Deleted

Shadow in 10 man heroic

hey since our shadow is last in dmg at most of the bosses I was wondering, if this is his fault during to rotation fails or something like that, or just shadow being weak in 10m heroic raiding

our DD setup is
    frost dk, arms, windwalker
    ele, mage, lock, hunter, shadow

and I don't think that it should be, that on nearly every progress boss the shadow is SB because of the dmg being low

since this is my first post, I'm not allowed to post any links so

Eu- german - Azshara - Madness
    thx so far

Our Spriest is top DPS in our 10H raid by a good chunk. AFAIK Spriests are in a pretty good place right now.

Deleted
    The only shadow priest I can see on your logs is Yaneas, who scored a world ranking on Wind Lord... is that who you mean?

Deleted
    that's who I mean, and yeah I know he even did a good rank at both windlord and bladelord, but as I said at multi target bosses he's good and mostly on top, but he just simply can't keep up with the other dd's at single target bosses, sadly we didn't logg sundays vizior try outs, don't know why -.-

not to mention that he is one of the best geared dds in our raid

Shadow is pretty good from what I've noticed. Our shadow priest is usually pretty decent on the DPS meters.

So if yours appears low, either the rest of your raid is REALLY good, or they're slacking. Latter being the more likely. But I haven't bothered to find your logs, so hey.

Shadow priests are more about utility (Mass dispells are great for half the encounters in there) than anything else right now. Their damage is good on multi target, but in the same boat as hunters on singletarget, prior to serpent sting buff - they can compete with the mid-tables, but they have to work for it, and won't be on top.
    Luckily, most of the tier is either benefitting from the mass dispell, or a multitarget boss. The only bosses that does not fall into those two categories would be Feng, Vizier, Bladelord, and Lei Shi. Maybe shekzeer, I guess.

Single target, especially heavy movement fights like H-Vizier, will be shadow's worst fights. If he's regularly on top on multi-target fights, that's fine. But on heavy movement shadow only has SW:P spam, and MS procs if he's lucky. Oh, and worthless apparitions. I don't think it's too much of an issue.

Being a shadowpriest my self and from what i can gather looking at your logs is DPS is a bit under the expectations with that gear level, i have 478 ilevel and i do around 60-65k in gara'jal while he is doing 80k but keep in mind its gonna be situational since a lot of factors contribute for a loss of dps

Shadow Priests will do for 10-man heroic content right now, but their damage is definitely not top notch. The multitude of raid utilities they bring, however, is a completely different story and is reason enough to bring an SP.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's probably using the incorrect talents. I haven't looked at any logs yet, but on single target stuff he should generally do FDCL and DI. Gear is also a big factor, if he doesn't have set bonuses and others do, he'll be significantly behind.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 11:23 AM ----------

Yeah - so Twist of Fate increases their damage when the boss is below 20%, that's sort of on you if you are singling him out based on numerous wipes before spending time under 20%. I'm assuming this is related to Vizier wipes...

But in general - I'd still use FDCL and DI on that. Just because it's more consistent damage throughout. But in the end, ToF might be just as good, and it would allow his halos to heal for ridiculous amounts in the final phase.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Urielbeaupre View Post
    Being a shadowpriest my self and from what i can gather looking at your logs is DPS is a bit under the expectations with that gear level, i have 478 ilevel and i do around 60-65k in gara'jal while he is doing 80k but keep in mind its gonna be situational since a lot of factors contribute for a loss of dps
    Logs from garajal are useless because of phasing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Utility, utility, utility.

As long as your spriest isn't completely falling off the charts...you're OK.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.