10+ Year Old Account

PvE Based Multiplayer Game? Non Sub/Dungeon Crawler.

Since quitting WoW a few months back, I've been craving WoW type PvE content, Such as raids or 5 man heroics!
    Whats a game that could possibly fulfill this need? I want 2+ person PvE gameplay without it being an MMORPG or any subscription fee game.

Don't suggest TF2 (Mann Vs Machine), Torchlight 2, Diablo 3 I have them, While its fun its not as fulfilling for this craving.
    I'm tired of the PvP skill based games i currently do own and want to mix it up a little.
    Last edited by Cludo; 2012-12-11 at 03:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    none of them offer the mindless/time demanding/people demanding/gear demanding without having a sub, that's the whole point of having a sub.
    Could be D&D Online but you still have to pay for gated content.

You want raiding and dungeon running without being an MMORPG?

So you basically want like... an FPS or some other genre non-RPG genre that also has a raiding & dungeons?

I think you are out of luck or asking your question poorly.

Deleted
    Not convinced you're going to find what you're looking for but I can recommend Borderlands 2 for a co-op multiplayer game. I don't think anything is going to be a replacement for WoW raiding without being an MMO though.

Deleted
    Was just about to suggest BL2 also. Some of the 'Invincible' bosses in the DLC's require right proper strategy and properly specced characters, particularly a Siren healer.

You should also consider GW2 (even though it's an MMORPG, albeit one without a subscription) as it is easy for you to forget there are other people around you as all the Open World content takes place without the need for grouping up (yo are automatically 'grouped up') and you never have to fight against someone for gathering nodes or have to tag mobs for exp/loot. A lot of the things that are really annoying about being 'forced' to play with other people are avoidable/written out of GW2 so you can play solo or with RL friends without having to interact too much with the larger population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jinna, keep in mind he said he wanted a raid, gw2 is not meant for raiding mentality, nor gear threadmills (you can argue ascended gear, up to a certain point it is), and from my point of view gw2 PvE is kinda weak, the last dungeon (fractals of the mist) reflects a sort-of bad design based on linear progressión (level difficulty) that ends up splitting the community.

Deleted
    Well I knew that raids were totally out, but perhaps the 5-man heroics are possible in GW2. And getting the necessary gear is easy in GW2, the hard part is the skins for uber looks. GW2 is, for me, a great casual experience, that eases my craving for old WoW, but true, it'll never be a substitute for heroic raids.

I did just think of another game that the OP might be interested in looking at, if they want 2+ player PvE challenges

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/...operative+Play

But I don't know how suitable it is for him/her.

Honestly, I can't think of a single game that fits that description. The closes I can come up with are some lobby based action MMO's where all the content is short dungeons/raid bosses. The dungeons/bosses aren't anything like what you are used to in WoW ect. though, so they don't really think they would fit the bill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I must go back to MMORPGs then, Just NOT WoW. Thinking maybe Rift? But not 100% yet.
    Thanks for the input people.

I have played GW2, Quite alot I was a Beta tester and racked up quite alot of hours. But playing from Australia and relying on dodging/rolling to avoid attacks (With 300+ ping) made me too frustrating especially in PvP.

Currently playing BL2 with 2 other friends, Although they can't play that often. We probably play once every 2 weeks. And I dislike playing Soloplay (for any game)

Rift is a super solid choice if you're looking to run a lot of dungeons/raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Rift is a super solid choice if you're looking to run a lot of dungeons/raids.
    Rift is dead, it was at the moment they decided to allow server tranfers. Every Guild was disrupded, no more Communities, less players and just 1 Server with normal population... Rift is dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Talice View Post
    Rift is dead, it was at the moment they decided to allow server tranfers. Every Guild was disrupded, no more Communities, less players and just 1 Server with normal population... Rift is dead...
    For a dead game, zone events at 60 are sure populated as all hell and there are a lot people out and about in the different zones.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talice View Post
    Not sure what you view as "normal population" but there are a few High pop, Med pop, and Low pop servers, just like every other game.
    I will admit that playing on a low population server there aren't a lot of people in the low level zones, but there are always a ton running around during the high level zone events.
    I just picked Rift back up again after quitting WoW a month and a half ago, and I was kind of shocked at how much the game had evolved over the past year or so. It is so far a pretty awesome experience; far better than it was when I had quit it initially and went back to WoW. Only thing I am kind of having issues with is finding where I fit in, but that is all me, and not the game.

To the OP: Like edgecrusherO0 said, Rift is a very solid alternative to WoW IMO. It is the best around if you are looking for that Dungeon/Raid experience you miss. Have you considered The Secret World? It just went B2P with a cosmetic cash shop. Haven't tried it personally, but I have heard a lot of people say that they liked it when they played. Granted it is also a MMO, but the things you are looking for really don't exist (as far as I know) in any genre outside of MMOs.