Thread: Which trinket?

Deleted

Which trinket?

Hello fellow brewmasters! Ive been looking around the internet for some informations regarding trinkets.. I just won [Stuff of Nightmares] (LFR) and was wondering if it is any better than my currently trinkets, which is [Bitterest Balebrew Charm] (Brewfest) and [Terror in the Mists] (LFR).

- As far as I know, mastery is not that great for brewmasters? Well, compared to the need of stamina? At the moment I have 496k hp unbuffed. Thank you for your time and effort!

Best regards,
    Selonthyx

10+ Year Old Account
    Terror in the Mists for sure, neither of the other two are that good you'd benefit from checking Xuen trinket prices on your server.

If I had to pick between the other two I'd go with Nightmares to at least have a technically tank CD for us.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    Thank you for reply! Sad as it sounds, can't use nightmare as CD as it procs But you would go for Nightmare instead of brewfest? Xuen is pretty high at the moment, so I am gonna wait

Best regards,
    Selonthyx

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the static +stam from the other trinket is going to do very little for you in early raiding. Mastery improves how much damage you will stagger and dodge is well.. dodge it just suffers diminishing returns that other trinkets don't.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    I got TinM today. God-damn I'm in love.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Yes the static +stam from the other trinket is going to do very little for you in early raiding. Mastery improves how much damage you will stagger and dodge is well.. dodge it just suffers diminishing returns that other trinkets don't.
    So don't stack stamina early or is there a suggested STA lvl to get to before prioritizing other stats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wushin View Post
    So don't stack stamina early or is there a suggested STA lvl to get to before prioritizing other stats?
    i488 and downed H Gara'jal in like 3 attempts with zero stam/mastery stacking. I stopped using the stam meta in the 470's and have never equipped a stam trinket for any fight including normal Will/Empress/Sha.

I don't see any use for stam until the harder heroic fights or maybe if you are really undergeared.
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by wushin View Post
    There isn't really a suggested stamina level. For most boss fights, you get enough on your regular gear without needing to worry about gearing for it. That said, for those boss fights which DO benefit from higher stamina levels, just keep a couple stam trinkets in your bags and swap to them. Easy.

Save this, keep it close, come back to it when you have questions about which item is better.

You're welcome.

http://www.icy-veins.com/brewmaster-...t-best-in-slot

*moon walks away*
    Last edited by Smashpanda; 2012-12-15 at 01:37 AM.
    Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashpanda View Post
    Save this, keep it close, come back to it when you have questions about which item is better.

You're welcome.

http://www.icy-veins.com/windwalker-...t-best-in-slot
    *moon walks away*
    You might want to moonwalk back. He was asking about Brewmasters not Windwalkers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashpanda View Post

You're welcome.

http://www.icy-veins.com/windwalker-...t-best-in-slot

*moon walks away*
    Not sure why you linked that, it's nothing close to a BiS list.

" "People can say all the BS they want about "encounters weren't that hard back then people just didnt know what was going on" well that argument is like saying "getting to california in the early 1800 wasnt hard, people just didnt know how the !$@% to build cars" " - hazer221

Quote Originally Posted by Loktarok View Post
    You might want to moonwalk back. He was asking about Brewmasters not Windwalkers.
    Fixed.

- http://www.icy-veins.com/brewmaster-...t-best-in-slot
    Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming

A BiS list that includes no gear outside of Mogu'shan and is essentially just 'some guy's' opinion, not too useful I'm afraid.

Deleted
    Icy-veins sucks when it comes to best-in-slot lists. In fact it's not even a BIS list, it's just items linked, sorted by their item level.
    Now when it comes to trinkets, for tanks it's going to vary a lot from fight to fight, but safe bets are the Bottle from Elegon (agility proc that has over 40% uptime) and Terror in the Mists should work pretty well for normal modes. For certain hard-hitting heroic fights equipping other trinkets with mastery/stamina will be better, whereas mechanics on other fights might skew the values of crit and haste to be really good. Basically, keeping a stock of 5+ trinkets for tanks is preferable.