Deleted

A question about borders/backdrop.

So, i'm working on a new UI and there has always been one thing that drives me crazy while doing this and that is that when i move a unitframe or a KGpanel with a border in the addon's options it looks great at one position but crap at another.
    Example, at Y position 10 the border is equally strong at both the top and bottom but if i change the Y position to 14 the bottom of the border is gone while the top is very strong.
    So, why is it like this? Can something be done about it?
    Here's a pic that shows what i mean ->

Deleted
    Read this thread about pixel perfection:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=31813

Read all of it, Blizzard changed some functionality in the process.

You will get unsharp pixels if either the with or the point of your frame is using unfloored pixel values.

To make it work make sure you floor() all the pixel values you are using for width/height/setpoint.

100.022323333 != 100

Since you are using kgpanels and you are moving/sizing stuff ingame you will get tons on unfloored pixel values.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2012-12-11 at 02:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Read this thread about pixel perfection:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=31813

Read all of it, Blizzard changed some functionality in the process.

You will get unsharp pixels if either the with or the point of your frame is using unfloored pixel values.

To make it work make sure you floor() all the pixel values you are using for width/height/setpoint.

100.022323333 != 100

Since you are using kgpanels and you are moving/sizing stuff ingame you will get tons on unfloored pixel values.
    Yea i knew the thing with KGpanels but how do i do it with lets say stuf unitframes?
    When i move a frame manually or in the settings the Y/X are always 1/10/100 and never 10.0223333.
    Do i just need to paste the quick'n'dirty macro that was in you're link?

Quote Originally Posted by TravisWatson
    /run SetCVar("uiScale", 768/string.match(({GetScreenResolutions()})[GetCurrentResolution()], "%d+x(%d+)"))
    If so, should i change the "768" to "1080" because i'm using 1920x1080.
    Thanks

EDIT, I pasted "/script SetCVar("uiScale", 768/string.match(({GetScreenResolutions()})[GetCurrentResolution()], "%d+x(%d+)"))" in my chat and it doesn't seem to work.
    What happend was that my character tab, spellbook and all those things became huge and looked like crap.
    Last edited by mmocf4ab73a1dd; 2012-12-11 at 03:52 PM.

Is that border a texture or are you making it with backdrops?

I always use backdrops because i find it so much easier getting things sharp and not having to worry about scaling too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Is that border a texture or are you making it with backdrops?

I always use backdrops because i find it so much easier getting things sharp and not having to worry about scaling too much.
    Yep i use backdrop's in stuf.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably open up the SavedVariables file for StUF and double-check the locations it's saving for the frames, and edit them there if need be.