Thread: Frost Bomb

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost Bomb

So when is this spell getting nerfed. I understand its dispellable but you only get 1 dispell every 8 seconds. So if multiple dots get applied its not always a sure thing you get FB when dispelling. Plus when Mages can cast that right outa stealth and can insta gib anything with a counter silence or when they have a druid who pounces you and the clones you outa stun. If you dont trink they die if you trink you get insta poly'ed. I think they should nerf the crit chance it has. Nothing like that should crit for 150k+ every time.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Bombaday View Post
    Thoughts?
    I think you should do some research, you dispell ALL dispellable debuffs whene you dispell, so if you dispell, you will always get frostbomb.
    This is kinda a big thing to not have noticed.

I usually wait to dispell things because you dispell ALL dispellable debuffs when you hit it (including frost bomb)

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    I think you should do some research, you dispell ALL dispellable debuffs whene you dispell, so if you dispell, you will always get frostbomb.
    Monks with Diffuse Magic are very fond of this fact when it's a Fire Mage who puts Frost Bomb on them. (That's a lot of DoTs coming home.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Ok so even if you dispell it i promise you youre getting cc'ed for the next 1 or 2. My point is nerf the crit chance of FB...It shouldnt be used in globaling someone outa stealth and gets very annoying. Noone in this game has an ability like this and can use it in stealth..Most opening FB's come from the invisible cast from the mage. Stop talking about stupid shit and get on the same page as everyone else that thinks the ability needs to be looked at. You other posters are the exact reason blizz doesnt fix anything cuz you like to argue every damn point.

So when is this spell getting nerfed. I understand its dispellable but you only get 1 dispell every 8 seconds. So if multiple dots get applied its not always a sure thing you get FB when dispelling. Plus when Mages can cast that right outa stealth and can insta gib anything with a counter silence or when they have a druid who pounces you and the clones you outa stun. If you dont trink they die if you trink you get insta poly'ed. I think they should nerf the crit chance it has. Nothing like that should crit for 150k+ every time.

Thoughts?
    My thought is that you don't understand MOP dispels. Better read up.

Ok so even if you dispell it i promise you youre getting cc'ed for the next 1 or 2. My point is nerf the crit chance of FB...It shouldnt be used in globaling someone outa stealth and gets very annoying. Noone in this game has an ability like this and can use it in stealth..Most opening FB's come from the invisible cast from the mage. Stop talking about stupid shit and get on the same page as everyone else that thinks the ability needs to be looked at. You other posters are the exact reason blizz doesnt fix anything cuz you like to argue every damn point.
    So, produce a counter argument and don't act like a little bitch when someone disagrees with you.

That's a start.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    So, produce a counter argument and don't act like a little bitch when someone disagrees with you.

That's a start.
    Because nit picking a little mistake instead of talking about the actual matter at hand is constructive amirite? OP's op was constructive. The rest of this thread wasn't.

Also love how everyone keeps forgetting that fireblast instant procs frost bomb. And how just by getting a frost bomb off (a single 1.5 second cast ability with a 12 second cd) the frost mage is able to single handedly gain the upper hand for his entire team because the enemy healer is now forced to either dispel an ability that hits waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard or eat a full cc chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Thoughts?
    Nerfing the "crit chance it has." would mean reworking a mages shatter mechanic. The Frost Bomb does NOT crit every time unless you are frozen which is what shatter is all about. Before making a forum topic asking for a nerf you should most likely do some research on the spell in question along with your own spell ( Dispel in this case ) so you would know how both of them work. Yes you have an eight second CD on your dispel but that dispel dispels EVERY magic effect on you which include this deadly Frost Bomb. I am not saying that Frost Bomb is perfect balance wise nor am i saying it is particularly hard to set up in order for it to crit and 'insta gib you'. There are more than a few skills or spells in this game that do insane amounts of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by velnis View Post
    My thought is that you don't understand MOP dispels. Better read up.
    I think youre full of shit. Can only disepll 1 time every 8 seconds. 2 minutes on trink. Endless amounts of CC. Burst needs a tone down for the amount of control and crit that ALL classes have. They have tone down BM and warriors but left frost mages alone. Blizz needs to look into and do something about it before they do wrong by the whole wow community. I understand fully how to play this game. Have 3 different toons (2 being healers) all over 1900-2200 rating. So please dont tell me to read up

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post

Because playing around frost bomb is fun. 'don't dispell until you see him cast frost bomb!'
    'okay, i will just wait and let all these other dots kill me.'

I do find it a little too much damage. Especially when you can fire blast to make it hit twice and mages can apparently drop its timer down to like 2 sec through copious haste I guess?

I think it needs to be brought down to the level of its sister talents which I have yet to see anyone use in PvP...

I appreciate the other posters having some agreement in my arguement. =p

I appreciate the other posters having some agreement in my arguement. =p
    So in your OP you ask for "Thoughts?" and appreciate the posters who agree with you and rage and condemn those who disagree with you after they gave you their thoughts? Were you actually looking for thoughts on your OP or were you just looking for some comfort and solace from those who are like minded to you?

You've been real open minded thus far.... /end sarcasm

Yes, frost bomb hits hard. No, it doesn't ALWAYS crit. Is it relatively easy to set up a crit? Sure. It can be dispelled though as others have pointed out. And there are many other classes who have ridiculous burst too. There have already been blue posts about them toning down the burst damage. It is probably getting worked on. Changing the crit chance is not an option though because as someone already posted, which you completely ignored because they didn't agree with you, the whole mechanic of shatter would have to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Adynos View Post
    So in your OP you ask for "Thoughts?" and appreciate the posters who agree with you and rage and condemn those who disagree with you after they gave you their thoughts? Were you actually looking for thoughts on your OP or were you just looking for some comfort and solace from those who are like minded to you?

You've been real open minded thus far.... /end sarcasm

Yes, frost bomb hits hard. No, it doesn't ALWAYS crit. Is it relatively easy to set up a crit? Sure. It can be dispelled though as others have pointed out. And there are many other classes who have ridiculous burst too. There have already been blue posts about them toning down the burst damage. It is probably getting worked on. Changing the crit chance is not an option though because as someone already posted, which you completely ignored because they didn't agree with you, the whole mechanic of shatter would have to be changed.
    I didnt disregard what he said. I fully understand the mechanics of the "shatter" from mages. And no i dont need anyone to make me feel better. The problem with all the other posts regardless of what as actually put down in there post, was " QUIT CRYING, DISPELL IT" which frankly im getting tired or hearing. As those posters dont understand the INSANE amount of CC that can be brought upon you in 3s. When you watch Rank1 streams and they are saying the same thing. It becomes a viable thing Blizz should look in to.

I have watched countless streams of Venruki, a Mutli Rank1 Frost Mage, say FB is way to powerful with the amount of control this game has.

So no i dont need your "sarcasm" and youre lame post about people need to console me.

Honestly, I don't know how you are 2k rating if you don't even understand dispell. From your OP you clearly stated that if you have multi dots on you, then you cannot be guaranteed to remove Frost Bomb when you dispell.

So if multiple dots get applied its not always a sure thing you get FB when dispelling.
    Other's pointed out to you that when you dispell it removes ALL dispellable debuffs and you raged on them.

You don't want thoughts. You want reinforcement of your standing on the issue. Yes, I think everyone understands the amount of CC that is available in game currently. Nobody disputed that. They simply pointed out that you did not know what you were talking about when it comes to dispell.

Don't ask for thoughts if you can't handle opposing views to your own or criticism about the incorrect statements you make.

I understand Dispell but as an AOE spell effect the spell gets applied to both of my melee classes and there's nothing you can do about it. Get rid of the dispell CD or make it shorter.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    I do find it a little too much damage. Especially when you can fire blast to make it hit twice and mages can apparently drop its timer down to like 2 sec through copious haste I guess?

I think it needs to be brought down to the level of its sister talents which I have yet to see anyone use in PvP...
    They fixed the double explosion bug. 2s explosion timer would require +200% haste.

The thing is, it's entirely balanced from a PVE point of view, because it does roughly the same damage over a fight as the other two would do. So what would you have them do, that doesn't break usability in PVE? The only reason the other two aren't used in PVP is because a mage needs burst to kill someone. Our damage outside of that burst is crap.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 11:22 AM ----------

I understand Dispell but as an AOE spell effect the spell gets applied to both of my melee classes and there's nothing you can do about it. Get rid of the dispell CD or make it shorter.
    ...what? It's single target.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=112948/frost-bomb

Read before you tell me tht its single target. Its a multiple target spell..It requires 1 target for apply but affects anything around it. Its not a weak spell and can hurt mupltipl players not just 1..

Frost Bomb damage is rather ridiculous and can be dispelled; however how do you plan on dispelling frost bomb when you are stuck in a chain cc?

Ring of Frost
    Sheep
    Cyclone
    Fear

Sure you can trinket and bubble but your teammate is almost always dead when the next chain of cc comes.

67% resilience and getting hit by 120k frost bomb