Thread: The Tribunal

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    I'm not talking about pleasing them, I'm saying people can report you for shit they have a problem with even though a normal person wouldn't mind. If you check my cases, one of them is in that file because a toxic player reported me when I did NOTHING wrong, and the other is there solely because of a single 'insult', so sorry to burst your bubble.
    Checked your cases, and you acted like a douche. Sorry to burst your bubble kid.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Checked your cases, and you acted like a douche. Sorry to burst your bubble kid.
    Your response sounds very convincing and sincere indeed, not to mention informed and objective, much like the decisions your brethren in the Tribunal make on a daily basis. I feel honored to have had your eminent self read through my cases, and I thank you for bursting my bubble, adult.

  3. #63
    High Overlord Space Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    125
    Cho'Gath [00:30:01] it was a retarded initiate
    Cho'Gath [00:30:03] this mundo
    Cho'Gath [00:30:06] has shit for brains
    Cho'Gath [00:30:08] we cant win
    Teemo [00:16:54] why the fu
    Teemo [00:16:54] jax
    Teemo [00:16:56] are you retarded
    Teemo [All] [00:22:02] fizz so gay fu
    Teemo [All] [00:22:21] youre gay
    Teemo [All] [00:22:42] you and malphite are both gay
    Teemo [All] [00:22:44] premade for sure
    Multiple reasons as to why you were judged correctly for time ban.
    Don't be a dick and you won't get banned. You want someone to play better? Degrading them verbally is not the way.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddly Voodoo View Post
    Multiple reasons as to why you were judged correctly for time ban.
    Don't be a dick and you won't get banned. You want someone to play better? Degrading them verbally is not the way.
    I said those were the two games I deserved a report for. It's the other 3 I disagree with, and you guys mention only the negative.

  5. #65
    High Overlord Space Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    I said those were the two games I deserved a report for. It's the other 3 I disagree with, and you guys mention only the negative.
    Because it's only the negative games that got you banned FOR.
    Some people are idiots and report for no reason, yes. If the reasons are unjustified, then you don't get banned.
    If they ARE justified, well you can see what happens there since it happened to you.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddly Voodoo View Post
    Because it's only the negative games that got you banned FOR.
    Some people are idiots and report for no reason, yes. If the reasons are unjustified, then you don't get banned.
    If they ARE justified, well you can see what happens there since it happened to you.
    The point is, 3 out of 5 games were wrongly reported, so I got banned on account of only 2 games in which I acted inappropriately. Not only was I reported for no reason in those other 3 games, the people of the Tribunal acted on those unwarranted reports. 60% of the games in that file were not even legitimately reportable, according to me (and you seem to, at least tacitly, agree). I probably got banned unjustly. Could I have gotten banned with only 2 cases? Perhaps. Would it be as likely? No, I'd probably still be playing.

    What if, next time, I get banned again, but this time ALL my cases are poor reports? What if the systems makes me more susceptible to another ban because of my previous bans, regardless of the nature and veracity of the reports?

    You're all thinking: "there's no way you can get banned this many times and still be innocent, the Tribunal has to be right". But these bans are separate events. I wasn't shocked the first two times I got banned, because I really did act like an asshole on all counts. Looking back on those chat logs, there's not one game I feel I wouldn't have reported myself for. But I've improved, and this third ban came as a shock.

    Look, don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid. You're saying if someone is flaming, harassing, or ruining the game that I shouldn't talk back or try to correct them, but rather ignore them and report them afterwards. Problem is, that's not how my brain works. I prefer to talk to the person, not press a magic button that works the hidden machinery that may or may not get this person what I think he deserves.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    Your response sounds very convincing and sincere indeed, not to mention informed and objective, much like the decisions your brethren in the Tribunal make on a daily basis. I feel honored to have had your eminent self read through my cases, and I thank you for bursting my bubble, adult.
    Game 1: Well, can't say much about this. Should've just muted him. Gotta admit I hate it when people call out that they're reporting someone. Just keep it to yourself and report them at the end of the match. I wouldn't have punished.

    Game 2: You were being an outright dick from the start till the end. Punish.

    Game 3: Undeserved report.

    Game 4: You flamed, it's reportable and punishable. I wouldn't punish it, but others are in their rights to do so.

    Game 5: Acting like the average typically ignorant LoL player. Punish.


    The majority of those games edge me towards punishing you. I guess this was the same for those that reviewed your case.

    Also, even though there were some undeserved reports in there, I'm pretty sure that anyone that would've reviewed your case would've agreed on that. On the other games that you were reported they were not undeserved.


    Happy now? I'm seriously sorry to burst your bubble. Ignorance is bliss after all.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 03:03 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    The point is, 3 out of 5 games were wrongly reported
    In your opinion. The majority thought otherwise, and in my opinion the majority thought right.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    In your opinion. The majority thought otherwise, and in my opinion the majority thought right.
    You just said you agreed that 3 of those reports were undeserved:

    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Game 1: I wouldn't have punished.

    Game 3: Undeserved report.

    Game 4: I wouldn't punish it
    Forgive me, my ignorance must be making me confused. Who'd have thought that bafflement was the side effect?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Happy now? I'm seriously sorry to burst your bubble. Ignorance is bliss after all.
    In that case I'd watch my serotonin secretion levels if I were you - I hear excess kills.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    You just said you agreed that 3 of those reports were undeserved
    At least quote me correctly.

    'You flamed, it's reportable and punishable. I wouldn't punish it, but others are in their rights to do so. '

  10. #70
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,269
    I'd have punished for cases 1,2,4,5. I have no idea what you were saying in the third case and google wasn't very helpful, but it seemed to make the ahri mad.

    When I look at it I go, would playing with this person ruin my experience? If the answer is yes I tend to lean towards punish. In these cases I would punish. You either blatantly flamed people or you were very negative. I don't see any problem with the tribunal's conclusion.

  11. #71
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,201
    It's quite easy: even if only -1- of those cases had been a reason to Punish, we should've hit Punish. Riot has stated so several times themselves.

    You can point at 'Pardon' cases all you want, but even you yourself say that at least 2 of those cases should be punished. Thus, you got punished. Now you claim that you shouldn't be punished because you feel it needs to be all 5 cases. Sorry, but that's not how things work. One out of five would've been sufficient.

    Don't act like a jerk and there won't be any punishable cases in Tribunal. It's really that simple.

  12. #72
    What the hell There is a reason why you appear before tribunal only after multiple reports. You are expected to be reported more often than necessary. gamhacked the ban your argue about is deserved. You acted like a douche in at least 2/5 reported games. You only have to act badly in 1/5 games to get punished. Tribunal does not always ban ppl you know ... sometimes all the reports are found to be too weak. That was not your case.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  13. #73
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    101
    I feel there are so many screaming "The tribunal is bad and wrong! I got banned for no reason yadda yadda". In my opinion, I would have punished. Why? Because if you cant keep back your insults in some games, it just means you will keep coming with them. Even if you are nice in some of them or atleast trying to keep back what you want to reply, its not enough.

    I have never been banned and guess why? Because I dont go around screaming out my team mates. I have prolly been reported lots either for playing bad or simply because the others are being an ass, but banned? Never. Not even a warning. Because most people see my case and think "Huh.. Why did this guy get reported? /pardon" If I even appeared at tribunal. If you do get banned there is usually a reason, and in this case I would say the reason is quite forward. Stop acting like an ass in some games and you wont get banned. Just because you are nice in 3 of 5 games does not mean people will think any more of pardoning you. Pardon means you did nothing wrong, but here you DID in fact do something wrong, so there is no point in doing it.

  14. #74
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,201
    Let's put it this way: 40% of your games are apparently 'toxic'*. That's the result we get from this Tribunal case. In a player that's possibly played over 1k games, that's 400 games that were ruined through abhorrent behaviour.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-12-13 at 09:43 AM. Reason: // *going by your self-admitted '2 real reports' here.

  15. #75
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,933
    I think you misunderstand something. Even if one out of those cases was a justified report you would still be punished for it, and it would be deserved.

    Let me use an analogy(a horribly exaggerated one): you have a lawsuit for knifing five toddlers to death and eating their entrails in a ritual to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. However, it turns out only one of those actually happened and for four others you have an alibi and there's no evidence. Do you still deserve to be punished for the one proven transgression out of five you were judged for? After all, you were not guilty in 80% of the cases.

    This is another one of those cases: you got banned two times and warned once before for probably exactly the same behaviour you shoved here, yet you did not think to fix the attitude and got banned once again. I can't wait for the shitstorm you create here in a couple months when you get permabanned for continuing to be toxic like that, seeing as you still don't see anything wrong with how you act. :/
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  16. #76
    Speaking as someone who's been punished for games where I've done legitimately nothing wrong in (I have proof) I can vouch it's pretty shitty.

    No xXxEpicLoLLoverxXx is ever going to admit it, but have solace in the fact that outside LoL's dipfuck community, the Tribunal is regarded in pretty poor critique.

  17. #77
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,933
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Speaking as someone who's been punished for games where I've done legitimately nothing wrong in (I have proof) I can vouch it's pretty shitty.

    No xXxEpicLoLLoverxXx is ever going to admit it, but have solace in the fact that outside LoL's dipfuck community, the Tribunal is regarded in pretty poor critique.
    You sure have proof, Jimmy. Just like the one who started this thread has shown his "proof".
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  18. #78
    Believe what you want, it doesn't change what's real.

    I'm scouring my e-mail to try and find the links to the tribunal cases, but I can't seem to find the right e-mails anywhere.

    Edit: The only e-mail for tribunal bans I can find is one where I legitimately did naughty things in all but one match, so not the best example, but it's all I have for now.

    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5789142/#nogo

    Concerning match 1, I have no idea who the Amumu was but he was fucking hilarious. We laned together and everyone just got pissed off at me, too. So I was reported and punished for doing nothing wrong.

    It really, really doesn't matter if I was rightfully accused/punished in other matches, the point still stands, clear as clear, that the tribunal VERY OFTEN punishes you for nothing.

    Don't even fucking front with me, sucker. You're talking to a guy who's been perm-banned FOUR TIMES on ONE account and come back from all of them, as well as being banned, in general, like 30+ times, griefing thousands of hours of gameplay.

    I know what I'm fucking talking about.

    Because it's only the negative games that got you banned FOR.
    Some people are idiots and report for no reason, yes. If the reasons are unjustified, then you don't get banned.
    If they ARE justified, well you can see what happens there since it happened to you.
    Not true. ALL the games that show up on your "Punished" case are cases you were punished and given time bans for. In the corner of each one it will say "Punishment: Timeban" they do NOT e-mail you cases where you were reported, but not punished.

    One case with a time ban is worth 24 hours for your first offense, the second is worth 3 days and so on. If you get more than one time ban (they do a max of 4 at a time for some reason) it's a 2-week long ban, if it's not your first offences.

    They used to just give me two week bans constantly (most of my bans were two week longs) but since my first "perm" ban, it's been two 2-week bans and then a perm ban, so I dunno what happened there.

    Additional Edit: To the author of this thread, there's no such thing as a Permban with Riot (No, literally, there isn't. All their 'perm bans' are just 200+ year long bans because Riot can't code an actual permban.) just wait a couple weeks then appeal, telling them you've changed and you're sorry and you've really reflected and that you've read the summoner's code (that gets them every time. They're such toolboxes) and you've realized that how you've been acting was immature and you'll never do it again.

    If you're me, that would be one big ass lie. I dunno about you, though.

    Sometimes (By that I mean very often) you'll get some shitty "I don't care about my job" support staff person who is just going to give you a bullshit copy-paste "read the summoner's code" message. Ignore them and submit another ticket until you get one of the dozens of carebare staff people.

    ANOTHER edit: Okay just as a "funny story" concerning this, my first permban, I told the riot staff person I had been playing on my alts and I wasn't leaving or being rude anymore (This was a total lie, by the way. I had been leaving and cursing just as bad as I was on my main.) and that I turned my act around and he was like "I checked your alts and I can see you have!" and it was just like, "What the fuck??" I never told him who the alt accounts were and he has no way of checking them (even if he did he obviously didn't check them), and he just unbanned me.

    Another time I got out of a two-week ban and the fucking guy actually gave me an ip boost, 350 rp and a weekend-long access to all the heroes.

    This game is the most rewarding game to be banned in that I have ever seen.
    Last edited by JimPaladin; 2012-12-13 at 12:08 PM.

  19. #79
    Uhh yeah.. I'd have punished.

    Typical toxic behavior. Get over it man.

  20. #80
    Punished for what?

    Go ahead and give me a good, true reason I should have been punished in game one.

    Edit: You're lucky I don't have omnipotent powers or I'd implode your brain for saying "Typical toxic behavior". God that term is so stupid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •