Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are Jade Panthers a good source of profit ?

I just learned the first 2 Jade panther recipes and I was wondering if it was a good way to make money out of my JC and if any of you know how much time it would take for them to sell. On my server they sell for around 23 to 25k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just depends on a server-to-server basis and also how you're making them. On my server right now (US-Illidan), I've noticed that there's not a lot of room for profit if you buy the mats for a craftable and try to sell it; in this case it's making Pandaria Darkmoon Cards. However, on my previous server (US-Dragonblight) I made loads of profit just buying mats, milling, making and selling cards because the profit margin was pretty large.

If you farm the mats yourself, you're going to see a very nice gain, but you'll spend time farming all of the mats so it may take a bit to see anything from it. If you buy the mats from the AH and do it that way, you'll see a smaller gain but a quicker rate of profit.

Just check the price of the mats on the AH and see how much you can make per panther. Make one and tread the waters by throwing it up on the AH and just see how long it takes for it to sell. If you have to keep dropping the price, it probably won't be worth it.

Okay thanks, I guess I'll give it a try. Do you know any good way to make profit out of jewelcrafting other than pospecting and jade panthers ?

15+ Year Old Account
    From my experience only if you get a free orb from blingtron. People seem to be undercutting even though they're not making profit anymore. Even if you farm the mats yourself, there's still more gold in it for you if you sell the mats instead. But this ofcourse is different on every realm.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbystick View Post
    I just learned the first 2 Jade panther recipes and I was wondering if it was a good way to make money out of my JC and if any of you know how much time it would take for them to sell. On my server they sell for around 23 to 25k.
    27-30K worth of mats..
    23-25K sell price..

Make your own judgement..

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    From my experience only if you get a free orb from blingtron. People seem to be undercutting even though they're not making profit anymore. Even if you farm the mats yourself, there's still more gold in it for you if you sell the mats instead. But this ofcourse is different on every realm.
    Oh, I didnt know that blingtron gave the orb for the jewel panther. I'll go check the drop rate right away.

The drop rate will be insanely low. I wouldn't count on anything from the blingtron.

If you're looking to make money off of JCing, cutting the primordial rubies and vermilion onyx's make a decent amount. If you have an alchemist handy you could use them to transmute the meta gems for you and cut those. Most of my profit from JCing comes from these three sources.

Deleted
    Panthers are a loss because everyone can make them. The mats are easy to get and expensive. What delanath said is pretty standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    The drop rate will be insanely low. I wouldn't count on anything from the blingtron.

If you're looking to make money off of JCing, cutting the primordial rubies and vermilion onyx's make a decent amount. If you have an alchemist handy you could use them to transmute the meta gems for you and cut those. Most of my profit from JCing comes from these three sources.
    I would try that but in my server the uncut gems are way more expensive than the cut ones. I usually just buy alot of ghost iron ore and prospect for a while then sell everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't sold one yet but my server's AH is flooded with them right now, so I can't imagine they will make much money since they will have to lower the markup and aggressive undercutting to even sell them.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbystick View Post
    I would try that but in my server the uncut gems are way more expensive than the cut ones. I usually just buy alot of ghost iron ore and prospect for a while then sell everything.
    Buying uncut gems and selling cut ones is almost always loss of money in most servers. I suggest you sell the necklaces and panther cubs. If you have an alchemist guildie or friend, have him transmute primal diamonds for you and cut them. The DPS ones always sell very quickly.

If you have a ton of green quality gems, you can scout the AH and see which ones are in demand, and then go make perfect cuts. Those sell very well too.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Buying uncut gems and selling cut ones is almost always loss of money in most servers. I suggest you sell the necklaces and panther cubs. If you have an alchemist guildie or friend, have him transmute primal diamonds for you and cut them. The DPS ones always sell very quickly.

If you have a ton of green quality gems, you can scout the AH and see which ones are in demand, and then go make perfect cuts. Those sell very well too.
    Thanks, ill give it a try

At the beginning and end of an expansion JC really sucks for profits. I mostly use mine now to supply my own gems which saves me money. Saving me money is just as good as making money because the less I spend the more I keep, but I don't use it as my main money maker either.

AT the end of Cata I made money making PVP rings and necklaces.

Things to consider;

AT the beginning of an expansion there is not a lot of gear that has gem slots on it, if it does have gem slots it has one and a headpiece will have 2 slots. (meta gem + reg gem). Lazy people wont gem up unless it is valor gear or lfr/raid gear. Ore is also in low demand, causing its and gem prices to be low.

End of Expansion; Gear will have typically 2-3 slots in it. After 3 months most people will have all the gear they want which means for the next 4-6 months they won't need gems because they already have bis (even if it's just lfr bis) and if they are actually still doing stuff to get gear they are doing it for transmog and won't gem it. The gemming industry takes a dump here, but pvp rings and necklaces still make a decent profit.

Don't expect JC to make you a lot of money. Use it to save you money and keep your characters gemmed out for free. With alchemy proccing extra gems you can make jems like candy, I even supply several of my guild members with free gems in exchange for free enchantments.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I made a red one, cost me 20k to make, I tried selling it in the AH for 32k for a week, thats below avrage on my server, no luck. 28k no luck, 24k no luck. I still have it in my bank. And the red one is ugly, looks like I take a big loss or use it as a bank slot holding device.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzilla View Post
    I made a red one, cost me 20k to make, I tried selling it in the AH for 32k for a week, thats below avrage on my server, no luck. 28k no luck, 24k no luck. I still have it in my bank. And the red one is ugly, looks like I take a big loss or use it as a bank slot holding device.
    You should just advertise in trade that you are selling Panthers and when you get someone that wants a Panther you craft one, otherwise you might end up with a mount in your bank for the rest of the expansion.

Seems like a tough way to make money quick. Especially on small servers..

no it's not a good source of profit.

Deleted
    No, same with the Chopper there's not a huge amount of profit in them.

15+ Year Old Account
    High cost to make, low net profit profit, slow turn around time. You'd make more money mining copper.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Anymore it seems like just about everyone knows every recipe so when someone wants something pricy crafted they just have a guildie/friend do it for free instead of paying the markup. Hell even my scrubbo alts have maxed professions with most of their respective recipes.