Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    you can buy t3 on BMAH so therefor we should remove nax 3.0 and get back the lvl 60 one?
    you can get the legendary staff on BMAH. even more reason for lvl60 naxx then

your logic fails
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

There are some things that do NOT belong in the bmah and the black and plagued proto drake (along with the original zg mounts and the original Amani War Bear for example) are abso-fucking-lutely some of those things.

I'm talking about mounts, not T3 gear, as someone will surely bring up. The gear you could farm at level 70 so that isn't a big deal.

They took those mounts out of the game with no way to get them and it should continue to be that way. Period.

No rich person should be given special privledges because either 1) they didn't play in wotlk and/or 2) they weren't good enough at the time to complete the meta.

I sat idle for the bmah at the start but now this shits getting ridiculous.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-12-11 at 11:54 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that it would be fine if they brought back the protodrakes and title rewards if in order to get them you had to enter a version of Naxx that scaled you down to 80 and your gear down to Naxx ilvl in order to achieve them.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    There are some things that do NOT belong in the bmah and the black and plagued proto drake (along with the original zg mounts and the original Amani War Bear for example) are abso-fucking-lutely some of those things.

I'm talking about mounts, not T3 gear, as someone will surely bring up. The gear you could farm at level 70 so that isn't a big deal.

They took those mounts out of the game with no way to get them and it should continue to be that way. Period.

No rich person should be given special privledges because either 1) they didn't play in wotlk and/or 2) they weren't good enough at the time to complete the meta.

I sat idle for the bmah at the start but now this shits getting ridiculous.
    look the amount of people with enough gold to buy these mounts outside of backwater servers are around the same amount of people who are hardcore realm first raiders

those people cause problems for the games economy so giving them something to get rid of all their disposable income is good.

im sorry you want some people to be special snowflakes but the majority of those people have already left the game and they dont cause problems for the economy people with big wallets do. blizzard has literally nothing to lose by putting those mounts on the bmah but plenty of problems down the road if these people keep walking arund with that much gold all the time
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

In before Aquamarine Qiraji Battle-Tank shows up on the BMAH and the shitstorm that follows.

Seriously, "limited availability, never to be gotten again!" really isn't something you can just go back on.

Whoever thinks that Black proto is somewhat cool isn't really a special snowflake, they are just butthurt about their only achievement in the game. Naxx was probably the easiest content, Immortal wasn't that hard even. All the other achievements were pretty much trash. There's plenty stuff more prestigious than some old ass ugly looking mount. It always boggled me how people stick to some old 'prestige' junk while there's plenty currently prestigious stuff: e.g. Fearless title or current Glory mount.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

I can't earn a mount anymore and I'm so ungrateful that I refuse to earn the gold to buy it, I deserve this purely cosmetic item that in no way impacts my gameplay because I say I do. I'm also painfully aware that I was not good enough to get it the first time so I'll divert attention away from this by using the Special Snowflake "argument" (read: fallacy) and throw that in your face until you give me what I want.

Jesus. Why do people care about getting mounts they couldn't earn legitimately? I couldn't get these mounts, I accept that, I think it's really awesome others did and get to have something special to show for it.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2012-12-11 at 01:52 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I would really like to have both of them returned to the meta... It would be 2 more mounts to the count.

That said, I think they are really ugly... Specially compared to the newer mounts. I would not use them even if I had acquired them back in the day. For me, looks > special snowflake.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    but I AM a special snowflake!.... The mounts you cry over are all a dime a dozen on my server. Personally I chose a mount based on aesthetics and not achievements. I do not have some of these mounts, but I had decided not to obtain them at the time updated Naxx was being done. I did get most of the achieves.. and all on some toons, but I am not keeping track cause it's dumb. I liked old Naxx better anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I don't see how a mount going once in a blue moon on the BMAH is the same as allowing 2 people to go in and lolraid Naxx10 or 25 for a mount they didn't put any effort into earning.
    i put the effort into mine i just missed 2 achieves be4 they were removed, denying the scion and gona go be4 the volcano blows, denying was impossible as a r shammy

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Eh no. Sartharion 3D 10 man was one of the hardest fights in WotLK when the mount was still attainable. You needed a little bit more than just showing up.
    Or a warlock with a pet or dk tank. Not even mentioning that the encounter was adjusted well ahead of the removal of the drake.

I have one of those mounts from when it was current content. I don't give a damn if someone buys it off the BMAH. I like the concept of the BMAH, buying items that aren't obtainable through "legit" means. It fits the theme well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I can't earn a mount anymore and I'm so ungrateful that I refuse to earn the gold to buy it, I deserve this purely cosmetic item that in no way impacts my gameplay because I say I do. I'm also painfully aware that I was not good enough to get it the first time so I'll divert attention away from this by using the Special Snowflake "argument" (read: fallacy) and throw that in your face until you give me what I want.

Jesus. Why do people care about getting mounts they couldn't earn legitimately? I couldn't get these mounts, I accept that, I think it's really awesome others did and get to have something special to show for it.
    Why do you think folks weren't good enough to complete it when Naxx from Wrath was considered by many to be the easiest raiding experience in all of wow if it was being pugged out of the gate? My argument was that I wasn't even playing at the time. I have no problems with things being kept out of the game if they were removed for sensible reasons, I don't clamor for Atiesh, I don't whine about Scarab Lord (because it's pretty clearly once per server that was around during Vanilla) and even the ZG mounts are fine because they were from a different, past instance of the ZG we have now, and those have their own mounts similar to the old ones.

If they had kept removing meta achievement mounts like they said they were going to do, this would be a non-issue because they'd have kept the mounts for the best of the best, that would've been their purpose. But they decided to change that idea and keep the mounts for the best of the best while they're current, and as time goes on, all of the people who've been salivating for those mounts slowly get a chance to get it.

Again, you're assuming I'm a bad player when my guild was server first t11 Heroic for every boss, a tier far more difficult than t7 was. I simply wasn't playing back then. As I said, if they'd gone back and kept their original model for Glory meta mounts, I wouldn't care. But going back on it and executing the current model for it (the best players get them now to show the more casual folks what they might be able to look forward to) makes everyone ask the question, why keep the original Glory mounts out of the meta? "Well, we said those mounts would never be available again, and we don't want to harm the players who worked very hard to get theirs by ruining the value and prestige those mounts bring."

Well that argument flies out the window immediately with them being available on the Black Market Auction House. Guess what? It's not hard to earn gold, just time-consuming, something most sane folks honestly don't care about, especially if they're already blowing a lot of time raiding. Money earns many things in WoW, some expensive-ass mounts from Engineering/JC, some mounts and pets that have very low drop chances, the token TCG mounts that sometimes pop up on the Auction House, etc.

No where in there should be anything that's taken out of the game for a reason, an obsolete reason, mind you, but a reason nonetheless. To be honest, I'm a strongly against the original Naxx tier gear being in there, even if it was easier to farm for in TBC. Because it's a relic of the past, like Corrupted Ashbringer, like the Black Battle Tank. You have two sets of lookalike gear available as t7 gear, and even a couple other options available from dungeon and pvp sets that bear a resemblance to original Naxx gear.

I'm getting off base here, but the point I'm trying to make is I could offer my little brother 20 bucks to get me at gold cap over a weekend. $50 if he'll get it for me on multiple toons over 20 days. This is not money that's difficult to earn. I'm not saying that making gold isn't time-consuming, because it is, but it's time you could spend with your brain turned off as you make your rounds gathering enough herbs/ore to fill a thousand slots of bag space and spinning it towards other ventures with crafting professions. Making gold is time consuming, but time-consuming=/=hard, especially with Mists throwing so many new options for gold-making towards you. This in no way translates to the effort and coordination of raiding. If they're going to make an exception for the super-rich as gold sinks, then already you're opening the floodgates by offering what was previously deemed unobtainable anymore.

Money shouldn't buy everything in WoW, and if they're going to go back on keeping the drakes exclusive for the folks who did the content (a model that lasted all of one tier) why in god's name would they not go back on them being rewarded by achievements. The BMAH should be an alternative to getting things that are already there for folks that aren't as lucky/skilled as the folks who got A'lar, Invincible, or the Brawlers' Guild pass, ALL things that are still available for folks willing to put in the time to farm for themselves. Put the drakes back in the damn metas if you're going to put them back into the game at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Blizz needs to figure out which direction they are taking the game period. Originally they took the drakes out because they didn't want them to become..common . Fast forward 3/4 years (i forget when wrath was launched) and now well lets make them a gold sink , but it isn't only with mounts it's everything . The game itself is diluted version of what it was. Once mounts actually did have some ..prestige behind them; however those days are long long gone. They went the same way server communities did . Now anyone can have anything ...for the right price. The biggest issue WoW has at the moment is the generation clash. It's trying to cater to 2 maybe 3 generations that all have their own ideas regard what a game should and shouldn't be.
    But yea regarding the mount they should be done thru the achiv again AND the BMAH.

Man, having one of the mounts mentioned in this thread before they became like cars in the real world (so widely available to everyone on the BMAH everyday, apparently even though Blizzard said only a small portion of the people who play this game have over 50K gold) must have been like being the first person on a high pop server with the Serpent mount in MoP, just constant whispers asking where I got it from, how I got it, what I had to do to get it

All I'm curious about is the lack of consistency between the PvE and PvP rewards. PvP rewards generally remain extremely prestigious while the PvE rewards are eventually available to all. It comes off as a quite weird design.

Deleted
    I really doubt they will make this change - retrospective decisions like this don't tend to go down too well.

The policy about keeping achievement mounts in after the next tier was released was made in Ulduar and it's been that way since. I agree it is very strange that the mount is on the BMAH, but the mounts will still be very rare since they won't likely be on there all that often on an individual server.

If they did add this achievement back in, then having the mount on the BMAH would be completely redundant as people would just be stomping their way through naxx for the mounts... which I'd say this goes against their intention of putting the mount on the black market to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    1 person - 1 million people, there's really no difference in my eyes.., there's plenty of things blizzard could have done as goldsinks for people who do nothing but play the ah, without destroying the value of past items and mounts that people invested a good or great deal of effort =/= time to obtain.

On the other hand, I can't say that I'm surprised that everything eventually shows up on the BmaH, and I won't be surprised the day the option to buy or sell for real currency is implemented.

OP, your opening statement to your post, double facepalm!
    And the people who worked for months, possibly years to amass 999,999 gold that they are using to buy the mount on the AH didn't work just as hard as the people who spent a couple weeks, if that, running a dungeon?

I have to say I consider a mount meta achieve much easier to obtain than gold cap. A good group in good gear can probably do it in a matter of a run or two depending on the achieve requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    And the people who worked for months, possibly years to amass 999,999 gold that they are using to buy the mount on the AH didn't work just as hard as the people who spent a couple weeks, if that, running a dungeon?

I have to say I consider a mount meta achieve much easier to obtain than gold cap. A good group in good gear can probably do it in a matter of a run or two depending on the achieve requirements.
    And yet other Glory mounts like the Rusted Proto Drake are being put into the BMAH anyway, despite already being in a very easy meta achievement. Very little of what's on the Black Market AH is on there because it's no longer attainable. The Brawler's Guild invitations and the mounts that are still in the game (meta mounts and % drops like Invincible) are there for convenience with those who have enough money to circumvent the normal time-consuming process of running dungeons and raids for a chance at mounts. It's merely another option.
    Last edited by Lancun; 2012-12-11 at 08:28 PM.

so someone saw a plagued proto drake on the bmah for 999,999g and everyone thinks the sky is falling ?