reason Swifty and others had their skype hacked, heh. Well, it was a bug on Skype's system, but it needed the emails and the hacker got that from Athene's skype account.
    His attitude diminishes the significance of his achievement now? That's really swell. Please go on to tell me how great of a gamer you are.

  6. #6
    Pit Lord Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,292
    I'm curious. How did he do it? His stream is currently just his face talking about something, I don't really know what. A video would be quite nice. Then I would feel more comfortable talking about it.


    Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  7. #7
    Pandaren Monk Shalaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    1,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I'm curious. How did he do it? His stream is currently just his face talking about something, I don't really know what. A video would be quite nice. Then I would feel more comfortable talking about it.
    He said that the full kill will be uploaded to youtube ( It took around 2 hours and 30 minutes )

    The tactic was him using sentry guns to dps the boss, marked for death ( i believe thats what its called ) for extra dps and at the start he had rain of vengeance for just some extra dps but he switched it to hungering arrow mid fight. rest of his abilities were preparation smoke screen and vault, switching out vault to shadow power in late phase 2 then switching back to vault a bit later in phase 2.

    The amount of times that smoke screen saved his ass was abnormal
    Last edited by Shalaman; 2012-11-16 at 09:18 PM.
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

  8. #8
    My dh still needs diablo killed, got there in the first two weeks (corpse hoppin) and never went back.

    Nice job on the kill.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I'm curious. How did he do it? His stream is currently just his face talking about something, I don't really know what. A video would be quite nice. Then I would feel more comfortable talking about it.
    Exactly as Shalaman mentioned, Athene will be uploading the full kill to youtube and the tactics was as Shalaman also posted.

    I guess it will be up later under the night or perhaps tomorrow.

  10. #10
    I will admit I can enjoy watching people play videogames streamed over Twitch, but are there really that many people out there that would watch a two and a half video of someone, especially Athene, killing Diablo regardless of wearing gear or not?? I have to say though, I agree with Gehco, don't care for Athene either. It is about the attitude to me, or more importantly, the character of the person which is important. Years ago there was a famous basball player (no need to mention names) that was a big-time homerun hitter. But later after taking a baseball bat to his wife, he was soon forgotten and rightfully so. Yes, the attitude/character can be everything...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    I will admit I can enjoy watching people play videogames streamed over Twitch, but are there really that many people out there that would watch a two and a half video of someone, especially Athene, killing Diablo regardless of wearing gear or not?? I have to say though, I agree with Gehco, don't care for Athene either. It is about the attitude to me, or more importantly, the character of the person which is important. Years ago there was a famous basball player (no need to mention names) that was a big-time homerun hitter. But later after taking a baseball bat to his wife, he was soon forgotten and rightfully so. Yes, the attitude/character can be everything...
    You are comparing Athene's so called "attitude" to a baseball player who took a bat to his wife. First of all, it's called a persona - at least in Athene's case. He loves acting like a troll on the internet, but that doesn't mean his attitude towards life is in any way demeaning. He used his reputation for a great cause and continues to do so, while still entertaining gamers who aren't just jealous of a skilled troll.

  12. #12
    As I mentioned I dislike Athene and think the guy is a jackass. He doesn't do much good for the community in making it better but there are times when he actually does have great skill as a gamer, much better than I have. I am a little boggled how you can compare Athene and the way he acts to a guy who beats his wife with a baseball bat? That is just beyond mind boggling... Moreover, Athene has taking time out of his life to be active in charities and uses his gaming notoriety to help promote those charities, tell us, what things have you done in your life to help others in need?

  13. #13
    So I agree it wasn't the best example, but it doesn't make me want to watch Athene play a naked char for two and a half hours. Sure, you could say he has done stuff for charity, but how do you think he accomplished that? By exploiting others.....and you don't think the baseball player did any charity? Way more than Athene ever did... I'll at least give him that....

    But hey it got you guys talking about something besides Athene.....lol

    Oh and as for what I have done to help others I have spent hundreds of hours volunteering my time working at local schools and churches, have worked on houses for the chrismas in april program, delivered meals for Meals on Wheels, etc. Sure, I haven't raised $1000s of dollars for every charity I have been involved in but still....

    What kills me is that others find guys like Athene entertaining enough to just throw money at him when there are much better ways to put their money to a good use. This knucklehead doesn't only post gaming videos, but tries showing off his workout skills, cooking skills, etc, all of which are fairly terrible to be honest. And his gaming skills? While he might be a better gamer than me (doesn't take much), I'm not that impressed with the skill either. Hell, when he tried interviewing Kripp, he was practically begging Kripp for advice on how to play, like he didn't know what to do himself or more likely was trying to copy his plan, and Kripp seemed pretty bored just talking to him...
    Last edited by yasiru; 2012-11-17 at 03:26 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    So I agree it wasn't the best example, but it doesn't make me want to watch Athene play a naked char for two and a half hours.
    No one wants to, or is going to watch "two and a half hours." It's called time lapse. It more to validate his accomplishment to the rest of the world that has better stuff to do then actually watch his stream for 2.5 hours.

  15. #15
    Why are people even mentioning his attitude ect... What does that even have to do with anything at all. Also how do you people after all these years still not realise its all AN ACT, the Athene persona is fake, he acts like that to show people what they look like talking shit and trolling people online usually in the regular live streams (when there is not some event happening) you can see what his real attitude is like and he is just as normal as any other person.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    he is just as normal as any other person.
    Normal people on the internet? Do you have sources to back up these absurd assertions?
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    What kills me is that others find guys like Athene entertaining enough to just throw money at him when there are much better ways to put their money to a good use. This knucklehead doesn't only post gaming videos, but tries showing off his workout skills, cooking skills, etc, all of which are fairly terrible to be honest. And his gaming skills? While he might be a better gamer than me (doesn't take much), I'm not that impressed with the skill either. Hell, when he tried interviewing Kripp, he was practically begging Kripp for advice on how to play, like he didn't know what to do himself or more likely was trying to copy his plan, and Kripp seemed pretty bored just talking to him...
    I don't think you quite understand the concept of satire. If you don't think it's funny by all means don't watch it but don't for an instant assume Athene is actually anything like Athene. Stop wasting energy on raging against something you don't like and more to the point don't seem to actually understand. I'm pretty embarrassed for you to be honest.....most kids get a grip of things like satire and sarcasm pretty quickly, I'm sad you missed out on it.

    Get some perspective before you start equating a troll on the internet to a wife beater....I mean I don't even know if your being real about this? That dude is a scumbag, you don't piss on him if he's on fire......the fact you can go there.....honestly my mind is completely boggled. Not to mention the aside to him some how being somewhat redeemable or a better human being than some gamer who posts youtube videos.

    Are you autistic? Coz that's what I'm getting....boy oh boy am I dick if you are though hahaha. C'est la vie I guess.

  18. #18
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    You know why I like Athene? It's because he makes some of you very very mad like literally you even write paragraph's about him haha like really that's one of his prime objectives is to make you mad hell I do it well from time to time.

    The more you write about him or even mention him makes him even more famous is the funny part here.

  19. #19
    aren't there achievements for doing these naked? the encounters are designed only throw completely 100% avoidable damage, so grats on that i guess.

    but anyways his mom provided some hilarious commentary throughout the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    The short answer is nope, the long answer is noooooooooooooooope.

  20. #20
    His main objective is to advertise, and create events so that he can make money for charity. I dislike his acting character he plays, but his overall goals makes him a very decent person. Don't be fooled.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •