Long time tree lost his mojo - Help

I am looking for a second opinion on my Druid's reforge. Currently I am 481iL. I am having to blow everything and work my arse off to do 35k hps where as the shaman and pally in our ten mans are doing 60k-70k hps with less effort. Not used to coming in last in healing done so looking for some advice on my reforge and geming selection.

1. Tank - Life-bloom 3x and rejuv on CD with Swift-mend on CD.
    2. Tank/Raid - Nourish for lite topping off and healing touch for heavy damage.
    3. Raid - Wild Growth is kept on CD during most fights.

Mana is an issue when I go all out to reach the upper 30's in HPS and find myself out of mana and waiting on regen. If I hold back and stay around 25k hps I end fights with around 10 percent.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Shockinglady

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inglady/simple

1. I presume you mean refreshing rejuv not using it on CD, erm, you shouldn't really be using swiftmend purely on the tank on CD, use it if they drop low and it is off CD, otherwise put it on a melee or ranged (if you're are stacked), preferably one with a +healing talent/glyph, I think ferals and perhaps shamans (not sure since I haven't healed this expansion really, in cata Shamans had +bonus healing which effected the heal from swiftmend).

2. Nourish to refresh LB / use it as a filler when theres no other damage going out. Healing touch for heavy damage.. yes on the tank, not so much on the raid, as a resto druid you should really be focusing on rejuving during heavy damage, perhaps using pre-placed shrooms if you're stacked. Let the other healers top players, especially in 10 mans.

3. WG on CD is good.

Your spirit is pretty damn low, I would suggest you regem fully to pure spirit and drop the haste gems. Probably 10-12k spirit is something to aim for, also ending the fight on 10% mana is really good, ending on high mana means you usually have too much spirit.

I haven't healed properly since Firelands so things may have changed.

35k is ooming you? TBH I haven't done a whole lot of raids as on my druid. I did a full clear 10m MV and most of HoF this week on about 475 ilvl, 2-healing every fight. It's possible using 3 healers is just overkill and you're fighting for healing? Druids are a little behind the other classes right now but if you stagger your incarnation and vigil, have good tranqs, and don't blow mana unnecessarily 35k should be a walk in the park. TBH I haven't touched nourish once. Swiftmend on CD is enough to keep mastery up and nourish really isn't worth casting since LB is cheaper to re-apply.

I think the 3-healing thing is your main issue. A good pally rolling EF's will snipe a lot of your heals, as with shaman healing rain/riptide/ch.

**Edit, I didn't notice your spirit but 8k is doable, but if your main issue is OOM then as mudkip said, you should reforge/gem for spirit. I think you may just be trying to hard to fight with 2 other healers when the extra healer isn't necessary. I haven't healed many heroics so maybe you need the third in those but I'm betting you don't...
    Last edited by Mooji; 2012-12-11 at 07:08 PM.

You forgot the simple/advanced part for linking your armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inglady/simple

If you have the money and want to min/max that last little bit, try finding a way to switch as many of your gems to be granting intellect is some fashion (int/haste, int/mastery, or int/spirit), then reforge as need be to hit the haste threshold. However, that's really not going to change your performance to other healers that much.

1. Swiftmend tanks only as an emergency or if no raid damage is going out. Use OOC procs to hit them with regrowth (I don't use the glyph as a raid healer but for tank healing I would)
    2. Nourish = no. While a very efficient heal, raid damage for this tier doesn't favor long cast weak heals. I only use it to get Harmony active before a pull.
    3. WG + Rejuv + Swiftmend for raid, swiftmending the most stacked area if you can. While it's hard for Harmony to fall off, never cast HoTs if you can avoid it w/o Harmony up.

For your glyphs: Drop Rejuvenation for Wild Growth or Regrowth, depending on if you want a 100% living seed per regrowth. Don't know if that's more powerful for 10 man than 25, but I don't bother with the glyph as I mentioned. May also want to get Feline Grace minor glyph in case future encounters drop us from an elevation so you don't have to shift to cat to mitigate some fall damage.

For your talents: Seem fine enough to me. I go with HotW instead of NV since it's nice for knocking a bit of boss health off during light-no raid damage phases.

As for comparing yourself to other healers: If you're with a disc priest or holy paladin, chances are they'll make you look terrible on the hps meter just because they can snipe most of your healing (direct vs hot) and can absorb people, which further increases their hps (very rare that absorbs go to waste, so little overhealing from that). The disparity decreases if you use fewer healers, but unless you really outgear them, they're just bad at their class, or you're cheesing certain mechanics (hey Tsulong Day Phase) druids aren't going to be topping the meters.

If your raid doesn't have a balance druid, you all may want to just consider 2 healing everything, using you for a 3rd healer as need be. More dps = less overall hps needed and faster boss kills.

Edit: As for innervate, you should be using that as soon as you hit ~70% to get as much use from it per encounter.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc9a58a87011; 2012-12-11 at 07:32 PM.

good stuff thanks. Nice to see I was not completely off base. We have dropped two healers but I am wanting to keep my spot in the healing team. but it would seem that I am fighting an up hill battle

Quote Originally Posted by fyl View Post
    lol the truth will set you free

jkjk. I'm sure you'd be fine 2-healing if you had to OP, but as other posters said you aren't going to be able to snipe as well as other classes so in a situation with a 3rd(unnecessary) healers, you're screwed :P

Deleted
    From the last 4 weeks, data is taken from raidbots.com, druids are not in a good place right now

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_...edian/#fo00000
    Last edited by mmoc9a58a87011; 2012-12-11 at 08:00 PM.

Thread title is interesting and potentially misleading.

Deleted
    Here is the data form 10 normal and 25 normal for the last 30 days.

Agree with the other posters that you probably have too many healers, and that is hurting your through-put.

Being that far behind suggests to me CD usage is part of it. A lot encounters are pretty bursty. Have a plan for how you are going to use your CDs to get the most out of them.

The OP is a 10 man raider. Should probably post the 10 man raid-bots rather then the 25 man. Druids still towards the bottom, but not the bottom.

Iv'e rolled a tree druid since I created my very first one in vanilla. I at the risk of sounding full of it, have been a top healer. Being at the bottom of the healing pool in my guild in our ten mans have made be start to question my play. So I am sorry if my thread title is misleading to you but I think its pretty much straight forward. My "mojo" (i.e. my healing) seems lost...

I'm not sure how you struggle with hps at that gear level. My dudu is 469 ilvl and does around 40k hps, sometimes 45k if it's a healing intensive fight. A lot of good advice has been given in the previous posts, so I'll tackle another problem that you need to face. Healing is not about numbers, hps done and being the first. It's about team work. Druids may be weaker when it comes to raw healing, but they're quite good at assisting your other healers. I'm a bit disappointed myself that I can't keep up with palas, monks and other healers. Sometimes, I wish I just played my paladin instead. After leveling the druid to 90 and doing some dailies, I can't be bothered with a reroll.

Also, nourish is not a bad ability at all. I'm not sure why so many druids disregard it. I use it quite often to be honest, especially when the tanks take some damage while the raid manages with wild growth and some rejuvenations. Nourish crits for 70-75k for me, and that's very good for an ability that barely has a mana cost.

If you don't like your druid, I suggest picking another healer. I still hope for some buffs, or at least a rework of our current mechanics. Effloresence should be as good as healing raid, and wild growth should get a serious bump in healing, like 100% or so. At roughly 4k ticks, it's just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    I'm not sure how you struggle with hps at that gear level. My dudu is 469 ilvl and does around 40k hps, sometimes 45k if it's a healing intensive fight. A lot of good advice has been given in the previous posts, so I'll tackle another problem that you need to face. Healing is not about numbers, hps done and being the first. It's about team work. Druids may be weaker when it comes to raw healing, but they're quite good at assisting your other healers. I'm a bit disappointed myself that I can't keep up with palas, monks and other healers. Sometimes, I wish I just played my paladin instead. After leveling the druid to 90 and doing some dailies, I can't be bothered with a reroll.

Also, nourish is not a bad ability at all. I'm not sure why so many druids disregard it. I use it quite often to be honest, especially when the tanks take some damage while the raid manages with wild growth and some rejuvenations. Nourish crits for 70-75k for me, and that's very good for an ability that barely has a mana cost.

If you don't like your druid, I suggest picking another healer. I still hope for some buffs, or at least a rework of our current mechanics. Effloresence should be as good as healing raid, and wild growth should get a serious bump in healing, like 100% or so. At roughly 4k ticks, it's just terrible.
    I disregard Nourish because of its cast time. Same time frame I could have done Healing Touch, 2 instant GCD abilities, or 1 Regrowth + 1 instant GCD ability. Also because I'm likely to have that heal get sniped by another healer's AoE or faster direct heal.

Valid points Trubo. However, nourish is not supposed to be a big heal that saves lives. It's just a filler to use when you already have the hots rolling and the tanks are in no danger of dying. Your solution works great for burst damage when you have to take out the big heals. However, when the damage is constant on tanks, swiftmend is on CD and no clearcasting procs, nourish is a good alternative, especially if you spam it. It's just a situational ability, however.

Agreed, but normally if I'm in that situation, I just stop casting so I can regen a bit more mana to prepare for the bursty parts, which an overwhelming majority of the current tier feels like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Agreed, but normally if I'm in that situation, I just stop casting so I can regen a bit more mana to prepare for the bursty parts, which an overwhelming majority of the current tier feels like.
    Yeah. When there isnt much tank damage you may as well just not cast anything because your HoTs can actually heal that for you. (OR PLACE SOME MUSHROOMS YEAH!) It is however hard to get out of the DS habit of always spamming something because you litterally could only oom if you try your hardest to.