Best partner in 2v2 for a ret pally ?

Hey guys, I just started doing arenas with my friend and we're doing good but I wonder what could be better than 2 ret pally. My friend told me that frost mages are good teammates but I teamed with one before and it was kinda horrible.

Do you guys know what would be the best partner ?

Deleted
    I play with a ret frequently on my hunter and it works really nice.

I play with a ret on my demo lock and it works wonders.

Deleted
    I would go with SP if I would go ret again on my paladin. Complement each other quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazookaberit View Post
    I would go with SP if I would go ret again on my paladin. Complement each other quite well.
    Well I did arenas this week with a shadow priest to try it out but. Idk if it's because he sucks but we were doing not so good. At the end of the week we had like 8-6

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbystick View Post
    Well I did arenas this week with a shadow priest to try it out but. Idk if it's because he sucks but we were doing not so good. At the end of the week we had like 8-6
    Maybe it isn't him? Anyway, ret/spriest is a solid comp, ret/rogue works well also, ret/hunter

Generally speaking if you're playing double dps you need to have some decent coordination between CCs and burst. IMO it takes more skill getting to a high rating as double dps than healer/dps.

i've played ret/dk for a long time, it still works quite well, but you fill find yourself heal spamming and keeping the dk up a lot more then you would have to with a feral or warrior.

ret/mage is surprisingly effective, particularly as you can line up FoJ/deep easily in 2s. i wouldn't go with spriest. the ret can't peel as effectively as other melee to give the priest enough space to cast and get any meaningful pressure going, but the mutual support of the two specs would make games go on for forever.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

feral alll day. uber cc dmg mobility and you both get bubble
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Deleted
    Tbh any hybrid will work fine, I play ret/bm 2v2, its really good but we are both 2200exp player and we play at 1800 mmr so really don't know if it is the comp or the teams we fight are just not that good.

Pros - this comp can easily reset the fight, has really good healz and great burst. We win 90% of the games if we can survive until the other team blows some major defensive cd, eg. bob, tree form etc. Easiest comps are those with healers, we just have tons of cc.

Cons - if we get blade's age arena with a dot team its auto loose.

On the other hand I can see comps like ret/spriest, ret/eshaman, ret/feral, ret/boomkin working really well even after the nerf of hybrid healing, the problem with those types of comps is that the game would be to outlast the opposite team and therefore they are extremely gear dependable.

Deleted
    Ret + warr,frost DK, spriest, feral, hunter, resto shammy, ench shammy, rogue.

ret + any viable dps

its about players when you talking about the ret paladin setups , not the classes

10+ Year Old Account
    feral druid, for sure, he gets bubble from symbiosis.

go holy this season and roll with a warrior

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    go holy this season and roll with a warrior
    I'm kinda a casual WoW gamer and I don't really wish to get all the healer equipment. But thanks for the advice anyway