Deleted

Possible third/neutral faction by Wrathion?

"I have chosen the name "Wrathion." To my knowledge, I am the last of the black dragons.

My father was Deathwing, the Worldbreaker, the Aspect of Death, the Destroyer... But I hope you will not hold that against me.

I have no love for my father, whose corruption destroyed my race, or for the Red Dragonflight, who stole away and experimented on my egg to create me.

Let's just say, I am... unaffiliated. And I am always on the lookout for like-minded heroes."

could it be that Wrathion will be fed-up with the horde-alliance conflict and find (a) new race(s) to join his 'unaffiliated club'? I mean, Blizzard can't just say, 'now kiss' to the horde and the alliance. They will be enemies to the bone.

But what if Wrathion creates a neutral faction with new races?

The new races would be neutral in the first place but have to join the horde or the alliance in BG, since they will not be politically bound to Wrathion - just merely as an ideology to be free and do something for the greater good or just be a mercenary and wreck havoc.

The new faction will have to choose in one way or another a side. They will sign a contract, created by wrathion, to be...let us say, loyal to alliance/horde. So you can enter their cities and talk to ally/horde members. This does not make you an enemy to the horde-sided members of the neutral faction.

Horde sided and ally sided members can still interact with each other like normal. But they cannot invite friends to orgrimmar/stormwind to hang around... They can form groups tho, to venture in dedicated neutral hubs.

- They will have their own capital. cannot be entered by horde or alliance.
    - To pvp, you must first work on a contract. Wrathion thinks that the horde and alliance will see him as an enemy, thus he makes surethe new races goes helps the horde/alliance in whatever shizzle they are up to.
    - PvE, can be with faction only people and also with Alliance/Horde - depending on your contract.
    - Contract cannot be undone.
    - Horde/alliance races might be able to choose this factions, but it will be hard. Introducing new races should be supported and it makes stuff easier. Perhaps pandaren may still have an option.
    - Horde and ally sided members will not be hostile towards each other, only in bg's etc.
    - Neutral auction house should have increased activity.
    - you cannot undo/change your contract.
    - etc.

I'm just saying, Wrathion has the potential to form a neutral faction, preferably with new races.
    Last edited by mmoc058e0f1fe5; 2012-12-11 at 09:14 PM.

I doubt it, I'm pretty sure it's just a lore thing.

Wrathion is a sensible guy. At the moment, his interests lie solely in self-preservation. He knows that the Legion is coming back (or some other threat akin to the Lich King or Deathwing) and that everyone on Azeroth (which includes himself) is dead if no one can stop them. His mission seems to be one exclusively about preparing the races of Azeroth so that they will be ready when the time comes, and that includes testing the Alliance and Horde and their leaders. In the end, Wrathion will heavily support the campaign to topple Garrosh's rule because a Sha-controlled Horde that has mana bombs of mass destruction probably wouldn't have the heroes it needs to stop the next big threat that comes along, and he knows that he's screwed if that happens.

Besides, a third faction would fundamentally change the way the entire game works and is not at all likely to ever happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    I doubt it, I'm pretty sure it's just a lore thing.

Wrathion is a sensible guy. At the moment, his interests lie solely in self-preservation. He knows that the Legion is coming back (or some other threat akin to the Lich King or Deathwing) and that everyone on Azeroth (which includes himself) is dead if no one can stop them. His mission seems to be one exclusively about preparing the races of Azeroth so that they will be ready when the time comes, and that includes testing the Alliance and Horde and their leaders. In the end, Wrathion will heavily support the campaign to topple Garrosh's rule because a Sha-controlled Horde that has mana bombs of mass destruction probably wouldn't have the heroes it needs to stop the next big threat that comes along, and he knows that he's screwed if that happens.

Besides, a third faction would fundamentally change the way the entire game works and is not at all likely to ever happen.
    ye you got a point.
    maybe do like panda starting zone, start neutral under Wrathion supervision and then get a contract etc.. No third faction.

No not neutral, NO. So much potential for third faction, dont waste it on current races being neutral.

Never happen. And honestly its a wasted effort if it did. 3 factions is only important for serious world pvp oriented games so that one factions population imbalance doesn't ruin the whole thing. There is no serious world pvp anymore, and there has never been truly competitive world pvp. By that last part I mean occupying zones or something, not 'omg theres a tower in hellfire pen and epl you can capture.' Launch wintergrasp doesn't really count either as it isn't "world" and it got essentially turned into a server restricted battleground anyway.

... I think you need to read more of is (quest) dialog. He implicitly states his goal. Which is not to create a third fraction, but to stop the fighting between the existing 2 fractions. To combine Azeroths forces into one to stand against the shadow.

To create a third fraction to attempt to swallow the other 2 would be just as counter productive as the existing war he wants to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    To create a third fraction to eventually swallow the other 2 would be just as counter productive as the existing war he wants to stop.
    Why, Horde and Alliance are weak and fragile, they have no chance of stopping what is out there.

Oh right, Metzen, MORTALS, UNITE AND BE AWESOME!