Hotfixed Quality of Crafted Pets

A couple days ago I contacted Cory Stockton @mumper (Lead Content Designer), via Twitter and questioned if Crafted Pets were intened to have the wide range of quality chance. (Poor - Rare) I mentioned that it was rather harsh after spending a few thousand gold on these pets to get a poor quality version when learned. He agreed and would look into it for 5.2.

He surprised me with such a fast reply and hotfix that no longer will players have to play with RnG and the possibility of getting a poor or common quality pet from professions.

Examples being the Sapphire Cubs

All crated pets will be uncommon or rare!

Yay!
    FREE Gold Making Tips
    13,300,000g+ Made Since January 19, 2012

And not fixing the already crafted/learned pets why...?

From my experience they never do, example being the Darkmoon Hatchlings that were bought before the hotfix. I'm stuck with a uncommon one, but anyone that bought it after the hotfix got rare ones... just how Blizzard does it...
    FREE Gold Making Tips

Maybe you could ask him as a follow-up why that is. Why punish players that were more lucky/faster.

Super sunny ...eh....wet and windy Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    From my experience they never do, example being the Darkmoon Hatchlings that were bought before the hotfix. I'm stuck with a uncommon one, but anyone that bought it after the hotfix got rare ones... just how Blizzard does it...
    I had this issue, had bought one and learned it before the hotfix, so was stuck with an uncommon, i ticketed it, and the GM gave me a flawless critter stone to upgrade it to rare So its worth opening a ticket and explaining

Also hotfixed are the Pandaria pet tamers, you can no longer abandon the quest once you complete it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    I had this issue, had bought one and learned it before the hotfix, so was stuck with an uncommon, i ticketed it, and the GM gave me a flawless critter stone to upgrade it to rare So its worth opening a ticket and explaining

Also hotfixed are the Pandaria pet tamers, you can no longer abandon the quest once you complete it!
    You got a nice GM for sure! I'm not sure all the GM's would do that, but I'll try my luck tonight!
    FREE Gold Making Tips

Super sunny ...eh....wet and windy Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    You got a nice GM for sure! I'm not sure all the GM's would do that, but I'll try my luck tonight!
    Indeed, there are some that wouldn't, I have been rather lucky with my requests/issues, I always seem to get helpful peoples Although I am pretty polite in my tickets, which can help, I've known a few people that are just rude! and never get anything done Goodluck it's worth a try

Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    Maybe you could ask him as a follow-up why that is. Why punish players that were more lucky/faster.
    Asked via twitter, so I'll keep you updated if I get an answer.
    FREE Gold Making Tips

I remember them saying how it would be very difficult to go back and fix everyone's pets once learned, so they don't do it. I did get a critter stone in the mail too after writing a ticket so it's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I remember them saying how it would be very difficult to go back and fix everyone's pets once learned, so they don't do it. I did get a critter stone in the mail too after writing a ticket so it's worth a try.

FREE Gold Making Tips

All Crafted Pets have been upgraded to uncommon and those that were rare were not touched!

Also, darkmoon hatchlings have all been upgraded to rare quality!
    Last edited by Elvine; 2012-12-13 at 07:40 AM.
    FREE Gold Making Tips