Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    It seems weird they didn't revert the last frost bomb change back to 5 seconds. It' going to get dispelled almost every time now.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    It seems weird they didn't revert the last frost bomb change back to 5 seconds. It' going to get dispelled almost every time now.
    Dispell it and someone is going to spend a full time in a deep or a cc.. just saying it aint allways the best option

  3. #23
    With these change, does it mean that haste will benefit more than mastery for frost mages in pvp?
    I used to go full reforge into mastery ( bigger crits owned healers in rbgs ) until now. Mastery is what made that frost bomb hit so hard, so with the 50% nerf, I foresee haste benefiting us more in therms of casting speed and detonating frost bomb ( in arenas at least )

  4. #24
    Moderator Shangalar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Im just wondering, how could they misstune mage so badly that we get now a nerf for frost and fire spec every few days lol?

    Ok arcane got buffed, but when you wanna play a class with stacking to amount of X and the use a ability that consumes stacks, then you play rogue or feral xD
    This nerf for Frost was done after more than two months of seeing it shine in PvP. The more people practiced and got better with triggering Shatter Frost Bombs, the more it became a problem. After the recent Warrior and Hunter burst damage nerfs (this is not the place to discuss their extent or success), our Frost Bomb was next in line. It will have only a marginal effect in PvE environments, possibly a slightly more obvious effect in Challenge Modes.

  5. #25
    Oh no! I cant kill ppl with 1 shot anymore
    They need to give me another instant kill spell (maybe a atomic bomb that will explode all enemies in my LOS)
    Welcome to the jungle, baby.
    Last edited by Biruta; 2012-12-12 at 01:41 PM.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post
    Oh no! I cant kill ppl with 1 shot anymore
    They need to give me another instant kill spell (maybe a atomic bomb that will explode all enemies in my LOS)
    Welcome to the jungle, baby.
    Is that constructive feedback at all or just class rage?

    As far as the change goes, i don't feel it's a good change because they're effectively killing a playstyle that is based on having control on Frost Bomb's detonation.
    Frost burst needs a nerf, but this isn't really a nerf to burst, it's a nerf to our gameplay, setting up the burst will be less accessible, but when it happens, it'll be just as imbalanced.
    Why not just nerf the damage a bit and let we still control detonation with fire blast?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1994and2011 View Post
    Celestalon's World of Hybridcraft.

  7. #27
    Moderator Shangalar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Is that constructive feedback at all or just class rage?

    As far as the change goes, i don't feel it's a good change because they're effectively killing a playstyle that is based on having control on Frost Bomb's detonation.
    Frost burst needs a nerf, but this isn't really a nerf to burst, it's a nerf to our gameplay, setting up the burst will be less accessible, but when it happens, it'll be just as imbalanced.
    Why not just nerf the damage a bit and let we still control detonation with fire blast?
    But, um... that's exactly what happened. The damage is nerfed when you control the detonation. The damage is not nerfed when you do not control the detonation.

    I fail to see the problem.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    But, um... that's exactly what happened. The damage is nerfed when you control the detonation. The damage is not nerfed when you do not control the detonation.

    I fail to see the problem.
    Don't control the detonation and you'll still be bringing full res players from 100 to 20% in a gcd. The problem with Frost Bomb is how spiky the damage is, not how the mage can control his own spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1994and2011 View Post
    Celestalon's World of Hybridcraft.

  9. #29
    That is why there is a 3-5 second delay on the detonation, there is quite a lot of time for a player to dispel it, pop cooldowns or otherwise prepare for the damage.
    It is never surprise burst, it is forecast well in advance.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    That is why there is a 3-5 second delay on the detonation, there is quite a lot of time for a player to dispel it, pop cooldowns or otherwise prepare for the damage.
    It is never surprise burst, it is forecast well in advance.
    Which means mages are back where they have been: dangerous class that is easy to counter, dispell it and be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1994and2011 View Post
    Celestalon's World of Hybridcraft.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
    omg i hate this hotfix why nerf mages, we were already underpowered as it is, how am I meant to kill people in arena now!?
    >mages
    >underpowered



    My sides!! LOL!!!!!

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Meh, as you can see on the front page, they intend to gut what makes Ferals so powerful: instant Cyclone, so it's not like they don't pay attention. Anyway, this will either shift stat priority towards Haste for a faster bomb, and it will free up a glyph slot as well. Time to change tactics.
    About time, though I still don't want to do arena 3s/5s if my resto is expected to just cyclone spam the entire fight.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 03:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Which means mages are back where they have been: dangerous class that is easy to counter, dispell it and be happy.
    How is Mage/Lock/whatever in 3s? I'd imagine that would be a pretty dangerous combo against healing comps, but I'm just guessing from a different class' perspective.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Which means mages are back where they have been: dangerous class that is easy to counter, dispell it and be happy.
    Like warlocks, s.priests and moonkins. Wellcome to the casters universe, where the mages were not up to today.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 03:28 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Is that constructive feedback at all or just class rage?

    As far as the change goes, i don't feel it's a good change because they're effectively killing a playstyle that is based on having control on Frost Bomb's detonation.
    Frost burst needs a nerf, but this isn't really a nerf to burst, it's a nerf to our gameplay, setting up the burst will be less accessible, but when it happens, it'll be just as imbalanced.
    Why not just nerf the damage a bit and let we still control detonation with fire blast?
    U can control your frost bomb detonation using fire blast, but the damage will be 50% reduced. You are not loosing any playstiye, u are loosing one of most overpowered burst damage in the game.
    Last edited by Biruta; 2012-12-12 at 03:29 PM.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

  14. #34
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    16,200
    It is nice that there are now some skill required to time things right to take full effect of it.
    Russia isn't afraid of US dude. That's why they are sending their bombers like 60km out of your shores. Infact they give 0 fucks. They know you wont dare to touch them.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    It is nice that there are now some skill required to time things right to take full effect of it.
    The skill known as "i hope they don't dispell, i hope they don't dispell"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1994and2011 View Post
    Celestalon's World of Hybridcraft.

  16. #36
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    16,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    The skill known as "i hope they don't dispell, i hope they don't dispell"
    Yes clearly only mages suffer from that and clearly their 2-3 times as high representation in Arena as any other caster reflect that as well.
    Herp derp.
    Russia isn't afraid of US dude. That's why they are sending their bombers like 60km out of your shores. Infact they give 0 fucks. They know you wont dare to touch them.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yes clearly only mages suffer from that and clearly their 2-3 times as high representation in Arena as any other caster reflect that as well.
    Herp derp.
    Clearly statistics out of thin air are true.
    Clearly mages are not historically the most susceptible to dispells.
    Clearly herp derp is a definitive argument to stamp another person's stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1994and2011 View Post
    Celestalon's World of Hybridcraft.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yes clearly only mages suffer from that and clearly their 2-3 times as high representation in Arena as any other caster reflect that as well.
    Herp derp.
    14 Mages in the top 150 players on Rampage. My BG has a 9.33% Mage representation. With 11 classes, perfect balance comes out to 9.09% per class...so it's nowhere near 2-3 times as high on my BG.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    14 Mages in the top 150 players on Rampage. My BG has a 9.33% Mage representation. With 11 classes, perfect balance comes out to 9.09% per class...so it's nowhere near 2-3 times as high on my BG.
    I doubt there's less than 5% representation of spriests or warlocks in any BG. Both are doing pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1994and2011 View Post
    Celestalon's World of Hybridcraft.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yes clearly only mages suffer from that and clearly their 2-3 times as high representation in Arena as any other caster reflect that as well.
    Herp derp.
    Not true, whatsoever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •