Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,886

    T3 sets.... are they so great?

    Well... i have seen a lot of people talking a lot about the T3 sets... are they so great? and also i have heard people saying... "T7 sets don't look as good as T3 sets"... IMO there are some of the T7 that look way better than the T3... like the Mage T7 and the Druid T7 (not the T7.5 the normal mode one) and there are others... that don't look bad, it just depend on what colors are you looking for... like rouge T7 and shamans T7.... what do you guys think about these.... do you think that the T3 sets are way better.... or viceversa?

    If you think that only 1 or 2 sets of the T7/T3 looks better than the T3/T7... let me know wich one

  2. #2
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Carolina Country
    Posts
    907
    Really considering buying T3 warrior for my dk since class restrictions were taken off. Super sexy and my fav colors.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    T3 is mostly overrated imo. The "beauty" is connected with the nostalgia from when you played in T3.
    There are tons of other tiers that are better looking in general. t5 and t6 are the best ones by far.

  5. #5
    Warrior is really the only one that looks better than the t7 reskins imo. Rest is either same color, or better color for t7 25 man gear.
    You won't find an expanded version of my avatar here.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    T3 is mostly overrated imo. The "beauty" is connected with the nostalgia from when you played in T3.
    There are tons of other tiers that are better looking in general. t5 and t6 are the best ones by far.
    Says someone with nostalgia from playing in T5/T6?

    The takeaway here is that it's all in the eyes of the beholder. If you love T3, it's great. If you prefer another set, great!

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 02:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    Warrior is really the only one that looks better than the t7 reskins imo. Rest is either same color, or better color for t7 25 man gear.
    FWIW, I actually have T3 on my warrior and use it for transmog... but the graphics haven't aged well in comparison to the newer sets. The concept itself remains excellent and the armor is nice, but newer, higher quality models are used for the newer tiers. This is particularly noticeable on the character selection screen.
    Last edited by Exigent; 2012-12-10 at 07:02 PM.

  7. #7
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Slaughtered Lamb
    Posts
    2,196
    A lot of people transmog tier sets and since tier 3 is no longer in the game (like all the others) it is highly praised. Personally I like the more unique approach to transmog but that's just me..

  8. #8
    They are not so great. But they aren't avaiable anymore, that's make them look better for some people.

  9. #9
    T3 warrior is one of the best designed sets, but is totally a DK look. The T7 wasn't anywhere near as cool.

    I liked T3 hunter because it was the best looking for its time (T1 was horrid and T2 was purple....PURPLE!) but since then I'm not as crazy about it. I like other sets better over the years.

    I like T3 priest better than T7 counterpart and I think T3 rogue and druid are my favorite of the T3 sets, but that's not saying I think they're the best looking tier sets for either class either.

    I prefer mix n' match custom sets for transmog myself. Even mixing different tiers can get some cool more unique sets.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  10. #10
    Some of them are nice, however, few, if any, are substantially better looking than their T7 counterparts. (Warrior is arguably the sole exception)

    Maybe I'm cynical, but I think most people ooh and ahh over T3 simply because it simply isn't available anymore by conventional means.

    But then again, I also believe people ooh and ahh over Ashes of A'lar for the longest time simply because of its rarity (Ridiculously low drop rate in content that not many could do, and then you had to compete with 24 other people for it if it did drop. Granted with TK being solo-able, the latter part is less of an issue now.) and not because they love a pink and orange orgy of garish colors.

  11. #11
    beauty depends on opinion and everyone has another one...

  12. #12
    Off the top of my head, the priest and warrior T3 set I found considerably better than the T7 ones and find them to be some of the best tier sets for those classes to date, though I prefer T4 warrior.

    Hunters and rogue sets I think are pretty good in both T3 and T7 ones.

    Shaman, druid and mage all had a situation where the original T3 set looked good, the 10man T7 looked rubbish, but the 25man T7 looked as good as the original, if not better in some regards.

    All of the warlock sets were good, but I prefer the T3 one, partially because it's one of those "so hilariously garish and loud that it should be bad, but it's good" sets, like T6, but I also genuinely like the old T3 one.

    So yeah, people can try and be edgy and put the love of T3 all down to it being nostalgia, but I disagree - they were fantastic sets, as were some of the T7 revamps, some really dropped the ball though.

  13. #13
    Pit Lord Galbrei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,291
    I think generalizing a tier is just plain silly. I personally think most T9s are ugly, but Horde rogue's T9 is one of my favorites. The Alliance version is lame again.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    Warrior is really the only one that looks better than the t7 reskins imo. Rest is either same color, or better color for t7 25 man gear.
    Priest T3 has a very unique coloring also and beats t7 reskin by miles. When a piece of T3 shows up on BMAH they go for 50k atleast on my server

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,667
    Other than mage's frostfire set and warrior's dreadnaught, I find T3 sets to be pretty bad and bland looking. I'd say people don't hype those sets because they look good, but due to where they used to come from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  16. #16
    Blizzard ruined a lot of the appeal by throwing them on the AH botting paradise called BMAH.

  17. #17
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,886
    I'm not asking if the T3 or T7 are the best tier in the game nor i am saying that you should mog full tier.... I prefer to convine sets and do things like that to be more original

  18. #18
    Appearance is subjective, if you don't like them then good! You don't have to sink a ridiculous sum of gold into them.

  19. #19
    some are good mage/priest/shamen/warrior but i think rogue tier 2 and 6 is better lock tier 5/6 paladin tier 2 i like the hunter tier 8 for druidi never liked alot of the druid tiers

  20. #20
    Scarab Lord foxHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Inside Jabu-jabu's Belly
    Posts
    4,042
    Most look a lot better than their soul-less tier 7 and 7.5 counterparts. Most. Warlock t3 is just kinda goofy though, admittedly.
    Look! Words!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •