Jeez...what reason is there to play a healer or hybrid now. Ret is basically useless (well, moreso than before). Haven't tested on my shaman yet but I'm dreading what I'll see. I feel my mage calling me...
Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.
I enjoy how hybrids are crying about how useless they'll be without their overpowered healing...
Remind me of how pure dps can't heal whenever they feel like please
On a side note, do ret paladins use 10% of their hp when they need to cc, or use 15% of their health to restore about 20% mana? I think not... Warlocks are a little exception, having more healing than other pures because they have spells with a hp-cost.
Also, as mentioned already, COOLDOWN, pures can't spam heals on themselves like hybrids can. Before they nerfed PvP power and healing, a shaman, druid or priest would heal more with a single heal than most pures could by using a cooldown, which on a side note, could only be used on themselves....
You compare a whole class to a single spec, but since I'm so nice I decided to check and there happen to be twice as many paladins then warlocks on that battlegroup.nearly three times as many warlocks as rets in wirbelsturm. ret is clearly overpowered.
Last edited by Nicola; 2012-12-13 at 09:54 AM.
As im mostly only bging or world pvping i would like to trade my selfheal for a lay on hands on a 1 min 45 sec CD healing me 100% over 15 seconds.
Wouldnt have to worry wasting 128328138 gcds and lose tons of dps because i have to heal myself.
Trumpsupporters are a plague that needs to be terminated.
Also, if you want a "lay on hands" healing over 15sec, you also gotta take a 30% hpcost on your stun ( cooldown trice as long as fear, so cost trice as high ) and greatly reduced mana regeneration , requiring to lifetap 15% of your health away for 20% mana, which is enough for like 5 spells.
Trust me on this, if you don't get heals from someone else, you end up killing yourself as warlock because besides dark regeneration and healthstone you have close to no selfhealing... Unless you never cc ofcourse...
Last edited by Nicola; 2012-12-13 at 10:30 AM.
As an ele shaman I'll gadly trade all my retarded heals for anything warlocks got. Scratch that! I'd trade my class for a warlock. PM me plz.
The problem is that currently DPS can out DPS a healer with pure burst without any kind of CC or interrupt. The DPS can keep this up indefinitely, a healer eventually goes OOM. If Blizzard wants to stop burst healing and lower the overall healed ammount in a short time, they ought to compensate with a better mana regeneration.
2. Certain classes ARE able to simply burst down healers, especially if they properly utilize their abilities. Other classes might just need some time but can play an healer oom, DK says hello. All of this is assuming the DPS is somewhat good, the vast majority of DPS aren't.
3. Even a decent DPS can eventually play an healer OOM. OOM is a needed mechanic in raids, not so much in PvP. Especially if Blizzards wants DPS to be able to ignore a healer and have two of them burst down an player of the opposite team anyway. Because if that's the case then the healer has to be able to at least somewhat compensate the burst when they pop everything and thus needs mana on par with the DPS cd recovery rate to be able to do so.
While also being able to somewhat negate the damage they do outside of their burst phase.
So the thing that happend is that every healing is nerfed ingame? pvp and pve? or only arena gets affected with it?
2) Yes, when they use cc and interrupts so the healer can't heal himself up instantly... More specifically, the only dps that can do this are warriors, frost mages and perhaps ferals as well.
3) In a 1v1 situation a healer will never oom against a dps that's not a mage, warrior or feral. The only reason because healers oom in arena is because they constantly have to heal themselve and their partners.
@Henniej, only pvp is affected
2. There's a difference between surviving indefinitely and 1 or even 2 dps being able to kill a healer in two to three gcd's.
3. There's far more classes able to OOM an healer. Most classes are able to do so if they put out decent damage. A DK for example does an awfull lot of sustained DMG far higher then a warrior or mage does but does have less burst. He will however on the long run be able to OOM most healers and eventually kill them.
2) Sorry to pop your bubble, but a healer dying in 3 gcds to 2 dps is perfectly fine when they pop cooldowns. You have a team and defensive cooldowns for a reason, no?
Nonetheless, the chances of a healer dying in 3 gcd to 2 dps are stupidly low, even when the healer doesn't pop cooldowns.
3) When talking 1v1, sustained damage does not OOM healers, since they can survive with their cheaper heals. A death knight will never kill a healer in a 1v1 situation situation with sustained damage, his only chance is to pop everything at once and hoping for the best.
When talking about 3v3, healers OOM because they need to heal 3 people instead of 1, but then again, burst will OOM a healer much faster than sustained damage...
What passive selfheals are we talking about?I got a 89 warlock and must try it again since the last time i played it i didnt have problems with blood fears life cost because of the "passive" selfheals i got all the time.
From what I know, warlocks don't have any passive selfhealing at all unless they are out of combat, and not in arena.
Last edited by Nicola; 2012-12-13 at 04:16 PM.