Thread: If we would...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    Not sure how many did, but some did. Does it matter? People cleared normals in 5 man hc gear.
    It matters......

I can say "people walked on the moon; anyone can do it!" This will not be true.... like you said people cleared normals in 5 man hc, anyone can do it. Not anyone can do this... a very few did it.
    That's why I asked, since you brought this up, how many guilds cleared it in 5 man hc gear?

Deleted
    Maybe they should remove loot from all raids not just raid finder.
    Loot can come from farming trash mobs or random vendors. Raiding is only for achievements and content!
    fun

Deleted
    But won't the people running LFR see that they get to see content, then prepare to raid normals. I don't say to join a hardcore guild and go pro 5 times a week, maybe a casual guild raiding 1-2 days per week clearing normal modes and progress at their own pace?

People should be inspired to move beyond LFR.
    Awwww...this thread again./sigh

Yes,its for the loot.This is not counter strike,this is a RPG and character progression is a key part of the design of a RPG since the pencil and paper.Nothing to be ashamed of ....."I do it for the lootz".Normal,LFR,Heroic.....damn,if Blizzard were to put epics in the botton of the south seas you would see thousands of characters swimming for hours and reins of poseidus would cost 1 milllion gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't raid anymore because the times I play are convenient for me, most raiders don't raid at the time I'm playing, you could say look for a late night guild, but then what? What if I don't feel like raiding? I'll do LFR because I can pick and choose when I want to raid. I want to have my WoW time all to myself and not have commitments. I did it in Wrath with a top realm guild and that was enough commitment for me.

LFR is where I'll be sticking to and if they remove loot then so be it, but I won't understand why when the argument "You just want to see content, not loot so loot shouldn't drop" is used but same can be said when you throw it at Norm and HC raids. People want gear, aside from the challenge itself, they always will, much like LFR without the difficulty added.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-12-11 at 09:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But won't the people running LFR see that they get to see content, then prepare to raid normals. I don't say to join a hardcore guild and go pro 5 times a week, maybe a casual guild raiding 1-2 days per week clearing normal modes and progress at their own pace?

Maybe there are adults that play for enjoyment and dont have set schedules that allow 'raiding' in your sense. Maybe, Blizzard is trying to appeal to MORE people, instead of catering to the <20 crowd that sit at home living off their parents and spending their parent's money to play Wow.

Now I have a question for YOU, Would YOU do normal or heroic raids if they didn't drop anything, and if you could never have higher gear than say um.. 463?

And you are right, people should be inspired. Perhaps, something will inspire you to think beyond your own selfish agenda which is detrimental to the game, and be inspired to support things that attract more people to the game, and perhaps you might be inspired to realize that more players equals more dollars for Blizzard to spend on development for yes, you guessed it, more content
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2012-12-11 at 09:45 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    People would be pissed as they should be. It's ridiculous that people feel they have a right to dictate who qualifies for gear and who doesn't. People need to stop worrying about everyone else and keep their concerns on their own shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Maybe there are adults that play for enjoyment and dont have set schedules that allow 'raiding' in your sense. Maybe, Blizzard is trying to appeal to MORE people, instead of catering to the <20 crowd that sit at home living off their parents and spending their parent's money to play Wow.

Now I have a question for YOU, Would YOU do normal or heroic raids if they didn't drop anything, and if you could never have higher gear than say um.. 463?
    I would not do normal/HCs raids if they didnt drop loot, but you cannot honestly call LFR raiding.

I would not do normal/HCs raids if they didnt drop loot, but you cannot honestly call LFR raiding.
    So the question was never about whether they needed loot if they got to see the content. It obviously was that you don't feel people in LFR 'deserve' loot in your opinion and you were either looking to stir people up or for people to agree with you.

To answer your question: I'd run it once to see the encounters and get a general feel for the instance, then i'd probably never run it again.

I'm not in an raiding guild that has great progress, so I appreciated the opportunity to go in on LFR and see the whole place, long before I got in there on normal / heroic mode.

I most certainly continue to run LFR for the gear, and if that was no longer an option, I wouldn't revisit it.

Can someone please explain to me as to how LFR-players impact on the game for the people who are complaining about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    If loot in LFR would be removed. What do you think the communitys reaction would be?

Raid finder is there to let people who don't have the time to see raids, but in some peoples eyes it should not drop loot. I think we can all say safely 95% of the people who run LFR do it for the gear and don't give a rats ass about seeing the content itself.

If loot was removed, and Blizzards statement would be "It's there to let you see content, not use as a loot pinata"

What would be the communitys reaction?
    Discuss.
    Just like this thread, the answers will probably be similar.

Also, like Dars said in the above thread, someone would bound to be mad. All I have to say about the whole idea is... do you seriously need to ask what the community's reaction would be? I doubt the horrendous outcry from the vocal community would be anything short of expected. (whoah deja'vu, gotta read through that thread and see if I said roughly the same thing)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    Awwww...this thread again./sigh

Yes,its for the loot.This is not counter strike,this is a RPG and character progression is a key part of the design of a RPG since the pencil and paper.Nothing to be ashamed of ....."I do it for the lootz".Normal,LFR,Heroic.....damn,if Blizzard were to put epics in the botton of the south seas you would see thousands of characters swimming for hours and reins of poseidus would cost 1 milllion gold.
    and the classes that could breath underwater unassisted would kings, and the OP would probably be upset at the cost of Enduring breath potions.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 03:52 AM ----------

If you would NOT then why are you suggesting that LFR not have loot?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Akkarin View Post
    To answer your question: I'd run it once to see the encounters and get a general feel for the instance, then i'd probably never run it again.

I'm not in an raiding guild that has great progress, so I appreciated the opportunity to go in on LFR and see the whole place, long before I got in there on normal / heroic mode.

I most certainly continue to run LFR for the gear, and if that was no longer an option, I wouldn't revisit it.
    Thank you.

Only reply so far relating to the point of the thread.

Deleted
    Perhaps you aren't aware, people in LFR are the vast majority of the 'raiders'... its those dollars that they invest in Warcraft that ALLOW the development of raids, the content you so preciously covet. Do you truly think that if LFR didn't exist that you'd have 5 raids and 16 bosses to kill in MOP? If you do, then you are delusional.
    If that how it is then I guess TBC was one huge delusion when it followed Vanilla model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you.

Only reply so far relating to the point of the thread.
    Mad that people aren't playing along with your little mindgame, except for that dude?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I would then suggest ALL loot from ALL raids be removed... While I'm at it, I'd also suggest all valor points be removed from all raids as well...

if you are intent on cockblocking folks from trying to get better, I think you should be as well...

Good day
    I think his point is, the argument that LFR sucks because of the RNG being really bad for some people (going 6+ weeks and not getting anything from LFR or chrams) and the GM's/Blues response is along the lines of "it's not there for loot, i'm sorry you're having bad luck with drops but the purpose of LFR is to see the content" kind of reaction.

If that is truely the case, removing loot from LFR would have little or no impact on people doing it.

But we clearly know that people run LFR for gear. Not the content.

Challenge modes are a pretty good example of what happens when loot isn't involved. Ppl might do it for titles, pets or achievements after that almost nobody would do it again.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    If that how it is then I guess TBC was one huge delusion when it followed Vanilla model.
    Think about this logically for a moment or two. More subscribers equals more income. Yes? More income means more available resources for development. Yes? If they are trying to attract folks to a certain 'feature' they develop it more. Yes?

It is logical and reasonable that they want more subscribers... so they are producing more content... if you stiffle the subscriber growth, then you are cutting your income stream then you WONT HAVE MORE CONTENT.

15+ Year Old Account
    New topic...if I kicked some guy in the crotch, what would his reaction be? Would he be angry? Discuss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    I think his point is, the argument that LFR sucks because of the RNG being really bad for some people (going 6+ weeks and not getting anything from LFR or chrams) and the GM's/Blues response is along the lines of "it's not there for loot, i'm sorry you're having bad luck with drops but the purpose of LFR is to see the content" kind of reaction.

If that is truely the case, removing loot from LFR would have little or no impact on people doing it.

But we clearly know that people run LFR for gear. Not the content.
    Actually, I dont see that in OP's comments, I see OP as wanting to strip the loot out of LFR so he can feel more special.

^^^ This isn't someone complaining about LFR's RNG, this is someone wanting to feel more special than someone else.