Review my New Gaming Built

Hey guys this my 2500 USD build that's my price in my country due to High taxes

Computer :
    I5 3570k
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Gskill 16GB RAM
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD
    Western Digital 2TB
    Zotac Gtx 670 Amp SLI (The only non-reference card i can find for good deal )
    Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2
    Asus Dvd Writer
    NZXT Phantom Crafted
    Coolermaster Hyper 212
    NZXT Red Silent Fan

Monitor :
    Samsung P2770FH 27” Full HD

Microsoft Sidwinder x4
    Razer Death Adder
    Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset
    Creative Inspire T3130
    Logitech HD C270

Things from my Old pc :
    Secondary Monitor samsung 22inch
    1tb WD Green

Usage : Gaming for 5/6 years till it runs to Minimum Requirements.

Thanks

Macwin
    Last edited by nooty; 2012-12-12 at 03:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Overall a good combination. But there is still room for a little bit of fine tuning.

PSU: You could easily go a bit lower on the wattage. 650W or even a good 550W unit would be enough.

Case: Taste is personal, but i really don't like the Phantom. I would look more into something like Fractal R4, Corsair 600D or similar.

RAM: 8GB would be enough for some time, but as RAM is dirt cheap, why not get the 16GB... ;-)

Monitor: This really depends on how far away you sit from the screen. But if you are anything closer than 75cm, i would advise against a 27" 1080p monitor. For this smaller distances, i would recommend a good 23-24" tft, maybe even one with IPS panel.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    Overall a good combination. But there is still room for a little bit of fine tuning.

PSU: You could easily go a bit lower on the wattage. 650W or even a good 550W unit would be enough.

Case: Taste is personal, but i really don't like the Phantom. I would look more into something like Fractal R4, Corsair 600D or similar.

RAM: 8GB would be enough for some time, but as RAM is dirt cheap, why not get the 16GB... ;-)

Monitor: This really depends on how far away you sit from the screen. But if you are anything closer than 75cm, i would advise against a 27" 1080p monitor. For this smaller distances, i would recommend a good 23-24" tft, maybe even one with IPS panel.
    PSU : wanted room to go SLI in future.

Case : I love Nzxt case and will be going for Red one

Ram : Ya i know 8gb won't be even used and 16 gb is out of question but its so cheap why not grab it

Monitor : Ya i would like to get some user feed back if anyone has it playing at 1080p.

That is the same build as everyone else has, so yes, I assume it to be good. I know it is good.

Don't buy the TX from corsair, drop 100W and go HX or AX, the quality is much much better and cable management will be ten times easier. 650 is enough for SLI

I wouldn't buy the Zotac card, I would rather go for ASUS, MSI or GIGABYTE. But that's of course 100% up to you.

Although the ASRock MB is a good card, I would personally get one of the top MB's as they look better, perform better and let's you clock better. Once again, my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Don't buy the TX from corsair, drop 100W and go HX or AX, the quality is much much better and cable management will be ten times easier. 650 is enough for SLI
    Corsair also sells semi-modular TX PSUs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nooty View Post

Monitor : Ya i would like to get some user feed back if anyone has it playing at 1080p.
    Im running a 27 inch 1080p screen. And i can tell you, its not as bad as people would make you believe. Im not pixel counting or stuff like that.
    That said, i have no experience with a 24 inch 1080p screen. But i can imagine on a 24 inch things would look a bit sharper.

That is the same build as everyone else has, so yes, I assume it to be good. I know it is good.

I wouldn't buy the Zotac card, I would rather go for ASUS, MSI or GIGABYTE. But that's of course 100% up to you.

Although the ASRock MB is a good card, I would personally get one of the top MB's as they look better, perform better and let's you clock better. Once again, my personal opinion.
    Was checking out tom's hardware 750 should be enough from Tx to handle and i got full tower cabinet so easy to tie the cables .

Zotac fastest gtx 670 out there and in my country zotac has great customer support with 5 year warranty .

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Im running a 27 inch 1080p screen. And i can tell you, its not as bad as people would make you believe. Im not pixel counting or stuff like that.
    That said, i have no experience with a 24 inch 1080p screen. But i can imagine on a 24 inch things would look a bit sharper.
    Ya bigger the better
    Last edited by nooty; 2012-12-11 at 12:24 PM.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157296

Looks pretty good and lots of people have tested and proven them to be a great board.

Was checking out tom's hardware 750 should be enough from Tx to handle and i got full tower cabinet so easy to tie the cables .

Zotac fastest gtx 670 out there and in my country zotac has great customer support with 5 year warranty .

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 12:28 PM ----------

Ya bigger the better

5 Year warranty sounds good. In my experience though, Zotac cards can run quite hot and sometimes the cooler is defect. This is only in my experience though, but when I have seen it on 9 cards and 6 of them being Zotac x70 or 465, I stop trusting. 2 others were reference coolers (3870x2 and 4870). This doesn't mean that Zotac doesn't have quality cards of course, but for me they have wasted their chance of ever selling me a gpu. I would rather clock a card from MSI, ASUS or GIGABYTE to achieve the same as the amp card.

The 750 is enough for SLI and considering your other parts a 650W would cover this too. The reason I say rather go for HX or AX is explained in this review http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/505 , I know it isn't anandtech or tom's hardware, but as a PC builder I can second their notion on cable management.
    And to everyone who doesn't think it matters: It really, really does matter if you have good cable management or not. Dust will gather up more easily if the cable management is bad and the chance of dangerously high temperatures or even fire will dramatically increase.

As for the screen, I am running a 1080p 27" atm and it will get changed to a screen with 1440p or higher. It can be troublesome not to get annoyed by "low resolution" in certain games. (crysis 2, AC3, BF3) But I would still choose a 27" 1080p to a 24" 1080p any day.

TL;DR

Switch your PSU to a HX650 or a AX650, it is sufficient to run 2 670 in SLI and your cable management will be 200 times better.

5 Year warranty sounds good. In my experience though, Zotac cards can run quite hot and sometimes the cooler is defect. This is only in my experience though, but when I have seen it on 9 cards and 6 of them being Zotac x70 or 465, I stop trusting. 2 others were reference coolers (3870x2 and 4870). This doesn't mean that Zotac doesn't have quality cards of course, but for me they have wasted their chance of ever selling me a gpu. I would rather clock a card from MSI, ASUS or GIGABYTE to achieve the same as the amp card.

The 750 is enough for SLI and considering your other parts a 650W would cover this too. The reason I say rather go for HX or AX is explained in this review http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/505 , I know it isn't anandtech or tom's hardware, but as a PC builder I can second their notion on cable management.
    And to everyone who doesn't think it matters: It really, really does matter if you have good cable management or not. Dust will gather up more easily if the cable management is bad and the chance of dangerously high temperatures or even fire will dramatically increase.

As for the screen, I am running a 1080p 27" atm and it will get changed to a screen with 1440p or higher. It can be troublesome not to get annoyed by "low resolution" in certain games. (crysis 2, AC3, BF3) But I would still choose a 27" 1080p to a 24" 1080p any day.

TL;DR

Switch your PSU to a HX650 or a AX650, it is sufficient to run 2 670 in SLI and your cable management will be 200 times better.
    So far user feed back i got from all players max gpu temp on load is going 65C which is nice .

Ok i will go like u say i will be getting HX650 650W .

I belive 27inch is 1080 cap anything above one should go for 1440p another thing is bigger resolution u go more frames drops and u need more GPU power like SLI etc..

Overall thanks for feed back will post my screen shot when Beast Arrives

Cheers

at 1440p the 670 should still perform well in a single card setup. Any higher than that and I would go for an AMD card.

i5 3570k vs i7 3770k

Hey guys ,

I have done research i know for gaming i5 3570k and i7 3770k both make very little difference .

I got extra 100 Dollars for my new setup should i go for 3770k or better Motherboard .

I might do animation in future .

My full built is here : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...w-Gaming-Built

Thanks

macwin

Deleted
    Hey guys ,

I have done research i know for gaming i5 3570k and i7 3770k both make very little difference .

I got extra 100 Dollars for my new setup should i go for 3770k or better Motherboard .

I might do animation in future .

My full built is here : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...w-Gaming-Built

Thanks

macwin
    You _might_ do animation? that's kind of the point here. Iiic, only in multi/hyperthreading lies the advantage of the i7, but I'm not an expert there atm (because my 2500K is running smoothly).

Personally I would invest the difference in a better aftermarket heatsink (and a quality mobo, but I guess z77 extreme you have in the list is fine) and OC the i5.
    About the heatsink, in a $2.5k PC, I'd go for a Noctua nh-D14 instead of the coolermaster.

Deleted
    if you are going to overclock you cpu, i think you have to disable HT for better stability,which is only real difference except for few MHz more for i7
    correct me if im wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    You _might_ do animation? that's kind of the point here. Iiic, only in multi/hyperthreading lies the advantage of the i7, but I'm not an expert there atm (because my 2500K is running smoothly).

Personally I would invest the difference in a better aftermarket heatsink (and a quality mobo, but I guess z77 extreme you have in the list is fine) and OC the i5.
    About the heatsink, in a $2.5k PC, I'd go for a Noctua nh-D14 instead of the coolermaster.

How much clocks should i aim for on i5 3570k is 4.5 ghz would be sufficient stable with no heat issue ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciqa View Post
    if you are going to overclock you cpu, i think you have to disable HT for better stability,which is only real difference except for few MHz more for i7
    correct me if im wrong
    not really, you may get 100Mhz more by disabling hyperthreading, but thats if you're lucky, most of the time it makes no difference

OP, the 3570k is the best choice, the HT on the 3770k can save a few seconds on some application renders, but not much, if you are serious about rendering and 3d animating, you need to look into stepping up to x79 and a 3930K cpu, along with a workstation gpu and a parallel compute coprocessor

Deleted
    How much clocks should i aim for on i5 3570k is 4.5 ghz would be sufficient stable with no heat issue ?
    If it's comparable in any way to its sandy bridge predecessor in that matter, with a good heatsink (e.g. the one I proposed) 4.3-4.5 should be easily possible, but I haven't looked into OCing the ivy bridges very much - maybe someone could give more insight here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    If it's comparable in any way to its sandy bridge predecessor in that matter, with a good heatsink (e.g. the one I proposed) 4.3-4.5 should be easily possible, but I haven't looked into OCing the ivy bridges very much - maybe someone could give more insight here.
    they have a bit more trouble with heat when you are close to the high point, unlike sandy where you reach a point where adding voltage no longer increases stability, ivy has a heat wall where adding a bit more voltage increases heat beyond what heatsinks and water are capable of dispersing

in theory with active cooling such as a phase changer or LN2/DICE you can clock higher than sandy, but for practical daily clocks it's a bit lower on average

but, this all depends on bin quality of the chip you receive, however, 4.4-4.6 is not out of the ordinary or unattainable for most chips, but you cant guarantee a 4.5 clock for every chip

Got some more cash for new built :

I am going Zotac gtx 670 amp sli 2x ( No better card available in my country )
    i5 3570k
    Gskill 16GB RAM
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    Western Digital 2TB
    Corsair HX 650
    Coolermaster Hyper 212
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    NZXT Phantom Crafted

I am worried will 2gb enough for 4-5 years at 1080p but got sli setup .
    And 650 PSU good quality enough to overclock both GPU + CPU and powerup fans of Phantom Crafter case and HDD's