Thread: AMoC Stacking

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

AMoC Stacking

Okay so I got into an argument with my friend last night, Seeing as I haven't ran SV since MoP, and he plays it all the time i was wondering what his opener, and general focus problems are...and he told me he stacked AMoC, which I was under the understanding that, that would be a complete waste of about 20 secs or so worth of a DoT from the original AMoC, but he swares up and down it doubles his dmg when he stacks it, so I figured i'd come here and voice this argument to get the consensus of the general hunter party.

Stacking AmoC on 1 target does not work. 1 full duration does 30 hits, if you do twice in a row, you will see it will be around 36 hits total. (if they didnt change it in the last week or something)

You have to wait until the initial A Murder of Crows drops off before applying it a second time, or find an alternate target that will live for 30+ seconds to use it on. Like using it on both boss mobs on Will of the Emperor, multiple Stone Guards, Garalon legs (depending on how fast your group can kill them? Not the best idea), Wind Lord and his adds, maybe on the Constructs on Amber Shaper, or pointless padding on Protectors (where I ranked 17th as Survival woo!).

I already knew this, but i'll direct my friend to this thread lol. and Gz on the rank He gets all excited when he ranks in the top 50, so I figured, id roll a Sv spec and beat em out

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    You have to wait until the initial A Murder of Crows drops off before applying it a second time, or find an alternate target that will live for 30+ seconds to use it on. Like using it on both boss mobs on Will of the Emperor, multiple Stone Guards, Garalon legs (depending on how fast your group can kill them? Not the best idea), Wind Lord and his adds, maybe on the Constructs on Amber Shaper, or pointless padding on Protectors (where I ranked 17th as Survival woo!).
    I remember ranking 8 BM hunter on that when the raid first came out and of course, I did that =D.

I don't really want to do that anymore since it lines up with the 4 piece perfectly and that would just mess it up.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I remember ranking 8 BM hunter on that when the raid first came out and of course, I did that =D.

I don't really want to do that anymore since it lines up with the 4 piece perfectly and that would just mess it up.

On the other hand positioning yourself so that Glaive Toss (or Barrage if you will) hits everything is also meter padding but perfectly justified by higher chance to proc trinkets So you do more DPS in order to do even more DPS

I will have to test this again... but I believe you can only have one AMoC out at any given time. I remember casting it on one target, then casted it on another target. It was then removed from the first target to only be on the second target.

Hah I logged in last night and my friend instantly messaged me saying how he felt like a dumbass, ahh well at least he listens to me, granted im the one who taught him how to play his hunter well, and it's good to see him ranking in fights.
    @Puerto, You can have 2 AMoC's up at the same time, take Will like Jeremy mentioned, as soon as the two bosses spawn, ill top my 5 min CDs and such to get some inital burn, while putting AMoC on both targs, then i run SS on both of them across the entire fight as well now since the dmg of it got increased accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by thesetbackback View Post
    Hah I logged in last night and my friend instantly messaged me saying how he felt like a dumbass, ahh well at least he listens to me, granted im the one who taught him how to play his hunter well, and it's good to see him ranking in fights.
    @Puerto, You can have 2 AMoC's up at the same time, take Will like Jeremy mentioned, as soon as the two bosses spawn, ill top my 5 min CDs and such to get some inital burn, while putting AMoC on both targs, then i run SS on both of them across the entire fight as well now since the dmg of it got increased accordingly
    Well f*** me if that is true LOL. I will be testing on the dummies when I get home.

Apparently Puerto doesn't know how to scumbag DPS...

speaking of which, I should AMoC a second Protector on Protectors.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Apparently Puerto doesn't know how to scumbag DPS...

speaking of which, I should AMoC a second Protector on Protectors.
    I scumbag DPS all the time! lol.. nah.. but I just tested it and setback was right, you can cast it on two different targets.

2 AmoC's up side by side.

I do mean to ask - do the crows have to actually hit the mob, or is it just an animation. My last AMoC on H-Blade Lord comes up right before the 10% switch sides, and when I pop it before, I see all the ravens flying down the hall after him and I have my damage squelched enough that I haven't noticed if it's hitting or not. So I've started delaying it til I get down to the other side, but I don't know if that's a thing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I do mean to ask - do the crows have to actually hit the mob, or is it just an animation. My last AMoC on H-Blade Lord comes up right before the 10% switch sides, and when I pop it before, I see all the ravens flying down the hall after him and I have my damage squelched enough that I haven't noticed if it's hitting or not. So I've started delaying it til I get down to the other side, but I don't know if that's a thing or not.
    The murder is a dot, unlike in beta where they were actual pets attacking your target. Your damage squelched because you were too far away from the boss for recount to actually pick up on your damage from the dot. Though I got to admit, seeing the crows fly down the hall after him is pretty fuckin' sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    The murder is a dot, unlike in beta where they were actual pets attacking your target. Your damage squelched because you were too far away from the boss for recount to actually pick up on your damage from the dot. Though I got to admit, seeing the crows fly down the hall after him is pretty fuckin' sweet.
    AMoC is not a dot, the crows actually DO HIT the target, leaving a debuff on it:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12033&e=12498

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    AMoC is not a dot, the crows actually DO HIT the target, leaving a debuff on it:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12033&e=12498
    Yes, but it still behaves as a DoT, even if it isn't recorded that way or isn't a "true" DoT. The crows can't be "out ranged" like on Ta'yak as was discussed earlier. If you look at your logs for example, on Ta'yak when it gets to the point where the raid DPS begins to drop dramatically (as in, he's flying to the other side) you can also see your AMoC is continuing to hit every 1s.

Good to know. That's bizarre behavior for a spell - animated mobs which hit the target but always hit no matter how fast or far the mob moves away while they look like they're flying after it? LoL.

I am definitely going to be scumbag dpsing when we do our first pulls on Heroic Protectors this week lol.....meter padding hooooooooooooooooooo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    I am definitely going to be scumbag dpsing when we do our first pulls on Heroic Protectors this week lol.....meter padding hooooooooooooooooooo
    Wish I could do that
    I think i would be raped if people noticed ;...;

Is AMoC the best dps talent out of the 3?