Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Post Battlemaster/Justicar

Which one would you use if you had both?

Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    Which one would you use if you had both?
    Justicar

WSG rep is serious business

Deleted
    Battlemaster i guess .. they are both sick to get. And if story's are true about preformav being impossible to use anymore i vote battlemaster as harder to get. Justicar is just very hard grind (way way harder then insane is atm.) Some battlemaster achievs require premade (perfection says hi.)
    Yep im 2 achievs short of battlemaster (eots & ab perfection) blame me for not pvping during tbc when achiev patch dropped or during wotlk where you could queue with up to 10 / 15 ppl without using addons.

Deleted
    Battlemaster was very fun to earn in Wrath, but they nerfed the harder achievements for it, like needing to disarm 5 bombs in a single strand, so it doesn't stand out as much.
    Last edited by mmoc614a3ed308; 2012-12-11 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Battlemaster was very fun to earn in Wrath, but they nerfed the harder achievements for it, like needing to disarm 5 bombs in a single strand, so it doesn't stand out as much.
    In wrath it was easier to disarm bombs since people actually used them, that's why it was nerfed. Really rare to even find bombs to disarm post wrath.
    I got that achievement during wrath on my main but finished battlemaster during cata

Deleted
    In wrath it was easier to disarm bombs since people actually used them, that's why it was nerfed. Really rare to even find bombs to disarm post wrath.
    I got that achievement during wrath on my main but finished battlemaster during cata
    Yeah so it became an "achievement" for just showing up to BGs.

That's a shame IMO.

Deleted
    Definitely Battlemaster, by far the best title, for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GregDub View Post
    Battlemaster i guess .. they are both sick to get. And if story's are true about preformav being impossible to use anymore i vote battlemaster as harder to get. Justicar is just very hard grind (way way harder then insane is atm.) Some battlemaster achievs require premade (perfection says hi.)
    Yep im 2 achievs short of battlemaster (eots & ab perfection) blame me for not pvping during tbc when achiev patch dropped or during wotlk where you could queue with up to 10 / 15 ppl without using addons.
    Would've made it easier.
    However, I did all my bg achievements in pugs
    AB perfection was my last and got it the game before i hit exalted.
    That feel, bro!

Armory is fucked atm.
    My Battlemaster was completed in 2010 but only got AB perfection in 2012 (^^_)

I've had Justicar since 10/15/2008, the day that achievements first came out, and I've never used it (got exalted with AV, wsg and AB because I pvped with a grand marshal group in vanilla basically every day of the week that I had free)

Battlemaster pretty much took me 4 years to get, never really trying for it hardcore except for select achievements in wrath and cata that were difficult to get. I can say ill be using Battlemaster for a very long time.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-12-12 at 09:07 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    Justicar. Without any doubt.
    I have both titles, and and in my opinion, there isn't one single title out there which looks/sounds better than Justicar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have both, and I always had Battlemaster for a long time. I also only saw regularly one other player on my server who had it. Now that titles are account-wide, I've seen quite a few since.

Deleted
    Yeah so it became an "achievement" for just showing up to BGs.

That's a shame IMO.
    What? Are we talking about the same thing? I think battlemaster is still one of the hardest (if not hardest) and time-consuming titles there is atm. Justicar is more of a "just for showing up" - title, but to get battlemaster you have to actively try and complete the achievements. Really there is like 1 or 2 achievements that was nerfed in the meta, which werent even part of the hardest..

It's interesting to see how some say definitely justicar, and for others battlemaster is a self explanatory choice :P

Deleted
    I would probably use Justicar. Sounds better

What? Are we talking about the same thing? I think battlemaster is still one of the hardest (if not hardest) and time-consuming titles there is atm. Justicar is more of a "just for showing up" - title, but to get battlemaster you have to actively try and complete the achievements. Really there is like 1 or 2 achievements that was nerfed in the meta, which werent even part of the hardest..

It's interesting to see how some say definitely justicar, and for others battlemaster is a self explanatory choice :P
    I have Battlemaster, Shen'dralar, Insane, Bloodsail Admiral exalted, Seeker of the Knowledge, Relic Hunter and many other heavy grind titles.
    But WSG rep is just painful as it is only gained on flag caps.
    You could afk in your games for AB, WSG and AV but in true honesty.

You afk in WSG... You ruin your team and not get any caps.
    Baseline.. It takes 400 games at 3 flags per game to get to exalted.
    And every1 knows that... You will on average do 500-600 maybe even more to reach exalted.

If you take pre-mades out of it and solely pug and possibly on a bad battle group. 700 - 1000 games.

So saying the 1 is a obv choice that battlemaster is supreme is 1 tracked.

Deleted

Battlemaster was nerfed too much to be a respectable title.

We had it all along (win AB by 10 points). Nerfed. Disarm 6 bombs in Strand (this could take some skill and a lot of luck). Nerfed. Win AV in 6 minutes. Nerfed.

Even Justicar is only a long grind, but the grind is so long and was even in vanilla that it's still worth something.

When I saw a Battlemaster in Wrath 90% of the time they were good players. Now I can't say the same thing. The Justicar title, on the other hand, at least shows that the player has been around a long time or is very dedicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I saw a Battlemaster in Wrath 90% of the time they were good players. Now I can't say the same thing. The Justicar title, on the other hand, at least shows that the player has been around a long time or is very dedicated.
    Half of battlemaster's were pure luck, back in Wrath and even now. I could say the same with Justicar and say that <insert made up statistics percentage> of those who go Justicars botted or afked to some extent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Half of battlemaster's were pure luck, back in Wrath and even now. I could say the same with Justicar and say that <insert made up statistics percentage> of those who go Justicars botted or afked to some extent.
    Try botting Justicar now. It will take you a few months.

That makes the title more unique.

Battlemaster is like being given a gold medal just for showing up. "You're the last winner".

Edit: Alterac Blitz wasn't luck. You needed to rush with some tanks for that. You could also manipulate the score in AB to get the We had it all along achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try botting Justicar now. It will take you a few months.

That makes the title more unique.

Battlemaster is like being given a gold medal just for showing up. "You're the last winner".

Edit: Alterac Blitz wasn't luck. You needed to rush with some tanks for that. You could also manipulate the score in AB to get the We had it all along achievement.
    I don't get it.

First you said Justicar is worth something - but you agree that it can be botted, but because it'll take a few months, it's somehow better?

As for Battlemaster, I said half and I was responding to what you said that "in Wrath, 90% of the time they were skilled". I disagree. I'm not particularly skilled, I'm what you would call a BG hero, and many of my BM achievements was just luck, being in the right place in the right time. Even with all the nerfs, some still require luck. In fact, stuffs like Defense of the Ancients is much harder now than it was when tanks moved slowly.

They are both hard to get. Neither is miles better. I wouldn't belittle either titles if someone choose to pursue them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I don't get it.

First you said Justicar is worth something - but you agree that it can be botted, but because it'll take a few months, it's somehow better?

As for Battlemaster, I said half and I was responding to what you said that "in Wrath, 90% of the time they were skilled". I disagree. I'm not particularly skilled, I'm what you would call a BG hero, and many of my BM achievements was just luck, being in the right place in the right time. Even with all the nerfs, some still require luck. In fact, stuffs like Defense of the Ancients is much harder now than it was when tanks moved slowly.

They are both hard to get. Neither is miles better. I wouldn't belittle either titles if someone choose to pursue them.
    Justicar is such a long grind that it's more unique. That's what I meant.

A friend helped me disarm those 5 bombs in Strand by CCing enemies. You would have to be extremely lucky otherwise. That's just one example and now that is gone.

An achievement simply loses its value when it's nerfed.

Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    An achievement simply loses its value when it's nerfed.
    Agreed. I guess we both have differing opinion on either titles being respectable (post-nerf). May I also point out that, waaaay back in vanilla, you could exchange marks for rep, making Justicar easier?