10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Unpleasant dinner nights from your childhood...Lets share the recipes

Liver night. Not sure where my parents got the liver from but it must of been an inch thick and I wanted to kill myself every time. Tripe night wasn't so bad it was seeing the tripe in the sink all day defrosting..ewww.

Grease bubble soup my drunken step-dad concocted all night after downing a mickey of vodka in 5 minutes in the bathroom. You knew you were in for something horrible.

How about you guys?

15+ Year Old Account
    Extraordinarily greasy hamburger night. I don't know why it was so hard to keep the damn hamburger in the pan for a bit longer to cook off more of the grease, but apparently it was impossible for my past-dad.

Deleted
    Liver
    Kidney
    Mince meat
    Guaranteed if any of them where on my plate as a child I would not be eating any of it.

Edit
    There was some sort of Fish that was bright yellow in color, and absolutely vile. Stank the whole house out.
    Smoked Haddock.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2012-12-12 at 12:12 AM.

Starvation night.

My 12 year old babysitter had the idea to make chicken chips. She cut the chicken into thin strips and cooked for way too long. It looked like beef jerky, and tasted like ASS.

10+ Year Old Account
    My parents liked some nasty pork and apples combo that was horrible.

I also hated shrimp back then, got mad every single time they cooked a shrimp dish. Now I don't hate shrimp, but I don't really care for them either.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I must've been lucky because I can't really remember being forced to eat anything we didn't enjoy. The main thing I remember was my mother's OCD dinner menu... Monday - Breakfast for Dinner nite, Tues/Wed/Thurs - Chicken, Fish or Pasta, Friday - Appetizers in the living room, Saturday - Fend for Yourself nite and Sunday - Roast Beef with all the fixings.

We ate in that order from toddlers to teenagers, always.
    (Monday was my favourite, only time I was ever allowed Chocolate Milk)
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Deleted
    Let's see. Cabbage and Asparagus. Those are two things I absolutely despised when my parents cooked it, but really, I got off pretty light in terms of food, my dad is an absolutely amazing cook, he does some of the best cooking I've ever eaten. I wish I could cook half as good as he does

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    my step dad was an apparent chef in yugoslavia but weirdly enough he was a master carpenter when I lived with him. hmmm.

Anytime my step father decided we were going to have beets with whatever meal we were eating, also these nasty things my mom made called spinach squares.

The stupidest thing I've ever been given for dinner was this: My gran used to make these small, round loafs of bread which were frankly pretty bland and dry. We had been given some and my parents decided to freeze them.

The dinner which my dad prepared for me once was to get one of these little loafs and defrost it in the microwave, poke 4 holes in the top of it with his finger and put undercooked sausages into the holes. He then served me this whole soggy, chewy, horrible loaf of bread with 4 sausages sticking out the top of it right in front of my friends, then got really pissy when I wouldn't eat it...