Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    The shooter "has been neutralized," Rhodes said, and there is no longer active shooting at the mall. He declined to comment when asked whether the gunman had been killed.
    Was he neutralized with an Iron Man suit?

Sorry, couldn't resist

Lets see. This is another example where gun laws caused the problem, not prevented. Every single one of the mass shootings happens where it is illegal to have a weapon. "Gun free zones" should be renamed Free Fire zones. But lets look at the person pulling the trigger on the gun, not the gun itself. Crazy? check. Illegal possession at location? check. Illegal use of an item? check. Laws of the location preventing innocent people? nope.

There is a trend y'all. Or are you just going to ignore it?

i wonder why the 4 killed execution style in detroit didnt make for good news but this did... odd, isnt it?

I saw this before, apparently this guy too announced it all on 4chan's /b/ before it happened. Also no source but I'm sure I read that he's one of the casualties, fatally shot himself.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMonster View Post
    Cause criminals listen to laws. Just because the said gun control would take guns away that is like saying the drug war has stopped drugs...
    Its not "gun control" if it doesn't actually work. Wackos get guns, wackos use guns. These are not criminals, mobsters, gangsters, etc... They are wackos. Maybe we should try gun control that actually works instead.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sorix View Post
    i wonder why the 4 killed execution style in detroit didnt make for good news but this did... odd, isnt it?
    Post the link then, people won't hear about it unless you spread the word.

10+ Year Old Account
    Post the link then, people won't hear about it unless you spread the word.
    Was that the one they thought was done by an actual criminal? Instead of some wacko walking into a public place and killing whoever happened to get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Miigi View Post
    I actually live 2 miles a way from where it happened. You could hear the sirens and helicopters from my house.
    ya I live just across the river, needless to say my Facebook wall blew up.
    "How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us." - Thrall

Judging by the fact that
    1. other countries with high gun ownership rates have much lower rates of violence than the U.S.
    2. Other countries have similar laws on how to get guns (at least to the state I live in). Let's look at Sweden vs. Ohio. Sweden: Have to be over 18, no arrests in 5 years, have to be part of a gun association, follow their rules, and take a basic class. Ohio: Have to be over 21, no arrests for violent crimes ever, have to take a basic gun training course, can't buy guns from private citizens, guns have to be listed with the state on a registry.

I'm gonna chalk this one up to the U.S. having cultural issues with violence as a whole
    But hey, that's just what I'm judging from this

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Its not "gun control" if it doesn't actually work. Wackos get guns, wackos use guns. These are not criminals, mobsters, gangsters, etc... They are wackos. Maybe we should try gun control that actually works instead.
    Scratch gun control - it's a silly notion on so many levels. In fact, this incident is a case that proves guns are not that dangerous. 60 shots and reports of 2 dead - 1 of which is supposedly the shooter? Really?

...According to the Unified Crime Index, "personal weapons" -- hands, fists and feet -- were used in 31.1 percent of violent crimes. Other dangerous weapons, like golf clubs, hammers and baseball bats were used in 27.8 percent of violent crimes. Firearms were involved in 26.2 percent of violent crimes..."

I'm in favor of a hands, fists, and feet ban personally. Look out non-quadriplegics...new laws are coming to get you.

Next on the agenda: New mandate that golf clubs and baseball bats be made out of marshmallow in an effort to reduce crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    Next on the agenda: New mandate that golf clubs and baseball bats be made out of marshmallow in an effort to reduce crime.
    I would steal your marshmallow bat and nom nom nom on it, so I really doubt it would reduce crime by very much

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Judging by the fact that
    1. other countries with high gun ownership rates have much lower rates of violence than the U.S.
    2. Other countries have similar laws on how to get guns (at least to the state I live in). Let's look at Sweden vs. Ohio. Sweden: Have to be over 18, no arrests in 5 years, have to be part of a gun association, follow their rules, and take a basic class. Ohio: Have to be over 21, no arrests for violent crimes ever, have to take a basic gun training course, can't buy guns from private citizens, guns have to be listed with the state on a registry.

I'm gonna chalk this one up to the U.S. having cultural issues with violence as a whole
    But hey, that's just what I'm judging from this
    Wow! Someone finally gets it!! Bravo!

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 02:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I would steal your marshmallow bat and nom nom nom on it, so I really doubt it would reduce crime by very much
    That would only be a crime if you live in fascist NY where sugar is currently on the list of illegal substances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scratch gun control - it's a silly notion on so many levels. In fact, this incident is a case that proves guns are not that dangerous. 60 shots and reports of 2 dead - 1 of which is supposedly the shooter? Really?

...According to the Unified Crime Index, "personal weapons" -- hands, fists and feet -- were used in 31.1 percent of violent crimes. Other dangerous weapons, like golf clubs, hammers and baseball bats were used in 27.8 percent of violent crimes. Firearms were involved in 26.2 percent of violent crimes..."

I'm in favor of a hands, fists, and feet ban personally. Look out non-quadriplegics...new laws are coming to get you.

The difference here, again, is that wackos don't walk into schools, theaters, malls, rallies, with only their bare hands, baseball bats, or golf clubs, and start killing random people.

cant link. go to cbsnews.com and search for 4 killed execution style.. 3 guys and 1 girl..

love this quote..

The deaths come after Detroit authorities reported that killings are on the rise, with the city eclipsing last year's murder total in less than 11 months. Later Wednesday, Detroit Mayor Dave Bing plans to announce a major public safety initiative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sorix View Post
    cant link. go to cbsnews.com and search for 4 killed execution style.. 3 guys and 1 girl..

love this quote..

The deaths come after Detroit authorities reported that killings are on the rise, with the city eclipsing last year's murder total in less than 11 months. Later Wednesday, Detroit Mayor Dave Bing plans to announce a major public safety initiative.
    Here? The big difference there is "believed the killings were drug-related." As in criminal activity involved. Plus at a private residence. Not wacko walks into a public place and kills random people, made easy with a firearm.

Deleted

This is so naive and ignorant it barely warrants a reply, but here goes:

Tighter gun control in the USA would REDUCE this from "the norm", to a "horrific incident" just like it would be anywhere else in the first world. If you can point me to one story where some one has walked in to a mall / college / work place and punched, kicked or clubbed people to death with golf clubs, your comments may come across as slighty more than the usual bullshit spewed by people who think guns are "harmless".

Please note - I have never said guns should be banned in the USA, I just feel tighter controls / restrictions should be easy enough to implement (compared to a blanket ban) and reduce the shockingly high firearms related homicide rate the USA currently deals with.
    Last edited by mmoc6ea4fad3c3; 2012-12-12 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    Remove idiots ?
    Idiots exists in every country. Though they don't shoot people with guns since they can't get a hold of a gun as easy as in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It is depressing when you live in a first world country and think "Oh just another mall shooting" "Just another school shooting" "Just another public shooting". It's ridiculous.
    You guys are what now... 300+ Millions ppl. Kinda increase the odds of having a moron do that.

You cannot compare it with countries like Canada which are ~35Millions, most of Europe countries, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    You guys are what now... 300+ Millions ppl. Kinda increase the odds of having a moron do that.

You cannot compare it with countries like Canada which are ~35Millions, most of Europe countries, etc.
    Except that it happens more than most European countries put together.

Except that it happens more than most European countries put together.
    Still happens in Canada, '89 Polytech shooting was the worst to my knowledge...

And found this -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting