Heroic Wind Lord and Garalon 10 man

Hello MMO-C,

My guild is currently 3/6 heroic , 6/6 and 4/4. We are a bit behind, but that is due to RL and roster issues. So last week, we ended up downing 8 progression bosses and we want to carry that hot streak into downing Heroic Blade Lord, Garalon and Wind Lord, possibly even Elegon since we put some attempts in last week but couldn't finish due to time.
    Blade Lord seems very straight forward. Hits harder with his new sucking-in tornado move. Seems simple enough.

I couldn't find any good guides (except a lot of videos) that I can read and study the fights for Garalon and Wind Lord. Can anyone give a brief run-down of the differences from normal and any extra boss downing tips would be much appreciated. I play a prot warrior (Arms soaker for Garalon) but I can share the tips to the rest of my raid group.

Would love to down some more heroic bosses before the hardest boss of all...the dreaded Christmas boss.

Useless semi-on topic advice, I'd honestly go for heroic elegon and then blade lord first. Then after that i'd finish up mogu'shan.
    Hatred the Fearless.

Deleted
    I would advice what Voltage did, go for Heroic Elegon > Blade Lord > Spirit Kings > Will before thinking of Windlord and Garalon.

All very sound advice. However, I'm not the GM and Heroic Blade/Wind and Garalon are next in line...Atleast to put some attempts in and see what comes out of it.

That being said, any tips on said bosses? Elegon seems like its the same as normal except for soaking of annihilation (?). Like I said, we only had 2-3 half assed attempts, just to get a feel of the damage output before calling it.

For Spirit Kings and Will, aren't they still considered to be more difficult than most bosses in this tier?

Elegon is pretty much the same yeah, We killed it going for 6 stacks of draw power, just make sure you kill all the pillars at the same time too so you don't get swarmed by adds (they hurt on heroic) , then when you go to aoe them make sure you rotate stuns and maybe throw out a piercing howl if you decide to have the tank kite them.

Apart from that and the soaking it's pretty straightforward. In the final phase you can still do the stack and burn, just rotate cooldowns and he'll drop really quick, especially if you decide to burn the boss for the 6th set of orbs.

As for difficulty, I believe spirit kings and will are quite hard, but nothing like the heart of fear ones, afaik blizzard designed mogu'shan to be easier than heart of fear and terrace.
    Hatred the Fearless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by equinocs View Post
    All very sound advice. However, I'm not the GM and Heroic Blade/Wind and Garalon are next in line...Atleast to put some attempts in and see what comes out of it.

That being said, any tips on said bosses? Elegon seems like its the same as normal except for soaking of annihilation (?). Like I said, we only had 2-3 half assed attempts, just to get a feel of the damage output before calling it.

For Spirit Kings and Will, aren't they still considered to be more difficult than most bosses in this tier?
    Tell your GM he's clueless in that case. Not trying to be a douche but going for Garalon and Windlord before Elegon, Blade Lord, Spirit Kings and Will is stupid. Enjoy wiping.

Blade lord is pretty simple and forgiving and is about the same difficulty as Elegon.

Garalon requires top notch DPS the first time you do it. We're still hitting 6:55 - 7:00 on our kills because we're rotating people.

Your guild should not even consider Garalon and above until you have MSV cleared. With the recent nerf to spirit kings and getting the same order, the fight is much faster to learn. Will of the emperor is basically the same thing, but having to soak sparks.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Blade lord is pretty simple and forgiving and is about the same difficulty as Elegon.

Garalon requires top notch DPS the first time you do it. We're still hitting 6:55 - 7:00 on our kills because we're rotating people.

Your guild should not even consider Garalon and above until you have MSV cleared. With the recent nerf to spirit kings and getting the same order, the fight is much faster to learn. Will of the emperor is basically the same thing, but having to soak sparks.
    This is not stupid, we are doing the same right now. We studied the "need" as far as Spirit King and Will are concerned. The loots are not to give you the DPS for Garallon. You should already have it.

We're sitting at 496 ilvl average and loot 496 are better for many classes at terrasse than Spirit and Will.

In fact, we clean terrasse and Stone Guard NM, Then feng HM, Gara'jal HM, Spirit King NM, Elegon HM, Will NM first raid evening.
    Then we focus on HoF HM (except) Vizier atm.
    This kill order should already give you the loots you need for most classes.

We're focusing on getting the best BiS HM before 5.2 hits and should be the way to go right now.
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2013-01-31 at 10:48 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason Garalon hc is listed as being harder than all MSV is simply due to the tight beserk timer and the healing requirements, it's a fight you literally cannot have a single mistake on, pretty much all of MSV is retardedly simple in comparison.

Agree, but the fact that doing Spirit Kings and Will before to reach the DPS / healing requirements is not valid. Our DPS and healers confirmed the vast majority of DPS comes from Terrasse, Elegon HM / Blade Lord HM and once your rogue has daggers HM from dogs, Feng and Gara'jal HM => This leads to consistently strategy check your raid needs in order to know if you're prepared or not.

Our guild went to kill Garalon hc and wind lord hc (10 man) before heroic Will and in hindsight there was no reason to skip Will at all.

Heroic Will of the Emperor is a very, very simple fight which just requires control above all else. Once you have successfully completed a full cycle of add killing and soaking sparks, you should expect a kill very soon. Garalon hc on the other hand is a very demanding fight which leaves almost no room for fuckups and requires very high dps and/or healing. 2-healing it for us was not a real option so we had to 3-heal it (with 2 tanks). We ended up killing Garalon the moment he enraged on our first kill.

If your raid can clear Garajal hc in MSV, it should be able to kill Blade Lord and Wind Lord with ease imo. Going for Elegon HC at the very least would be my suggestion since he drops bis trinkets for most classes and the fight isn't that different to normal mode. All you need for elegon hc is a soaking rotation of some sort for the adds. Healing wise elegon hc can even be easier since total annihilation will only hit the soaker instead of the whole raid.

If you don't have a priest in your roster (we didnt), Wind Lord hc might be interesting, but definitely not very hard. We chose to CC the amber trappers and focus interrupt the menders. We had an elemental shaman on purge duty prioritising the blademasters over anything else and a prot warrior with shield slam glyph + hunter tranq shot on the boss. If the blademasters aren't purged when they charge and no cooldowns are used by the target, they will most likely die. Wind Lord drops a tier token and is a pretty easy boss - you should aim to kill him asap.

I disagree with people saying you should do spirit kings and WotE before garalon and wind lord. Imo it comes down to your raid strengths. Garalon is pretty much a pure gear check with a simple strategy (any mistake will be a wipe on progression though). Wind Lord is just extremely easy, in fact I find it easier than normal mode.

Spirit Kings and WotE aren't that hard, but I found them very time consuming to learn. You'll have to do all 4 of these bosses before anything else, doesn't matter which order really. The 3 remaining HoF bosses are way harder and Terrace bosses have high gear requirements.