All classes to 100. Check.
we want to have shuffle up all the time, would be great, but like mr. GC said, their intention was to have shuffle up like 80%. and this is bullcrap, because without the shuffle, we take too much dmg imo. so more spells to procc shuffle and not just 2 (and 1 is a talent) OR increase the duration to 12 seconds.
things like "converts an XY amount of agi into parry or dodge or blabla" would be nice to have
Honestly, once you reach higher levels of haste in combination with the ascension change, keeping shuffle up is not that difficult. Main change I would like to see is a shorter GCD for WW, and a change to their mastery. As of right now mastery is so garbage with the energy regen. I really hope his mention of changing monks for 5.2 was not just for MW.
Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.
Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-13 at 09:04 AM.
All classes to 100. Check.
They will need to fix WW mechanics eventually. GCD capping is already a concern and it's only the first tier of the expansion.
I can't imagine how bad it will be 2 tiers from now. You can only reforge out of mastery/haste so much.
Basically mastery needs a complete revamp so haste doesn't become a terrible stat.
---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 04:17 AM ----------
For example, on Feng, you can clear for every Moderate Stagger no problem since it's a low tank damage fight. On the other hand, on a fight such as Wind Lord Mel'jarak, if you try to clear ever Moderate Stagger then you're going to run out of Chi incredibly quickly. You're much better off waiting for Heavy Stagger and clearing that, and leaving Moderate Stagger up. Overall, that will mean you take less damage.
It's a balancing act and I absolutely do not want to see it changed. I love the stagger mechanic as it is.
I've commented on BoF before and my ideas prior were to make it do more damage so you'd essentially choose, even on single target: do you want to mitigate more damage (BoK) or deal more damage (BoF). Problem is, as a Tank that's never a choice: if you don't choose to mitigate damage, you're doing it wrong. The choice instead should be in how you mitigate that damage, e.g. the choice between using PB more often or using BoK more often. That's good, interesting choice.
As such, to bring it back to your own point, I would add Shuffle to BoF, same duration as BoK (6 seconds). I'm fine with the 6 second duration, I find that at just the right level of not too demanding to keep up, but you still have to be aware of it. Even just adding 1-2 seconds of duration to each application of Shuffle would make it far too easy to keep up.
I would also like to see further changes to maybe allow BoF to be used on single targets too, but I'm unsure of how to go about doing that. I wouldn't want to replace BoK entirely, but I do want to use BoF. As I said, it's an iconic Brewmaster ability and very cool, it's a shame to see it mostly unused.
Nah, I'm actually ok with the aggroing of the statue. It just takes a GCD to put it up early in the fight, not really a big deal. I can also imagine it being used to easily position bosses in certain places at the pull... Not important for any boss currently (that I'm aware of), but it may be important later on. Who knows.
I mean, it's thematically appropriate, no? I mean, we're tanks. We're meant to be all about the aggro.
So we have to wait months for 5.2 for those essential changes??
I think just making jab and/kegsmash crits contribute to EB stacks would do fine for me, Keg smash not giving more because you crit multiple targets... Or (not sure if it is like this) when we do that strike from when we parry and it crits it gives us an extra stack :P
My personal moment is when I started tanking heroic stone guard, which has a fair bit of tank damage in the form of the bleed DoT. I was dutifully purifying every moderate stagger, only realising I was difficult to heal when my healer complained on Ventrilo. Made me realise 'er, hang on, I'm not keeping shuffle up... Something's wrong here'.
So yeah, I wouldn't worry too much. Happens to us all really at some point, I think!
And that's enough off-topic from me, I think :P
1) Path of Blossoms - not useful atm, good for casting while running away or breaking stealthies. Add a fire damage over time or snare stack
2) Zen Sphere - not useful in pve or pvp for any spec..... increase the HoT
3) Would like to see RSK get buffed in a way where we could use it for a short duration with no cd (but still costing 2 chi) or adding it as part of our mastery.
4) Reduce the CD and increase the stun duration on Charging Ox Wave to make it compatible with the tier
5) Remove the melee thing on Zen Meditation which would make it more useable on more encounters
6) All brew/tea stacks removed before raid fight or rbg/arena, but give us a new shiny ability that gives a full stacks on a 2-3 minute cd
7) Improve Healing Elixirs in a way where any extra heals becomes a HoT or Absorb since it ALWAYS proc every 18 seconds even if you have full health
8) The 5 stack tiger palm buff for mistweavers should last an x duration instead of just being one cast. therefore improving our ability to single target heal without going oom so fast
9) A new shiny CD ability that changes our melee attacks into nature damage because right now Casting 2 SFB instead of 1 BOK does more damage to plate/mail so I find myself going into melee to gain chi then rolling into range to cast SFB
10) no more need to stance dance for the extra renewing mist & haste buff as MW
11) A new shiny CD ability that detonates all healing spheres with a 1-2 mn cd
Last edited by bigfootbigd; 2012-12-13 at 07:56 PM.
That said, I'd rather they just re-work Energizing Brew into a class-wide cooldown that gives 10 stacks of Tigereye Brew, Elusive Brew, and maybe 4 stacks (that one would need some testing) of Mana Tea depending on your spec. Re-adjust it 2 or 3 minute cooldown, and boom needing to stack something to use it is no longer an issue.
I also have a suspicion that if we got an on-demand way to use TEB it might end up being OP with Energizing Brew, but that's just speculation.
Tigereye Brew is more of a different story since it doesnt matter when you use it as long as it never caps; you'll be doing the same amount of damage [unless a specific phase/mechanic]
I see energizing brew as a way to chi build back up, not a way to help with damage (directly). There's always a point where you're low on energy and thats when you pop it (or FoF)