Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Given her development she isn't. She was practically on a blood rage as she purged Dalaran, she might calm down later on and realize what she did and might show remorse, or not, both are fine. Kalec will most likely play her conscience.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, and I'm sick of these alliance clutching their pearls in horror and having fainting spells when their characters do something that is not unquestionably good.

No, what Jaina did was not "good", and it was not "necessary", but was her call.

What was the choice? Keep forgiving Aethas for his incompetence? He was to make sure that the Sunreavers kept neutrality, yet only months after the obliteration of Theramoore, his people are openly working under Garrosh, and end up using the Dalaran portals to infiltrate Darnassus. In simplier terms, Fool me once, shame on me; fool me twice...

Aethas' incompetence and Falnyr's betrayal is what sealed the fate of the Sunreavers. I am sure that Jaina made ABUNDANTLY clear she wouldn't tolerate horde sympathizers under her rule. And some Sunreavers, foolishly followed Garrosh, throwing their own people to the wolves. Garrosh got what he wanted, and Jaina got his fears confirmed so they both can at least move forward. The blood elves got the short end of the stick.

Jaina only decreed death to those who refused incarceration; she didn't go in an indiscriminate killing spree. Where her actions though? indeed. Did she had justification? Oh, so totally.

I feel for the poor Blood Elves that got nothing to do with this nasty bussines and where merely collateral, they are my boo. But the fact is that the Garrosh' loyalists are the ones that caused the purge of Dalaran with their actions; How would they dared to think they could get away with it, with the new leader of Dalaran so pro-alliance?

I mean, that was plain stupid.

So Jaina did what she had to do when the Sunreavers failed to uphold their part of the bargain after the Theramoore massacre. And she acted with an iron fist, making them know that she was a pushover no more. Maybe there was the Sunreavers mistake, to believe that Jaina would forgive yet another betrayal, I mean, miss-use of portals seems fairly low compared to the blowing up her realm. They were wrong.

All this doesn't mean that I'm 100% behind Jaina; I would prefer that the Jaina that was full of hope was still around. But after so much betrayal, that is just too much to ask, there's just too much a person can take before loosing hope.

As long as she keeps being just, no, she is not out of character.

PS: Even if it seems unfair, reading "Tides of War" is a must to understand Jaina, non negotiable.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What, Blizz killed off Rhonin? ( The main character of several books )

Woo, i dont know what to say
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

15+ Year Old Account
    TBH in game for the Dalaran Quests, I'd say that Vereesa Windrunner was way more mad then Jaina, but the final quest when she sees Auduin after his run in with the bell and Garrosh she loses her shit, I want more.

Never have I felt so good about being Alliance, these quests paired with the Jaina book have really made this xpac great story wise.
    Sig by Safhira

Crazy enough that I certainly wouldn't have made her the leader of a very powerful & dangerous faction. Still can't believe they did it because lolprophecy...

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Crazy enough that I certainly wouldn't have made her the leader of a very powerful & dangerous faction. Still can't believe they did it because lolprophecy...
    Well they needed a reason, they could have come up with a better one but meh the results count, which are quite intriguing.