Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anias View Post
    It did when 5.1 went live, it was later fixed.
    It didn't automatically flag you. However, some of the non-PvP flagging guards (i.e. the quest mobs) would randomly and incorrectly summon the actual PvP flagging guards.

Was quite annoyed when playing on a PvE-RP server, unflagged, just doing my dailies, minding my own business, and then I start getting rocked by this NPC guard out of no where which auto flagged me, and then as I was trying to run away to let the flag wear off when I was down around ~50-60k life, some Horde arms warrior saw a free HK and pounced like a true PvP hero.

That is what was fixed.

For those on a PvP server, I have little sympathy, because, dude, you rolled on a fucking PvP server!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did the quest where you visit Silvermoon City to do stuff for Lorthemar. Very interesting these quests you get from Domination Point, I have to admit. I used the Darkmoon 10% more rep buff to get a little extra while that was still going. Also, don't forget to buy the 100% rep item for your account when you hit revered!
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-12-11 at 04:48 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did them once, in a duo, spent more time fighting off horde than doing dalies. Nor do I want to do dalies..so why even bother.

You just can't mix pve and pvp, when people go to do dalies they go to do dalies, not get rushed when they're on 50% fighting off mobs, that's not "world pvp", that's annoying as fuck. I play on a pvp server so it actually feels like a two faction game, not some game where you can't talk to half the people on the server, nor do I mind the odd battle out in the wilds, but just not while I'm "PvE'ing". People are vultures, and oppertunists and I just can't take it, being exploited the second I'm in a bind, and ingored while friends are around and I'm not sub 70%.

Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    Did them once, in a duo, spent more time fighting off horde than doing dalies. Nor do I want to do dalies..so why even bother.

You just can't mix pve and pvp, when people go to do dalies they go to do dalies, not get rushed when they're on 50% fighting off mobs, that's not "world pvp", that's annoying as fuck. I play on a pvp server so it actually feels like a two faction game, not some game where you can't talk to half the people on the server, nor do I mind the odd battle out in the wilds, but just not while I'm "PvE'ing". People are vultures, and oppertunists and I just can't take it, being exploited the second I'm in a bind, and ingored while friends are around and I'm not sub 70%.
    While I understand your frustration this is very much a part of playing on a pvp server. The one point of a pvp server is you don't get to pick your fights out in the world. This can be frustrating but people need to realize there is no 'truce' for daily quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post

It happens, yeah. I play in PvP server too, but most of the time those nasty alliance/horde players you see around are doing their dailies and leave you alone. Been ganked once so far while doing my dailies, and I have 2 characters who are revered. My servers is highly populated too, but it is Horde favored (which I play), but not that much.

Also, you get very lore rich quests every now and then while doing the dailies, if that interests you.
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-12-11 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    they have, with CRZ.

the masses QQ'd, they got thier fix.

now live with it.
    You are partially correct. They have, with CRZ, for NON-PANDARIA zones. So, the so-called "fix" with CRZ does not include Krasarang Wilds where these dailies take place. So, people on the non-overpopulated faction gets fucked in the ass while doing Shieldwall/Domination dailies. Now, if they included the whole area where the whole 5.1 faction stuff is taking place with CRZ, then the unbalanced factions wouldn't really matter at all. But since Krasarang is not included with CRZ, being a zone on Pandaria, unbalanced factions are a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Just did the quest where you visit Silvermoon City to do stuff for Lorthemar. Very interesting these quests you get from Domination Point, I have to admit. I used the Darkmoon 10% more rep buff to get a little extra while that was still going. Also, don't forget to buy the 100% rep item for your account when you hit revered!
    I'd like to add, on top of the 100% / 10% bonus, the same glitch as last year happened where if you didnt open up the anniversary mail / get the gift, you kept it after the anniversary ended (Used it while leveling my hunter yesterday). So that was even more bonus rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    My question is HOW? It shouldn't be possible. I have used every single rep bonus there is and there is no way people could possibly be more than 10k rep ahead. What cheats are they using to get rep so quickly?
    How are people so far along with Shieldwall/Dominance rep & 5.1 questline?
    They play non-stop, almost around the clock. They are usually single college students, or younger, without a lot of major responsibility affording them the extra time to grind rep and get it done. There are people in my guild who have finished Exalted status with all Panda factions and are just now wrapping up the 5.1 content. People play at different speeds for different reasons. Just because someone is faster and more efficient than you does not make them a cheater. They could even be a multiboxer or part of a dedicated team that clears these things as fast as possible. Did you know in a 5 man group, you can do all the Panda dailies for each faction in less than 1 hour? Don't call someone a cheater just because you are less efficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    I'd like to add, on top of the 100% / 10% bonus, the same glitch as last year happened where if you didnt open up the anniversary mail / get the gift, you kept it after the anniversary ended (Used it while leveling my hunter yesterday). So that was even more bonus rep.
    Didn't the anniversary thing only increase the rep from kills only? As in, you only got more Black Prince rep, but not Domination Point/Operation Shieldwall.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=100951

Yeah, only kills. Not quests, so no help on anything but Black Prince rep when it comes to MoP reps.
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-12-11 at 05:28 PM.

I'm just doing LFR this tier (and probably all future tiers), so there's no rush to finish this rep grind.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Just hit revered today. Though to be fair, I'm not a human and completely forgot about the DMF rep thing until a few days ago. >.<

Grand Commendation of the Golden Lotus would like to say hello. Also, grand-commendation-of-the-order-of-the-cloud-serpent, grand-commendation-of-the-shado-pan, and grand-commendation-of-the-august-celestials.

Unlocks 100% rep gain at Revered for all toons on the account... including the one that bought it

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Grand Commendation of the Golden Lotus would like to say hello. Also, grand-commendation-of-the-order-of-the-cloud-serpent, grand-commendation-of-the-shado-pan, and grand-commendation-of-the-august-celestials.

Unlocks 100% rep gain at Revered for all toons on the account... including the one that bought it
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'm a human, have the guild bonus and used the extra buff from the darkmoon faire every day it was available, I bought the grand commendation for even more rep when I reached revered and I have not missed a single set of dailies and I am currently about half way into Revered. There is no possible way that I know of that anyone could be much further ahead than me...
    You could try reading the OP next time it may help.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    You are partially correct. They have, with CRZ, for NON-PANDARIA zones. So, the so-called "fix" with CRZ does not include Krasarang Wilds where these dailies take place. So, people on the non-overpopulated faction gets fucked in the ass while doing Shieldwall/Domination dailies. Now, if they included the whole area where the whole 5.1 faction stuff is taking place with CRZ, then the unbalanced factions wouldn't really matter at all. But since Krasarang is not included with CRZ, being a zone on Pandaria, unbalanced factions are a problem.
    1. Get a friend on a low-pop server via realID
    2. Have them invite you to their group.
    3. You are now on their realm.
    4. Do dailies and profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You could try reading the OP next time it may help.
    Nah. This is more fun. Then I can track down all of the thread pedantics that insist on pointing out the flaws of others. Gold star to you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Caeruleus View Post
    Hozen peace pipe perhaps?
    5.1 is only in its 2nd week now?

and im revered dont really care for exalted atm

At the end of everything on Monday, before the servers went down, my Human Mage was just under 18k/21k Revered. I never used any DMF buff, never used the Anniversary buff. The only thing I did was complete every daily, including the animal arena kill, every day. The only +rep bonuses I have are the grand commendation, the guild perk and my racial. In fact, I think I may have missed the first day's animal arena kill due to ignorance. Had I used the DMF and Anniversary buffs I would be easily Exalted already.

Not sure what OP did except he probably missed a day or two of dailies and just forgot, OR maybe he didn't buy the grand commendation immediately upon hitting Revered.

edit: lol@OP accusing people of cheating...for reputation.... /facepalm. Suck up some humility, realize some players thought even further outside the box than you did, and move on.
    Last edited by abovebeyond; 2012-12-11 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Just hit revered today. Though to be fair, I'm not a human and completely forgot about the DMF rep thing until a few days ago. >.<
    Same here, I was quite angry at myself since I actually wrote it down, but it got buried under paperwork -.-

The 3 rares drop commendations that give you additional rep. Farm the rares, use the rep items = exalted in no time doing the dailies/ quests.

As another person said, chances are you didn't do the animal catching. You get ~1k rep a day for doing the catch the animal quest ,and then another ~300 for beating it.