Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Quick thought: Target the healer!!

Target the Healer!! has been said time after time in randoms with varying degrees of success, but the emphasis 90% of the time when selecting targets in PvP should be a healing class. Addons help in discerning which opposing player to target. Experience also plays a big part if you are familiar with what exactly a healing class looks like. And this brings me to my point. As a sometime hybrid Holy Priest healer I feel like I am a walking bullseye with my chakra animation. The only other example would be a druid in tree form but they are not in that state all the time. Take a look at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanntana View Post
    Target the Healer!! has been said time after time in randoms with varying degrees of success, but the emphasis 90% of the time when selecting targets in PvP should be a healing class. Addons help in discerning which opposing player to target. Experience also plays a big part if you are familiar with what exactly a healing class looks like. And this brings me to my point. As a sometime hybrid Holy Priest healer I feel like I am a walking bullseye with my chakra animation. The only other example would be a druid in tree form but they are not in that state all the time. Take a look at it?
    Shhhhhhh i like being left alone..

Deleted
    Leave me alone you bully!

The holy pally cone of light, the monk soothing thing ( channeled) and the resto shaman earth shield and green spell effect. Every class is pretty easy to figure with a teansy bit of experience.

And well, the biggest giveaway is that whoever you're dpsing is getting healed. Anyone would look around and see that theres a priest standing there spamming flash heal.

All healers are pretty easy to pick out. If a priest isn't purple, he's probably healing. If a druid isn't in an animal or laserturkey form, he's probably healing. A paladin out of melee range and a shaman's earth shield should both be pretty good hints, and a monk drops green orbs and beams and whatnot everywhere. Their spells seem to be pretty visually obvious.

Deleted
    I dont target to heal so good luck

You'd be surprised how many people fail to realize who the healer is and just blindly attack the DPS. Usually when I'm getting close to "Wrecking Ball" range in a BG, the opposite team will band together and try to focus fire me down, regardless of whether I have a pocket healer or not. They just regress into a blind rage of "Kill that f-ing warrior, now! WE GUN' KILL HIM 'TILL HE DIE FROM IT!" Pretty funny, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kripthmaul View Post
    The holy pally cone of light, the monk soothing thing ( channeled) and the resto shaman earth shield and green spell effect. Every class is pretty easy to figure with a teansy bit of experience.

And well, the biggest giveaway is that whoever you're dpsing is getting healed. Anyone would look around and see that theres a priest standing there spamming flash heal.
    All good tips, however I still say having a permenant, white four leaf clover at your feet all the time is making it too easy for the opposition.

All good tips, however I still say having a permenant, white four leaf clover at your feet all the time is making it too easy for the opposition.
    I would be more annoyed with the addons that put a giant + over our heads...

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    All healers are pretty easy to pick out. If a priest isn't purple, he's probably healing. If a druid isn't in an animal or laserturkey form, he's probably healing. A paladin out of melee range and a shaman's earth shield should both be pretty good hints, and a monk drops green orbs and beams and whatnot everywhere. Their spells seem to be pretty visually obvious.
    lol@this post

Personally I'd rather be focused than chain CCd. At least if I'm focused I can still heal while the other healer(s) help me out. What's really annoying is once you get above 2k RBG and you start getting chain CCd. No joke, I've lost control of my character for 30+ seconds before when trinket was down(clone->poly->trap->clone->bash->etc).

This game has been out for 8 years.

I have yet to enounter a random bg where people actually listen to "target the healer" and it is said all the time now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    This game has been out for 8 years.

I have yet to enounter a random bg where people actually listen to "target the healer" and it is said all the time now.
    It happens, more often than you'd think. On the long run on most battlegrounds there are people who actively go after me either trying to CC or even kill and in general harass me. Ofc you might not actually notice it, hell not even all of them might notice the other ones are also throwing interrupts/CC's into my direction.

Funnily enough one can confuse most people easily by using transformation items such as krastinov's satchel of horrors. Somehow people simply can't bring an male undead in rogue armor together with an shaman healer.

That shaman has water shield he's the healer.....

Healers Have To Die is the best addon for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kripthmaul View Post

^this pretty much.
    You should've known that being a healer means being a punching-bag. So it is your duty to be prepared to endure and survive while you keeping other ppl life as well. It is the fun thing about being a healer in pvp. Endure the ganking while maintain your dps to peel off everyone who target you. But if you just spesifically point out the Chakra's special effect that identify you as a healer, why don't you go disc? Even if you go disc, when you channel a penance, ppl will still target you as healer anyway lol. Not to mention the BG Spy addon that tell you who the other team healer is. So it really wont matter in the end whether the chakra signify you or not.

TL;DR
    Its not the Chakra's effect, its more to being a healer that matter.
    Last edited by Rezhka; 2012-12-13 at 02:35 AM.

actually very often I find it much easier to kill a dps because if you cc the healer like with one cyclone (which they won't trinket because most of the time they save trinket for situations when they need to survive themselves) into an interrupt (that is, if they cast, happens less and less) - most healers are way too focused on the health bars to notice you next to them so you don't have to worry about them faking - and down goes the dps

Deleted
    there is a addon called "healers must die" that makes all healers having a healer cross above thier heads, best addon for BGs BY FAR, there is no healer that wont be seen standing in the pack of lots of peoples, shame that not many do have this addon tho :/

Quote Originally Posted by ikas6 View Post
    there is a addon called "healers must die" that makes all healers having a healer cross above thier heads, best addon for BGs BY FAR, there is no healer that wont be seen standing in the pack of lots of peoples, shame that not many do have this addon tho :/
    That sounds awesome. Shame that barely any of my friends enjoy queuing up for a few BGs just for fun anymore. (As a warrior, having a healbot by my side is my favorite treat.) Might be all the bots or just superfluous amount of idiots. Glad they at least let us nab Conquest points from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    In normal battlegrounds I never target healers unless they are the last man standing.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists,nomod] Fear;[nomod] Fear
    I rather cc a healer and kill the dps than trying to kill the healer while the dps kills me.