Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

For the FPS fans, I recomend for your attention...

...a game that is (in my opinion) probably the best MMOFPS out there. It's actually challenging, and while a lot of people will tell you that this-or-that class is too powerful (usually the one they don't play), i find that in this game, teamwork actually trumphs everything. Work together and you win. And better yet, unlike almost every other FPS, there is not an insane overabundance on sniper players in this game.
    The developers are active and engaged with the community (arranging tournaments among other I hear -I have not participated myself, but apparently they are great fun!) and there are more updates on the way all the time these days. Just yesterday new models were unveiled, and they are pretty awesome! The game got some bad reviews when it first launched, but trust me, it is almost perfect now! The only thing needed is more players, so we can fill up even more servers!

So, if you like to blast / burn / trap / chainsaw or just plain shoot dinosaurs to pieces , or if you like to munch / trample / poison / claw or drop humans to their deaths, I wholeheartedly recomend:

Primal Carnage

And just to wet your appetite, isn't this a beauty?

EDIT: As a lot of people seem to mistake what I said ("(in my opinion) probably the best FPS out there.") for a claim that it is OBJECTIVELY the best MMOFPS, I just want to clarify: This post is to tip others about a game that I SUBJECTIVELY think is the best MMOFPS out there (provided you like the setting), I make no claim that it is the best based on entirely objective criteria. After all, I enjoy it enormously, so I'm clearly biased!

10+ Year Old Account

Humans are underpowered..... If you could play it with friends over vent and giving oders then you would pwn the enemy team.

Animations and balance stil need fixing.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    It's a fresh breath to the genre but not really gamechanging, unfortunally

i find this game interesting..and im hella picky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post

Humans are underpowered..... If you could play it with friends over vent and giving oders then you would pwn the enemy team.

Animations and balance stil need fixing.
    Yes and no...I win about 60-40 Dinos-Humans, but a good team of humans, who work together in a good location, is very, VERY hard to beat.
    Overall, I'd say the balance is pretty good and getting better all the time. The animations are the best I've seen in any Dino game, so not sure what you refer to there...

Why play this if you have Natural Selection (2)?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

I dunno man, Orion Dino Beatdown is gunning for Title of the year...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Why play this if you have Natural Selection (2)?
    Because it's better? Subjectively, of course.

I very much doubt this is the best FPS out there currently. It seems like you would get bored after spending 50 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I very much doubt this is the best FPS out there currently. It seems like you would get bored after spending 50 hours.
    Well, that's why I said it was in my opinion...you are welcome to disagree, but compared to almost every other online FPS I've ever played, it's great! All I can do is to recomend you try it out, it's well worth it ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks clunky and awkward, and like everything else, I'd need to try it first.

Unfortunately, if this is multiplayer only, it'll be dead in a few months, just like most games before it.

There's a game just like this on Steam called Orion: Dino Horde, it plays/controls alright, it is a tad clunky, but it's still 'ok'. IT controls/plays better than most games that attempt to do something like this, it also uses the Unreal 2 engine.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    It's a fresh breath to the genre but not really gamechanging, unfortunally
    Fresh breath? Its basically Left 4 Dead with different skins/objectives lol

Still, it is probably better than CoD #12390835798

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Looks clunky and awkward, and like everything else, I'd need to try it first.

Unfortunately, if this is multiplayer only, it'll be dead in a few months, just like most games before it.

There's a game just like this on Steam called Orion: Dino Horde, it plays/controls alright, it is a tad clunky, but it's still 'ok'. IT controls/plays better than most games that attempt to do something like this, it also uses the Unreal 2 engine.
    I find Primal Carnage neither clunky nor awkward, but I do indeed recomend you try it yourself.
    It IS multiplayer (singleplayer game from the same developers is on the way), but the population's been stable for months, so it is showing no signs of dying off. As for Orion, I have it, I've played it, and it is utter crap compared to Primal Carnage. If you want clunky and and awkward with bad animations, that's the game you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    Fresh breath? Its basically Left 4 Dead with different skins/objectives lol

Still, it is probably better than CoD #12390835798
    ...I really don't see any resemblance to L4D myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Far from the "best" FPS out there, there are only probably 5 games which suit that title. It's different, new, but nothing amazing.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suprm View Post
    Far from the "best" FPS out there, there are only probably 5 games which suit that title. It's different, new, but nothing amazing.
    Again, that's why I said it was in my opinion, subjective in other words. I was not intending to claim that it was objectively the best MMOFPS out there. I guess I have to edit my intial post to make it clear...

I dislike these types of games. It's hard enough to get people on a team to cooperate when you're all on the same team. Almost impossible with short respawns and everyone just zerging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Again, that's why I said it was in my opinion, subjective in other words. I was not intending to claim that it was objectively the best MMOFPS out there. I guess I have to edit my intial post to make it clear...
    Likewise, I feel the same way but opposite, merely just my own opinion It's not exactly competitive FPS or seem very graphically advanced, clunky as someone previously stated is a fairsay. Iv installed it and only played it for about 30 minutes before I ''parked it in the trash icon''.

To me a "best" game has combination of fantastic gameplay features as well as fairly good graphical capabilities.

However, it is up to you, the player to try it out and take your own stance on this game, however not my cup of tea due to not being the type of an FPS game I usually play/like.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2013-10-14 at 05:22 PM.
    -K

It's Left 4 Dead with dinosaurs. I too was hyped up for this game until I actually tried it. Nothing special really. It's fun at first but grows dull very fast. Like with L4D.

I would prefer to stay in Planetside 2...

ewwww this game looks teri-bad. Sorry not for me
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.