Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiore View Post
    Are you daft?

    The inferno blast change is a buff. It used to affect 2 nearby targets with our dots, now it does 3. Totaling 4 targets now instead of 3.

    4 > 3

    Also fwiw, if you are trying to help down 10 target adds, change up your bomb to Frost Bomb. Ya ignite spread is still limited but this helps.
    Forgive me for not noticing that they had nerfed it to 2 targets when it was 5 at release and back in cata before inferno blast we had infinite spreading... So it's another minor buff after a huge nerf, praise the blizzard gods? It still doesn't change the fact that there is a huge disparity between aoe capabilities that is far more important than these minor changes.

  2. #22
    Nobody is praising blizzard gods bro....ur a day late dollar short with the crying about it being a minor buff, where do u need to do more AoE besides trash ?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by phuzi0n View Post
    Forgive me for not noticing that they had nerfed it to 2 targets when it was 5 at release and back in cata before inferno blast we had infinite spreading... So it's another minor buff after a huge nerf, praise the blizzard gods? It still doesn't change the fact that there is a huge disparity between aoe capabilities that is far more important than these minor changes.
    I just tire of the knee jerk post crying when we've had target limits for awhile now, including long before the original nerf. Having your facts that wrong from the get go just make you look like an uninformed whiner. If you play fire as you seem to indicate, you would most assuredly have known about the target limit by now and if you didn't, it invalidates your opinion imo.

    My take (as a fire mage who IS paying attention and forming my own opinions based on my own raiding and experience with the changes) is that they are "fixing" us in the wrong way. The CM boost is negligible but whatever, but the fights we still excel at (Garalon, Amber Shaper, Wind Lord, Empress, Stone Guard, etc) were already due to dot spreading, adding another target to that only makes us better at something we are the best at, but that isn't the problem. We lag in single target. The combustion change hurt this hugely, instead of adding more cleave (which phuzi0n is really the only person I've seen butt hurt by this) they just needed to boost fireball, pyroblast damage or coeffs a bit. I like critting more because it makes the rotation more dynamic, so I'd rather CM was left at 1.5 and have reduction on some of the abilities to balance, in either case this hotfix is puzzling, it's just the wrong fix.

    TLR: To fix the overnerf they added cleave which wasn't our problem to begin with. Please look at single target damage blizz!
    Last edited by Kiore; 2012-12-11 at 04:39 PM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by StayFresh View Post
    Nobody is praising blizzard gods bro....ur a day late dollar short with the crying about it being a minor buff, where do u need to do more AoE besides trash ?
    Wind Lord Mel'jarak and Grand Empress Shek'zeer have large aoe phases.

    Garalon, The Stone Guard, and Amber-Shaper Un'sok are heavily cleave favored.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by StayFresh View Post
    Nobody is praising blizzard gods bro....ur a day late dollar short with the crying about it being a minor buff, where do u need to do more AoE besides trash ?
    I'm guessing you're talking about dungeon bosses based on your post. The saurok boss in Mogu'shan Palace is good for cleaving.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiore View Post
    I just tire of the knee jerk post crying when we've had target limits for awhile now, including long before the original nerf. Having your facts that wrong from the get go just make you look like an uninformed whiner. If you play fire as you seem to indicate, you would most assuredly have known about the target limit by now and if you didn't, it invalidates your opinion imo.
    I play many classes and yes I overlooked that it was a minor buff after a long series of nerfs to fire but please explain how that completely invalidates my opinion that there is a huge disparity between forms of aoe? Do you think it's fair that certain classes/specs do 2-10x as much damage as others depending on the number of mobs? On my rogue I have to constantly switch between Assassination and Combat because Ass has huge poison dmg for ~5+ mob aoe but Combat has huge cleave damage, but at least I have the option. On my mage fire spec is good at pretty much everything that matters (it only lacks in massive uncap aoe) so I don't really care too much about minor changes, I'm just sick of so many changes that are hard to keep track of. On my other classes sometimes there's just nothing I can do and have to put up with whatever aoe limits it has.

  7. #27
    "Talent/Glyph + D.Journal taint bug is starting to drive me nuts. Reload UI 2-3 times to use stuff Bliz pushed as key features?
    Taint bugs are almost certainly caused by mods trying to access stuff they shouldn't."

    I have had this happen with zero add-ons turned on. It seemed worse in Cata for me though. My glyphs were always effed up.

    Inspect bug did stop once I turned off add-ons, however. Thank goodness.
    Last edited by TheSweetness; 2012-12-11 at 05:23 PM. Reason: wrong word

  8. #28
    this tier is not the hardest, its ridiculous. Method just trying to make themselves look better.

    Tier 11 was. And Ragnaros was harder than Sha of Fear.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    this tier is not the hardest, its ridiculous. Method just trying to make themselves look better.

    Tier 11 was. And Ragnaros was harder than Sha of Fear.
    Ragnaros was the end boss of the second tier of raiding of the last expansion while Sha is the end boss of the first tier of this one...terrible comparison. Also, if a guild that's fully cleared it says it's quite difficult, then I'd probably side with their argument over someone who I can't verify.

  10. #30
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    this tier is not the hardest, its ridiculous. Method just trying to make themselves look better.

    Tier 11 was. And Ragnaros was harder than Sha of Fear.
    So what guild are you in?
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  11. #31
    For alliance players at least, the Taming Kalimdor achievement is no longer required to earn the Taming Azeroth meta-achievement.

  12. #32
    High Overlord shalnath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    146
    You mean to tell us the whole reason guilds are only taking weeks instead of months to clear the latest content is because the players have gotten better since the game launched?

    Who'da thunk.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by gibborim View Post
    Seems pretty silly to try and invalidate the rest of the tier progress with a single kill, don't you think?
    check wowprogress the so called "kings" got what? two out of 16 world firsts, im not telling its bad, its an impressive work to get kills early but seriously not "king of tier" worthy
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2012-12-11 at 10:17 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    check wowprogress the so called "kings" got what? two out of 16 world firsts, im not telling its bad, its an impressive work to get kills early but seriously not "king of tier" worthy
    They were the fastest guild to kill Sha of Fear on heroic in the 25 man setting. It's been explained, move past the topic.

  15. #35
    Um, why does it say they are the king of tier 14? Paragon did it first o.O

  16. #36
    yeah, I'm confused aswell Ferrouswheel.
    Paragon did it first, so why are Method being crowned kings?
    Manaflask do host some weird stuff though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •