10+ Year Old Account

Item Level Upgrades

What item did you upgrade first?

I'm tempted to boost my Relic of Xuen but I'm not sure if that would be a wise choice over one of my 489 Daggers? Especially If in the next couple of weeks I just replace them with heroic versions and or the Spiritsever from ToEs.

What to do?
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

upgrade relic for sure man

Well, it only takes 1.5 weeks to get enough valor to fully upgrade something, so don't think of it as a lifelong commitment. You are going to get the best bang for your buck by upgrading your MH weapon. I'd save it for a heroic piece, but I don't see any H kills on your armory yet? How close are you to killing Lei Shi? Do you save your extra rolls for her? It took me 7 weeks + extra rolls of H SG kills before I got the dagger, so don't think of it was something that is' guaranteed to happen soon

Are you capped on valor? If you think you're going to get a shot at H SG next week, for example, maybe you just halfway upgrade your trinket or you weapon, just so you don't cap out on valor, and save it for possible drops next week. If nothing drops next week, upgrade the rest of the way? Even if the dagger dropped from Lei Shi or H SG, you would still use the upgraded one as your OH, which isnt a huge DPS upgrade, but it wouldn't be totally wasted.

Trinket is going to be BiS for normal raiders by a long shot.

However, MH weapon damage is your biggest single contributor to dps increases. If you have a weapon you won't be replacing for a while, upgrade it.

My personal rule of thumb is to upgrade no more than I have generated VP that week. So...one upgrade a week, except I upgraded my H 7S dagger to 510 the first week.

My approach: weapons are top priority, after that the armor/accessories I expect to be using longer (example, any normal mode gear over any lfr gear, and late-boss normal mode over early boss normal mode, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Weapons are your biggest immediate upgrade, followed by trinkets.

I pumped mine into LFR spiritsever and those 8 ilevels worth of DPS were a fantastic upgrade.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    No heroic kills yet, will be (probably) getting H Stone Guards within the next couple of weeks, and Lei Shi next week in our 25 man.

I went with the trinket upgrade, now sitting at zero valor >.< Can't do dailies for the life of me and LFRs are killing me, sigh :'(

I was contemplating sticking it on one of my daggers, but with upgrades around the corner I figured I'd hold off.
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."