Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    I really do abhor the new LFR loot system.

    I think I must have the worst luck in the world. I run every section of LFR on 3 of my toons every week. I MAYBE win something once a week, but when I do, it's ALWAYS a piece for a slot that I don't even need. I've won 3 pairs of LFR boots on my mage, and a cloak on my lock, when I'm wearing a 496 cloak.

    Overall, I find this system incredibly frustrating, and just wanted to vent my frustrations/bad luck.

  2. #2
    Immortal Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,176
    At the beginning I hated it too, but I already have 4 T14 pieces and my Sha-touched weapon. I don't need anything from Mogushan anymore and barely anything from the other raids, because they only drop 483 and you get 489/496 for Valor. I also have 3 T14 pieces on my alt I've only been doing LFR for 2 weeks with. The coins really help a lot.

    And I'm not even particularly lucky. I've had weeks where I didn't get anything from all 16 bosses and the coin rolls. I've had weeks where I got 2-3 pieces for the same slot. I've had weeks where the only items I got were ones I already had. It still goes so fast if you really do it every week. Give it 1-2 months and you'll have a few good pieces, especially if you're doing it on multiple characters. I think if the drop chance was higher or they'd eliminate the chance to get an item you don't need, it would be so fast people would have every piece they want way to quickly.
    Last edited by Nindoriel; 2012-12-12 at 12:01 AM.

  3. #3
    ARGGHH

    Case in point: Just finished empress on LFR. Roll for a chance at loot, win the legs... when I already have normal tier legs. I would rather win nothing at all, than have to DE all the crap that I win that I can't use.

  4. #4
    Double Gold 3x a week, gold from everything else. Max 1 item per week the past two weeks. And last week was a second bracer the exact same as the week before.

  5. #5
    Keep running LFR as many times as you have coins to drop.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

  6. #6
    Immortal Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,176
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    ARGGHH

    Case in point: Just finished empress on LFR. Roll for a chance at loot, win the legs... when I already have normal tier legs. I would rather win nothing at all, than have to DE all the crap that I win that I can't use.
    That in the end is really just bad luck. Could have happened in the old system too. Legs drop when you don't need them.

  7. #7
    It's either this or some BR wins what you want and uses it as trade fodder for something else.
    Either way you have the potential to get fucked over, just this way it's not other people fucking you over.

  8. #8
    The Patient Arainie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    254
    At least it's better than idiots stealing gear for their disenchant/vendor spec just because they CAN need on it!

  9. #9
    Legendary! Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, Earth, Sol Star System, Milkyway Galaxy
    Posts
    6,847
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    ARGGHH

    Case in point: Just finished empress on LFR. Roll for a chance at loot, win the legs... when I already have normal tier legs. I would rather win nothing at all, than have to DE all the crap that I win that I can't use.

    are you mad ?


    Lets see.
    A Bag of gold, 28g50s
    A Sha Crystal worth at least 10 times the amount.

  10. #10
    Old system was much more fulfilling, and I feel I geared up far faster with it too.

    It was win/win, the only people who didn't seem to like it were those who felt personally offended when people wanted to be a dick and roll for/sell stuff.

  11. #11
    Yeah, I miss the option to NOT roll on what I don't need so that someone else can have it. This system assumes that everyone is selfish, and while a lot of people are, I do think more people chose to NOT roll on what they didn't need rather than need roll on what they already had, that gave people who didn't have a greater chance. Now it's pure RNG, the lucky get something, the unlucky get nothing. I know I saw a number of people pass on things that they could have used, and I ended up with it in Dragon Soul, and I know I passed a great many things for others in the same way. Now I can win the same ring three weeks in a row and just have to vendor it, while the guy next to me wishes he had it, way to assume the worst of people Blizzard, let's take the option for generosity and kindness out of the game.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    I think I must have the worst luck in the world. I run every section of LFR on 3 of my toons every week. I MAYBE win something once a week, but when I do, it's ALWAYS a piece for a slot that I don't even need. I've won 3 pairs of LFR boots on my mage, and a cloak on my lock, when I'm wearing a 496 cloak.

    Overall, I find this system incredibly frustrating, and just wanted to vent my frustrations/bad luck.
    Either you hate how you have bad RNG or you hate the system because you basically can't have loot handed (via friend stacking in raid) / have someone give it to you (that you didn't know). Either way you don't hate the system because you don't get any drops. Every time someone complains about the new system and how they don't get any loot are too blind to realize it's the exact same system as before. Except this time you have a higher chance of loot (due to other's ninja'ing) and the only time your odds were decreased was if you were one of the people who brought 5-10 people in the raid just so you could get one piece or bribed the guy who got the piece you wanted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Axi View Post
    Old system was much more fulfilling, and I feel I geared up far faster with it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axi View Post

    It was win/win, the only people who didn't seem to like it were those who felt personally offended when people wanted to be a dick and roll for/sell stuff.


    It was "fulfilling and felt like gearing up faster" because you did gear up faster because you either A) Had people roll for you or B) bribed others to trade you stuff that they won.

    If you didn't do either of the two then you should be now gearing up more quickly because you don't have others to ninja the gear.

    People just need to remove their rose tinted glasses.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    I think I must have the worst luck in the world. I run every section of LFR on 3 of my toons every week. I MAYBE win something once a week, but when I do, it's ALWAYS a piece for a slot that I don't even need. I've won 3 pairs of LFR boots on my mage, and a cloak on my lock, when I'm wearing a 496 cloak.

    Overall, I find this system incredibly frustrating, and just wanted to vent my frustrations/bad luck.
    I hope this means you hated the old system since this easily could have happened to you in the old system. Or worse someone would have won the piece you wanted. Suck it up the new system is fine.

  14. #14
    High Overlord Codyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Meet me at Adams Morgan
    Posts
    148
    Lol, with LFR you should be lucky you have anything.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo17 View Post
    Yeah, I miss the option to NOT roll on what I don't need so that someone else can have it. This system assumes that everyone is selfish, and while a lot of people are, I do think more people chose to NOT roll on what they didn't need rather than need roll on what they already had, that gave people who didn't have a greater chance. Now it's pure RNG, the lucky get something, the unlucky get nothing. I know I saw a number of people pass on things that they could have used, and I ended up with it in Dragon Soul, and I know I passed a great many things for others in the same way. Now I can win the same ring three weeks in a row and just have to vendor it, while the guy next to me wishes he had it, way to assume the worst of people Blizzard, let's take the option for generosity and kindness out of the game.
    I doubt you played in DS if you really think the old system wasn't a problem. Or did you just try your hardest to avoid all the bitching that went on about people stealing other peoples gear? Too many people ARE selfish pricks and they forced Blizzard's hand, not hte other way around.

    The new system improves on the old one, people just want to bitch about something and are too stupid to realize the new system isnt the reason they aren't getting loot.

  16. #16
    I prefer not winning anything or getting gold over that some giant douche needs and wins for his offspecc or just to vendor it
    Ive gotten gear faster with new system than with the old on 2 of my 3chars i do LFR with
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3

  17. #17
    Been playing for seven years actually, and yeah, Dragon Soul LFR was full of problems. People certainly did bitch and complain, but at least we had the option to pass/give away what we didn't need. Do you really think that having no choice is better than some kind of option? I won my second pair of shoes in Terrace LFR today, I had to DE them rather then pass them to someone else, that is not an improvement, I went with a friend who could have used them, but I couldn't give them away.

  18. #18
    Immortal Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    are you mad ?


    Lets see.
    A Bag of gold, 28g50s
    A Sha Crystal worth at least 10 times the amount.
    It's a bad feeling to know you've feeling won something, and then it's something you can't use.

  19. #19
    More often than not the old LFR system had horrible results, I would argue that they were much worse. Having guild groups come in and all roll to secure an item for one of their guildies made me feel Utterly hopeless. You may as well leave in that situation because iif your item did happen to drop, you wouldn't stand a chance. There was also the issue of howw many people were in your teir/role. 17 in your teir? Time to leave. And then there were the people who held items hostage to trade or ninja'd them. It was a mess partially caused by community, and part by what classes/roles you matched up with. It was terrrible and while the new system can feel bad at times, I prefur it 100%.

  20. #20
    If they gave me the option to disenchant the shitty duplicates that I'm plagued with I wouldn't mind so much.

    Until then system is garbage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •