Thread: The Tribunal

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    Well I may not agree with or understand everything you guys have said, but if that's what it takes to not get banned anymore, I'll try extra hard to do it.

Thanks for the tips, guys.
    No one will report you for smack talking the other players to your computer screen. I will happily bitch about the retarded supports I get. I just won't type it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    ive reviewed about 360 cases, have an accuracy of 90-91 percent, justice rating of over 9000 (sorry i couldnt resist) and my ranking is around the 400-600 range. im sorry but if you wind up in the tribunal, and you are clearly bitching people out and be very offensive im most likely going to push the punish button. if the people you are playing with are the ones being offensive and youre merely "sticking up" for yourself then i might pardon you but only up to a point. continued dialogue with someone who is toxic makes you toxic. doesnt matter who started it, if theyre offensive and you just cant stand it anymore thats what the mute button is for

10+ Year Old Account
    It always reminds me of little children... "But teach, he started it!" "I don't care. You're both annoying now cut it out."

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    It always reminds me of little children... "But teach, he started it!" "I don't care. You're both annoying now cut it out."
    Childish to be sure, but to me reporting someone for saying 'gg easy' is waaaay more childish.

Childish to be sure, but to me reporting someone for saying 'gg easy' is waaaay more childish.
    Why is it childish to report people for being douchebags?

It's not the playground where the other kids will mock you for telling tales

Deleted
    Duilliath I never actually stated that this things happened to me in the Tribunal but Ingame, further I did not say that this will get you banned, I said this things get you reported by other players, not everytime but it happens. Not only to me but to other players too.

And this happens more often lately then it did a few months ago, I dont know why but it bugs me

Calling someone to fuck off or else is something entirely different so, or whatever insults getting thrown at each other, dont get me wrong, that are people who should be reported.

Edit: concerning the "GG easy :P" thing that got picked up here, I think it should be differed between a dick move "Lol gg easy scrubs" and the light hearted "gg easy :P" or "gg easy "
    I know which one of them I punish when I see it... again People shouldnt report everything.
    Last edited by mmoc574ef4f005; 2012-12-11 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about people saying GG easy. But so far I've not seen a single report where I had to punish them for that one. Every one saying that has also been a dick at other points in either that game or other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Duilliath I never actually stated that this things happened to me in the Tribunal but Ingame, further I did not say that this will get you banned, I said this things get you reported by other players, not everytime but it happens. Not only to me but to other players too.

And this happens more often lately then it did a few months ago, I dont know why but it bugs me

Calling someone to fuck off or else is something entirely different so, or whatever insults getting thrown at each other, dont get me wrong, that are people who should be reported.

Edit: concerning the "GG easy :P" thing that got picked up here, I think it should be differed between a dick move "Lol gg easy scrubs" and the light hearted "gg easy :P" or "gg easy "
    I know which one of them I punish when I see it... again People shouldnt report everything.
    "GG easy" isn't really something you can say light heartedly. If you don't want to be a dick, don't say easy. Just "gg" or "gg wp."

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    "GG easy" isn't really something you can say light heartedly. If you don't want to be a dick, don't say easy. Just "gg" or "gg wp."
    I have seen people bitch at and even threaten to report others for saying "wp" when, in their opinion, their team didn't play well. Sentiments vary wildly, just as offense is a subjective thing. Also, you'll find in 99% of games it's the winning team that says "GG WP", and the losing team that says "GG" or nothing at all. Coincidence? Why would the team that won (and therefore probably played better) be the one doing the congratulating and not the other way around?

To me, it's far worse for a player to harass me or anyone else ("how did you get to this elo?", "gg ff 20 top braindead", "report x") than to swear at me ("wtf are you doing dude" [when I make a mistake} or "fuck off" [if I'm annoying]).
    Last edited by gamhacked; 2012-12-12 at 12:42 AM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, what you say is what everyone should aspire towards, but like I said, there are times it gets to me. If I lash out at someone once every 10, 15 games and play 7-8 out of 10 positive games to whose victorious outcome I contribute, I will still get banned. And that's what's wrong with it. My problem is that there's no counterweight to negative behavior - it's too much to ask a player to be an angel 24/7, as we're only human. I don't mind the occasional 3 or 6 day time out, but a permanent ban, which I know is an eventual reality, is just unacceptable.

A toxic remark, yes. But does one remark make me a toxic player? If you're angry one day of the month, does that characterize you as an angry person?
    Sounds like you just need to take a break once in a while. If you have a streak of winning games and then flip out over one person then I think what you really need is to step away from the computer, get a drink, have a smoke, w/e it takes to calm you down.

Never been to tribunal so ... not afraid. If you really can't stand somebody in the game you just press the little ignore button and voala.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I'm in the same boat. I am mainly rage at AFKERS.

My Jungle account got banned for 3 days, because I told Shaco to get out of my jungle bitch, AFTER he called me a Cunt Bag. Then called me an asshole, when I caught him on my Red again, and I said SCIENCE BITCH!

You can say Bitch on TV. Sorry that doesn't constitute volatile. It isn't unsportsmanlike if the person is calling you names first.

I want a motion passed.

You leave a game, trigger the AFK flag, trigger the game to filter chat, aka saying something that needs to filtered, if you have filter text off, you lose your privileges to report someone for 24 hours. That isn't serious at all. Same with the Tribunal, you even get temp banned once, you forfeit your Tribunal status forever. You should only get to use the Code if you follow the Code. Seems only fair. Let's see how many reports we'd have then. My guess isn't many, because regardless of what others might say in this thread, there would be none voting here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Far as I can gather from Lyte, it's the 'best' summoners in the Tribunal. Most of the ragers/kids go there once, then don't return due to lack of return on investment.

Not sure how accurate that is, but looking at those who claim to use it on these forums and their status/posts, it seems fairly accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Far as I can gather from Lyte, it's the 'best' summoners in the Tribunal. Most of the ragers/kids go there once, then don't return due to lack of return on investment.

Not sure how accurate that is, but looking at those who claim to use it on these forums and their status/posts, it seems fairly accurate.
    Not getting what I am saying, it's not just the Tribunal, but the ACTUAL report function is taken away from you if you trigger an event. Maybe you get a stacking debuff on the ability to use the function, up to 24 hours. If you have the chat filter functions off, it stays debuffed until you put on the filter. You cannot expose yourself to filth then complain your eyes hurt.

You shouldn't get to report someone if you are unsportsmanlike for starters. My guess is, there isn't a person here that would get to report people for most games.

Hell let's add the words to the filter, noob, nub, wtf, ftw, gg(as it can be taken as insulting depending you usage) acronyms to not acceptable. Let go ahead and put the question Why? in there. Because what is the point in asking, all it does to provoke people into getting snide, derails the game, and isn't your business anyways. Just play the game remember?!?!?!

I'm being totally serious here. Anyone can say ANYONE is being rude or unsportsman, for just about ANYTHING. We need an honest system here, and the system currently isn't honest, as the potential for abuse.

You remove the function of being able to bait someone, then report them. I'm game for keeping my mouth shut and playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Language does not work that way.

"Man, you're such a fucking noob, uninstall and go play tetris" vs "Man, I'm playing like a fucking noob, keep missing CS left right and centre".

One is perfectly fine. Can you guess which one?

Deleted
    Gamhacked, your english is super amazing, lol. 1+ honor,

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Sounds like you just need to take a break once in a while. If you have a streak of winning games and then flip out over one person then I think what you really need is to step away from the computer, get a drink, have a smoke, w/e it takes to calm you down.
    Yeah, that hit me a while back, and now I only play ranked games when I'm almost 100% sure I'm so revoltingly positive I won't do anything to offend anyone. =) But then there's Dominion... Ugh, Dominion - a mode I love containing a thousand components that arouse my ire. I play Dominion to relax and screw around but it turns out the players there are roughly at my ranked level, so if I don't play seriously I end up losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Not getting what I am saying, it's not just the Tribunal, but the ACTUAL report function is taken away from you if you trigger an event. Maybe you get a stacking debuff on the ability to use the function, up to 24 hours. If you have the chat filter functions off, it stays debuffed until you put on the filter. You cannot expose yourself to filth then complain your eyes hurt.

You shouldn't get to report someone if you are unsportsmanlike for starters. My guess is, there isn't a person here that would get to report people for most games.

Hell let's add the words to the filter, noob, nub, wtf, ftw, gg(as it can be taken as insulting depending you usage) acronyms to not acceptable. Let go ahead and put the question Why? in there. Because what is the point in asking, all it does to provoke people into getting snide, derails the game, and isn't your business anyways. Just play the game remember?!?!?!

I'm being totally serious here. Anyone can say ANYONE is being rude or unsportsman, for just about ANYTHING. We need an honest system here, and the system currently isn't honest, as the potential for abuse.

You remove the function of being able to bait someone, then report them. I'm game for keeping my mouth shut and playing the game.
    This needs to be emphasized and repeated until it's implemented. Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    Gamhacked, your english is super amazing, lol. 1+ honor,
    Thanks, dude. Writing is easier than speaking, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    "GG easy" isn't really something you can say light heartedly.
    This. If you say "gg easy", you are intent on being a dick.
    There is simply no one today that's naive enough to believe otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    This. If you say "gg easy", you are intent on being a dick.
    There is simply no one today that's naive enough to believe otherwise.
    What about people that say "gg wp" to teams that played badly, even in their own opinion?

What about saying "gg" in a 3v5 game or in one where somebody trolled?

You can stretch this as far as you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about people that say "gg wp" to teams that played badly, even in their own opinion?

What about saying "gg" in a 3v5 game or in one where somebody trolled?

You can stretch this as far as you like.
    It's like a reflex at this point. A hold over from when I played a ton of SC2. I don't even have to think about it. I'm sure it's the same for most people. Win or lose, I will say "gg" unless it was a REALLY terrible game and I'm wicked angry.