Thread: Gearing Alts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    the gear upgrade system is easily one of the most stupid things blizz has ever come up with, for both pve and pvp.
    That soooooo much.

    I really really really hope they go back on it next season because it is immensely stupid.

  2. #22
    Item upgrade shouldn't apply to PvP gear. I can see how it works for PvE, and love being able to spend VP on my alts without having to grind dailies for faction gear. But when it comes to PvP it can really give someone the advantage when they have above average gear from upgrading.

  3. #23
    I didn't read any of the previous posts - but the current system is perfect for me since I don't have any alts. The system helps my main to kill your alts. Nothing wrong in my eyes.

  4. #24
    A solution to this problem has already been designed and implemented. But unfortunately, it hasn't worked out as planned.

    One of the goals for this xpac was to make PvEing with PvP gear and PvPing with PvE gear work slightly better. Seeing how blizzard keeps making higher iLvl PvE items more accessible as players gear up, it would make perfect sense for PvP alts to gear up in PvE really quickly and start PvPing with decent gear at any point in any season.

    The PvEing with PvP gear part worked out well, but the PvPing with PvE didn't. Why is that?
    I blame the baseline resilience. By adding the baseline resil, they were hoping for PvE characters to take less dmg in PvP. But what did they really achive? They pretty much increased the effectiveness of every additionnal point of resillience by 66.67%. Creating a much bigger gap between PvP gear and PvE gear.

    This might sound crazy, but mathematicaly speaking, they would have to get rid of resilience completely (or make it a lot less powerful) and apply a flat 50% less dmg done in PvP to all characters.

    If they did that, you would be able to do LFR a couple of times, and you'd be set for arena.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I didn't read any of the previous posts - but the current system is perfect for me since I don't have any alts. The system helps my main to kill your alts. Nothing wrong in my eyes.
    so what about your main killing my main because i can't cap out my currency because my spec isn't welcome in rbgs?

    the whole system is flawed.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    watch out, we have a badass over here.

    i know i speak for of a lot of people when i say i just don't have much interest in things outside of raiding or pvp. i'm not interested in grinding rep any more then i need to to get the gear i need, i'm not interested in transmog gear, or pets or any of the other minutiae and time wasters in the game. i'm certainly not interested in doing non raid content in order to cap my raid currency.

    people shouldn't be forced to do rbgs or dallies to cap out their currency in order to remain competitive. i thought this xpac was all about how YOU want to play? i want to raid and i want to do arena, i don't want to do busy work for pandas or rbgs.
    You must have missed where you can cap out valor without doing dailies. 450 from LFR and 640 from normal raids. If you can't cap it that way there are ways to cap it otherwise.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    so what about your main killing my main because i can't cap out my currency because my spec isn't welcome in rbgs?

    the whole system is flawed.
    I had the very same problem during cataclysm. And I agree that players should be playing whatever they enjoy and not being forced to do things in order to stay competitive. However I have no sympathy for someones fifth alt.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You must have missed where you can cap out valor without doing dailies. 450 from LFR and 640 from normal raids. If you can't cap it that way there are ways to cap it otherwise.
    why would i be doing lfr if i have access to normal and heroic mode gear? why would i be doing 5 mans when i need no gear for them? why would i be doing faction dallies when i'm already exalted?

    none of this is raid content, i shouldn't be required to do non raid content to cap out my raid currency.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    why would i be doing lfr if i have access to normal and heroic mode gear? why would i be doing 5 mans when i need no gear for them? why would i be doing faction dallies when i'm already exalted?

    none of this is raid content, i shouldn't be required to do non raid content to cap out my raid currency.
    Valor is not raid currency. Can it upgrade raid gear? Yes. Is it required for raiding? No.

  10. #30
    2 things.

    1. Get rid of the RBG special cap. Just make it an overall cap. Isn't an problem for my main as my rating is high enough to be able to get enough points anyway but my alts aren't doing any RBG's.

    2. How about not completly taking away the chance to get points of a week. For example instead of completly rolling it back you're allowed to get 2/3 or so of the points per week the season is running even on a later date. People who were constantly active would still have an advantage especially if they had a higher rating but alts wouldn't be completly barred from gearing up.

    Someone who plays each week below 1500~ would have an cap of 1,8k per week. So they could get 3,6 in two weeks, 5,4 in three weeks and so on if they capped points of each week.

    Someone who starts an week late could get the 1800 for the current week and 1200 from the last week. So if they'd start three weeks late they'd lose 1200 points and could get 4,2 instead of the 5,4k someone who capped each week could get. They'd still be at an disadvantage but at least could somewhat gear up and have a chance to eventually catch up to the main field at some points.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Valor is not raid currency. Can it upgrade raid gear? Yes. Is it required for raiding? No.
    so you've gone from saying my limited play time renders me noncompetitive to saying you don't need to cap out and upgrade your gear to remain competitive?
    make up your mind!
    valor is currency you use to purchase and upgrade raid quality gear, you earn it in raids, it is raid currency.

    and even if valor wasn't raid currency my point still remains about conquest.

    i can't cap out my conquest with out being forced to do rbgs. i should be able to be able to cap out from arena alone, this is rated pvp currency, i should be able to completely cap it out by doing any form of rated pvp, not required to do a specific form of it to cap it out.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    valor is currency you use to purchase and upgrade raid quality gear, you earn it in raids, it is raid currency.
    I disagree that it's a raid currency. My opinion is that valor is a non raid pve currency. It gives the best gear available for non raiders and is only used to do optional item upgrades for raiders.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    I disagree that it's a raid currency. My opinion is that valor is a non raid pve currency. It gives the best gear available for non raiders and is only used to do optional item upgrades for raiders.
    the upgrades are not optional for raiders.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    so you've gone from saying my limited play time renders me noncompetitive to saying you don't need to cap out and upgrade your gear to remain competitive?
    make up your mind!
    valor is currency you use to purchase and upgrade raid quality gear, you earn it in raids, it is raid currency.

    and even if valor wasn't raid currency my point still remains about conquest.

    i can't cap out my conquest with out being forced to do rbgs. i should be able to be able to cap out from arena alone, this is rated pvp currency, i should be able to completely cap it out by doing any form of rated pvp, not required to do a specific form of it to cap it out.
    If you earn it in raids why are you bitching about having to do non raid things to cap it?

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 01:56 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    the upgrades are not optional for raiders.
    Unless you are in a top 10 guild hoping to break into the top spot then yes they are optional.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    If you earn it in raids why are you bitching about having to do non raid things to cap it?
    because i can't cap it in raids, i have to do lfr/dallies/5mans to cap it completely.

    Unless you are in a top 10 guild hoping to break into the top spot then yes they are optional.
    not being in the top 10 doesn't make you take progression any less seriously, in fact it probably makes you take gear nitpicking even more seriously because gear compensates for reflexes/motor control/ping.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    And why shouldn't people that have already invested their time into the game be able to dominate a person with little to no gear just starting out? What do you expect, hand-me-outs?
    posts like this are so fucking retarded.
    the keyboard-turning, backpaddeling idiot who basically oneshots my alt sure did not invest more time into the game. he prolly played it 1 month longer THIS season. he prolly qued into abusers of the arena fucking bugged shit and got to 3k. then his teams rating got reset to 2.2k. hes prolly sitting on that rating and gathered thousands of conquest points for free. hes fucking bad, im juking all his interrupts and still his t2 weapon gives me (in upgraded honor gear) no chance. this is just an example but it shows you that timeinvestment is a retarded argument.

  17. #37
    Well they don't want to give you too many catchup options because then there's no reason to play your alt at all.

    Just suffer in HP gear for a while... it's the same every expansion...

    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    the gear upgrade system is easily one of the most stupid things blizz has ever come up with, for both pve and pvp.

    was it really that hard to put things on the vendors for people to buy wit the excess conquest? l
    And then people go on the forums QQing about how they don't care about trade goods and only play to improve their gear.

    Blizzard can't win really.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    because i can't cap it in raids, i have to do lfr/dallies/5mans to cap it completely.
    So if it can be gotten from means other than raiding why do you assume that it is a raid currency any longer?

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Just suffer in HP gear for a while... it's the same every expansion...
    its not, since not theres upgrades, obv.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Unless you are in a top 10 guild hoping to break into the top spot then yes they are optional.
    More like a top 1000 guild if you want to play one of the not particularily desired specs.

    Back ages ago I used to do recruitement for a really average heroic mode guild perpetually failing at LK 25 hc, we would give a trial to almost any priest healer, paladin healer, mage or warlock that applied even if they had no enchants, raid experience or keybinds. But then we'd have a melee DPS with a Shadowmourne and tons of realm first FoSes applying and we'd still debate whether we can actually fit in one more when we already have too many.

    Probably the same thing now. Upgrades are indeed likely completely optional for priests applying to not too serious heroic mode guilds but not at all optional for Windwalkers...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •