1. #1
    Dreadlord Cludo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    781

    Is there going to be a Christmas themed map/skins this year?

    Can't help but notice there is no snow on the ground yet! (In game)

    Anyone know if they will be bringing back the Christmas themed stuff this year? If so when?!

  2. #2
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    Can't help but notice there is no snow on the ground yet! (In game)

    Anyone know if they will be bringing back the Christmas themed stuff this year? If so when?!
    Skins: Yes, they are on the PBE. Map: Hopefully, but it doesn't look like it right now.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  3. #3
    Dreadlord Cludo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Map: Hopefully, but it doesn't look like it right now.
    Noo! I have such awesome memories from last years map, Really hope it comes back!

  4. #4
    Immortal Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    7,709
    No map. That effort was put into the TT remake.

  5. #5
    I'm really hoping for the classic winter map. I always loved playing on it.

  6. #6
    Dreadlord Cludo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I'm really hoping for the classic winter map. I always loved playing on it.
    Me too, It can't be too hard for them to dust off the old' map and throw it back out there. Can it?

  7. #7
    Pandaren Monk Eis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    Me too, It can't be too hard for them to dust off the old' map and throw it back out there. Can it?
    The problem is that they updated Summoner's Rift and the old winter map uses the old skin. So it'd be a revert in graphic quality, which is a bad idea. Plus the recent change to the ledge near Baron/Dragon. So no, the old one won't work. And a new one would require a time investment they're not really able to do, so unfortunately, nothing this year. Next year should be fucking sweet though with their new higher standard for art.

  8. #8
    Pandaren Monk Sinndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,926
    they have used wintry summoners rift each year so far. so i fully expect them to with the upcoming Snowdown Showdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

  9. #9
    Dreadlord Cludo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    The problem is that they updated Summoner's Rift and the old winter map uses the old skin. So it'd be a revert in graphic quality, which is a bad idea. Plus the recent change to the ledge near Baron/Dragon. So no, the old one won't work. And a new one would require a time investment they're not really able to do, so unfortunately, nothing this year. Next year should be fucking sweet though with their new higher standard for art.
    You bring up many valid points, all I can do now is hope Riot do some crazy sheit and bring one out anyway. Although my hope's aren't too high :P

  10. #10
    Immortal Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    7,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    they have used wintry summoners rift each year so far. so i fully expect them to with the upcoming Snowdown Showdown.
    Not going to happen. They said so several times.

    1) There's a new SR map
    2) Time spent on new TT map meant no resources for Winter Map
    3) Winter Map has issues already with readability, due to colour contrast/ground particles. They don't want to return it before that fix that.

  11. #11
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Not going to happen. They said so several times.

    1) There's a new SR map
    2) Time spent on new TT map meant no resources for Winter Map
    3) Winter Map has issues already with readability, due to colour contrast/ground particles. They don't want to return it before that fix that.
    Actually, #2 was the excuse for no Halloween map. They haven't flat out said there won't be a new winter map. However, we haven't seen one by now and all the christmas stuff is on the PBE, so I doubt it's coming.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  12. #12
    I hope so. I was disappointed when we didn't get the halloweeny Summoners rift map with the music and everything. That's what captured me into playing again last year.
    WoW PvP; Where DPS are healers, tanks are DPS, and healers are tanks!

    RETH RETH RETH!

  13. #13
    Is that the one that was WAY too bright?

    ugh

  14. #14
    promo.leagueoflegends(.)com/snowdown-showdown/en.html YUP

  15. #15
    Dreadlord Rickz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by Nommeh View Post
    Made it clickable.

    Looks good!

    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz | Intel 120GB SSD | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | ASUS GTX670-DCUII
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 | Corsair H100 | Corsair HX650W | Corsair 500R| Dual 23" IPS Monitors| Razer Deathadder | Gigabyte Aivia Osmium

  16. #16
    Feel free to make me a gift if you want the icon, I'd like Lee Sin or Draven, thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •