Poll: Do you make or reply to threads

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Fun topics or fun stuff topics because I've not seen you around fun stuff, that I can recall
    Fun topics... I go straight to GenOT now when I come to MMO-C (maybe I'm just not very fun >_>). Besides Fun Stuff is so spammy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I usually just observe. But I post much more often than I make threads.

When I do post though, I usually just like to keep it in a class forum where people just look like they're making an ass out of themselves if they're doing anything but being constructive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Fun topics... I go straight to GenOT now when I come to MMO-C (maybe I'm just not very fun >_>). Besides Fun Stuff is so spammy!
    Depends on the thread really
    Some are, some are more on their respective topics. Though generally there isn't any in depth discussion since that's what Gen OT is for

Deleted
    I prefer to post/reply than make a thread, the pressure of making a thread is awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only in really rare cases. I mostly just read. And if I write something down, it is just a reply in 90% of the cases.

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dare say you live here semaphore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I've made about 3,000 posts (including fun stuff posts, which don't show up in post count) and created a grand total of 6 threads. 1 of which was a guild recruitment thread so doesn't really count :P
    So I think it's safe to say I just like to chuck my tuppence worth in, rather than create a topic for discussion myself.
    (No one liked my Christmas tree thread last year )
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer posting in existing threads.

Usually if I make a thread, it falls under one of the following categories.
    -I have a question regarding lore or an addon
    -A poll. I usually regret making these, as I usually forget to add a popular option, and end up with pages of "Fail OP, where is the x option?"
    -A 'fun' thread. I've had one that earned me many cookies, +1s and +internetz, and I've had one that crashed and burned like a Horde gunship.
    -A suggestion. None of mine have been implemented.

Edit: I've only made one thread that lasted 10+ pages, and it's also the only thread of mine that I've unsubscribed from because I was just sick of the arguing in it. I haven't made another thread since.

Edit2: Only one closed thread, though there were a few I considered requesting a mod to close.
    Last edited by Zoma; 2012-12-12 at 03:34 PM.

Deleted
    I reply to threads, and I've made 108 threads in my time here. I also make threads that Majad locks because someone necro's them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    How I Met Your Mother!
    Ahh TV that thing I quit ten years ago.

I made a couple dumb threads a while back, but mostly I just read others and comment. General Off-Topic is a pretty great place to hang out when I'm pretending to work.

And Semaphore, I looked up that thread and I have to give you a lot of credit. There is no way I could make a thread like that and still (figuratively) look everyone in the eye afterward. I know getting all embarrassed over talk about sex is dumb, but I can't help it. +1 internets to you for having far bigger balls than I do.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both - because I'm awesome. I love to spread information and ask questions - and also read others' threads and give my opinions.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Normally just throw my 2 cents in. I do make a thread every now and then if I see fit.

Deleted
    I tend to answer threads rather than make them. I recall making one ages ago about the British Government reinstating the "British Empire medal", and pondering how people would feel about the resurrection of an Imperial Era commendation, but I think it was a bit of an obscure and weird fixation.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've yet to make a thread on this forum. Guess I just prefer replying.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I always get nostalgic feels from listening to the elywnn music. I could hear the crickets and the moon was out, just running through elwynn down to goldshire. So beautiful. I was checking out the tavern, loved the music. Then a night elf asked me to suck his cock for 15s.